X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pappsegull View Post
    Hi,

I have manually add and export nearly 400 cites/Brgy on Leyte from http://www.bing.com/maps
    So now it’s just to see if the positions are correct and add roads to them
    Hi Pappsegull. For your barangay points to be usefull, you must add the name of the city/municipality it belongs to and prefix it with "Brgy.". Example "Brgy. Tambis@St. Bernard". This will eliminate having to add number suffix for barangays with similar names (like Burabud and Burabud.1).Also, please indicate in the comments field which of these points are for cities/municipalities. If you can double check the cities/municipalities waypoints in Google Earth, so much the better so you can move them to the central area of that city/municipality like the municipal hall or park. Same goes for those barangay points too that are in the sea when overlayed in the demo map v1.07. TIA

And if i may add... please double check the barangay names against the NSO (National Statistics Office) official barangay names just to be sure you got all the names right. After editing your file, please re-upload then delete your first upload. Btw, it is up to admin if brgy points without roads leading to them will be included in the map. Clarification from admin please?

Another issue that needs to be addressed by Pappsegull: COPYRIGHT ISSUE. Please check and confirm with bing maps if you have not violated any copyright issues by copying the brgy & city points from their map. Please reply asap. TIA
    Last edited by Borgie; 09-24-2009, 10:52. Reason: added more info...

Comment

Correct location for PagIbigMainOffice. Additional upload on correct location of POI's in South area of The Terraces
      Last edited by Xotech; 09-24-2009, 12:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
        Hi Pappsegull. For your barangay points to be usefull, you must add the name of the city/municipality it belongs to and prefix it with "Brgy.". Example "Brgy. Tambis@St. Bernard". This will eliminate having to add number suffix for barangays with similar names (like Burabud and Burabud.1).Also, please indicate in the comments field which of these points are for cities/municipalities. If you can double check the cities/municipalities waypoints in Google Earth, so much the better so you can move them to the central area of that city/municipality like the municipal hall or park. Same goes for those barangay points too that are in the sea when overlayed in the demo map v1.07. TIA

And if i may add... please double check the barangay names against the NSO (National Statistics Office) official barangay names just to be sure you got all the names right. After editing your file, please re-upload then delete your first upload. Btw, it is up to admin if brgy points without roads leading to them will be included in the map. Clarification from admin please?

Another issue that needs to be addressed by Pappsegull: COPYRIGHT ISSUE. Please check and confirm with bing maps if you have not violated any copyright issues by copying the brgy & city points from their map. Please reply asap. TIA
        Hi Borgie,

Thanks for your information.
        Sorry, like I wrote in earlier post I’m new to this. I was just interested to have a map on Leyte coz I have early retirement and use to stay there long periods. So when I found your site I did get interested. I just thought it was better with some raw data than a blank map to start with Now I have Ph routable and one off my own maps with some raw data I have collect past week, in my Garmin Mobile XP, and hope that I will be able to correct some data on that map, I attach my map in this post. Then my plan is to turn on my GPS when I strolling around.

I have Swedish citizenship and no connections to NSO. Do you have any links where I can check i.e. what city/municipality a Brgy belongs to, population, position… that I can use?

Google Earth doesn’t have detailed satellite maps on all areas to check, do you know any other source where I can check that?

I’m not an expert either in legal stuff and don’t know whom I will mail and ask. But I find it hard to believe that I have violated any copyright issues, coz it will be used as raw data in a non-commercial project.

Comment

Fort Santiago Waypoint

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
            hi bennyyapo,

some of your waypoints are a bit far from the road like the hotel and the hospital.

kindly edit it and put the waypoint at the entrance of the establishment. withregards to police station and hospital, kindly put their corresponding address and telephone number for easier searching if an emergency arise.
            e.g. police station1@juan luna st#02 9998888

thanks and God Bless

Sir,
            Noted. thanks. however, all this waypoints I submitted are near to the road only thing is the road going there is not yet on the demo version map. As for the one without telephone because its not available in yellow page where I research it, once telephone is available I'm going for correction of it if it is already incorporated to the latest demo map.
            To think is easy. To act is difficult.
            To act as one thinks is the most difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by bennyyapo View Post
              Sir,
              Noted. thanks. however, all this waypoints I submitted are near to the road only thing is the road going there is not yet on the demo version map. As for the one without telephone because its not available in yellow page where I research it, once telephone is available I'm going for correction of it if it is already incorporated to the latest demo map.
              hi sir,
              now that you mention that there are some roads that are not yet on the demo map, maybe you can contribute this by doing this: http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=384&page=2

read this thread coz your nuvi 205 is capable of doing this.

and if you have a question please feel free to post it. im sure some good samaritan will be happy to help you out
              Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
              - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Sir,
                Hi Bennyyapo,

just put in the comment field that there is no existing road yet so that Pokz will know... kindly edit and re- upload... pls don't forget to delete your previous attachment to avoid duplication.

Comment

all this waypoints I submitted are near to the road only thing is the road going there is not yet on the demo version map.
                  Then your should indicate in the comment field that the road is not yet existing, otherwise the waypoints will be deleted.

What to put in the comment field (with addition)

a. Description of waypoint if it is an uncommon one (unfamiliar to most of us, no appropriate symbol, etc.)
                  b. The word "correct" if a correction of existing waypoint in demo map. To be uploaded in the waypoints thread
                  c. The word "wrong" if a deletion of existing points in demo map. To be uploaded in the waypoints corrections thread
                  d. The word "tracks uploaded" or "tracks not yet existing" when uploading a waypoint that is located along tracks not yet existing in the current map. To be uploaded in the waypoints thread

L. Waypoints that are prone to deletion

Your waypoints will most likely be deleted if they are:

a. in the middle of the street (unless it is a bridge, a boundary arch or subdivision entrances)
                  b. too far away from the street (unless they are located along streets not yet existing in the map or located inside a mall)
                  c. waypoints that are not accompanied by proper names (ex. schools, towers, churches etc. that were simply uploaded as "school, tower, church etc.") Exception to this would be bridges, we will accept them even without proper names.
                  d. unfamiliar waypoints that are not accompanied by a description in the comment field
                  e. familiar waypoints that are not accompanied by proper symbols
                  f. waypoints that were uploaded in the wrong thread
                  g. inside a mall/building without the address included (compulsory, remember...)
                  h. waypoints of parking spaces that are not located in entrances (much more important than waypoints inside the mall, indicate in the comment field that it is parking entrance)

Comment

Originally posted by Xotech View Post
                    Correct location for PagIbigMainOffice. Additional upload on correct location of POI's in South area of The Terraces
                    Next time, please include the address of waypoints inside the mall, this is the only time that we require the compulsory inclusion of address.

A. How to name your waypoints

if you want to include the address of the poi, do it as follows: mypoi@streetname
                    example: Jollibee@Makati Ave housenumber if any you put behind the streetname. Jollibee@Jupiter cor Makati Ave222 (example only)

if you want to include the telephone number of the poi, do it as follows: mypoi#02888888888 (area code + telephone number, without space in between)

if you want to include both: Jollibee@Makati Ave#0288888888 (or whatever the correct address and phone is)

or alternative put the address between brackets Jollibee(Makati Ave) (original note of Jan)

or if a waypoint is located inside a mall or building, use the building itself as the address: Jollibee@2nd Level, SM Southmall (compulsory)

it would also be most welcome if the district is included for long streets spanning different places, ex. Jollibee@Edsa, Cubao

Comment

additional waypoints in Paranaque
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by jcbasf; 09-24-2009, 20:15. Reason: corrected spelling of Luzon Development

Comment

Originally posted by jcbasf View Post
                        additional waypoints in Paranaque
                        Hi Jcbasf,

kindly check the spelling of Luzon Development Bank.

Comment

Originally posted by Pappsegull View Post
                          I’m not an expert either in legal stuff and don’t know whom I will mail and ask. But I find it hard to believe that I have violated any copyright issues, coz it will be used as raw data in a non-commercial project.
                          Thanks for your reply. I did not say you violated any copyright issue but for you to check with bing maps if it is okay to copy their data. That's the reason why we also pretty much prefer our contributors to contribute data they gathered themselves. And as mentioned, the barangay waypoints are not for aesthetics for us to see in the map but useful points that you can navigate to using your GPS. This is afterall a gps mapping project with the resulting map to be used in navigation. I do appreciate the effort you did in coming up with these waypoints. There's a thread that covers contributing without a gps when you're out of the country and threads on how to contribute your own gps raw data. I hope you can check these out.
                          Last edited by Borgie; 09-24-2009, 20:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Liv View Post
                            Hi Jcbasf,

kindly check the spelling of Luzon Development Bank.
                            done . . . thanks for pointing that out

Comment

Originally posted by pokz View Post
                              Then your should indicate in the comment field that the road is not yet existing, otherwise the waypoints will be deleted.

What to put in the comment field (with addition)

a. Description of waypoint if it is an uncommon one (unfamiliar to most of us, no appropriate symbol, etc.)
                              b. The word "correct" if a correction of existing waypoint in demo map. To be uploaded in the waypoints thread
                              c. The word "wrong" if a deletion of existing points in demo map. To be uploaded in the waypoints corrections thread
                              d. The word "tracks uploaded" or "tracks not yet existing" when uploading a waypoint that is located along tracks not yet existing in the current map. To be uploaded in the waypoints thread

L. Waypoints that are prone to deletion

Your waypoints will most likely be deleted if they are:

a. in the middle of the street (unless it is a bridge, a boundary arch or subdivision entrances)
                              b. too far away from the street (unless they are located along streets not yet existing in the map or located inside a mall)
                              c. waypoints that are not accompanied by proper names (ex. schools, towers, churches etc. that were simply uploaded as "school, tower, church etc.") Exception to this would be bridges, we will accept them even without proper names.
                              d. unfamiliar waypoints that are not accompanied by a description in the comment field
                              e. familiar waypoints that are not accompanied by proper symbols
                              f. waypoints that were uploaded in the wrong thread
                              g. inside a mall/building without the address included (compulsory, remember...)
                              h. waypoints of parking spaces that are not located in entrances (much more important than waypoints inside the mall, indicate in the comment field that it is parking entrance)

Sir's

Please find edited new Antipolo waypoints.
                              To think is easy. To act is difficult.
                              To act as one thinks is the most difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
                                Thanks for your reply. I did not say you violated any copyright issue but for you to check with bing maps if it is okay to copy their data. That's the reason why we also pretty much prefer our contributors to contribute data they gathered themselves. And as mentioned, the barangay waypoints are not for aesthetics for us to see in the map but useful points that you can navigate to using your GPS. This is afterall a gps mapping project with the resulting map to be used in navigation. I do appreciate the effort you did in coming up with these waypoints. There's a thread that covers contributing without a gps when you're out of the country and threads on how to contribute your own gps raw data. I hope you can check these out.
                                Ok, thanks! I understand that, my waypoints are saved as open collections on Bing if anyone else can have use for them. I guess it may help gathering there data if they travelling on Leyte.
                                Do you know any useful links where I can check i.e. what city/municipality a Brgy belongs to, population, position etc?

Comment

Working...
                                X