Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Sir Pokz for great help and advice. Attached is the adjusted waypoints. Adjusted also are some abbreviations and dot (.) deletion.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by appintado View Post
      Thanks Sir Pokz for great help and advice. Attached is the adjusted waypoints. Adjusted also are some abbreviations and dot (.) deletion.
      hi sir apintado,

your waypoints are okay. but, can you put the address and/or tel number for easier searching.
      e.g.
      odeon cinema@rizal ave

and if you want to put the telephone number

odeon cinema@rizal ave#02 9998888

thanks and good work
      Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
      - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Additional Waypoints for Bridges

Sir Pokz,
        Pls add these 2 names of bridges.
        Thanks.
        Attached Files
        FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveMorrison
          Some points leading to Sallas park.

Pokz, I uploaded some of these points for 1.07 but they were not included. Possibly because the tracks to link them in were not uploaded till after 1.07 was released. Should I just re-upload the other points that did not make 1.07?
          I have uploaded all the tracks now.

Regards
          dave
          These are barangay waypoints if I'm not mistaken. Unfortunately we still have to sort out whether to include barangays as waypoints and where they should really be located. For now, we are inclined to use barangay halls or elementary schools as valid waypoints to locate the village. If you can somehow move and change them into the categories I mentioned, please do so. Otherwise, it might not be included again in the next version.

Comment

Originally posted by appintado View Post
            Thank you, very nice waypoints indeed. While you're still at it, can you please take a look at some existing banks (BDO, BPI, etc) along JP Rizal which are far away from the road. Can you please make a correction file for them? Thanks again.

Comment

Mabini, Batangas Catholic Church
              Muzon WPs
              Attached Files
              Last edited by w0lvez; 09-05-2009, 16:45.

Comment

additional WP's Sir
                Attached Files

Comment

Barangay's & Puroks - confused Joe

Originally posted by pokz View Post
                  These are barangay waypoints if I'm not mistaken. Unfortunately we still have to sort out whether to include barangays as waypoints and where they should really be located. For now, we are inclined to use barangay halls or elementary schools as valid waypoints to locate the village. If you can somehow move and change them into the categories I mentioned, please do so. Otherwise, it might not be included again in the next version.
                  Okay understand, Tricky. Most of the points are taken outside schools but I have found most schools (unscientific) are named after some big shot so not helpful in identifying the Barangay. In many cases I can't remember seeing a Barangay hall in the smaller ones, or at least clearly marked ones. The other problem I have is Puroks and Barangay's. From what I understand a Barangay is an administrative area (have a nice map of Guimaras's Barangays) and do not necessarily have a village (Purok?) of the same name. I also think that some Barangay's have a few well defined reasonably sized Purok's that may? have their own halls and schools. I also suspect that a purok that may have the Barangay name is no longer the largest / most important purok.
                  This will take some bike work to sort out and probably need to learn better Ilongo without the Scottish accent.

Whats required for a Purok? not that I have attempted waypoints for them, but may have to to calrify the Barangay's.

The three posted above are relatively simple - one road, welcome sign, schools and well defined centre, thankyou come again signs.
                  Happiness is a blank screen with only the little pointer and a tail comimg out the back!

Comment

for correction

DBP and RCBC Sta Rosa correct location
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DaveMorrison View Post
                      Okay understand, Tricky. Most of the points are taken outside schools but I have found most schools (unscientific) are named after some big shot so not helpful in identifying the Barangay. In many cases I can't remember seeing a Barangay hall in the smaller ones, or at least clearly marked ones. The other problem I have is Puroks and Barangay's. From what I understand a Barangay is an administrative area (have a nice map of Guimaras's Barangays) and do not necessarily have a village (Purok?) of the same name. I also think that some Barangay's have a few well defined reasonably sized Purok's that may? have their own halls and schools. I also suspect that a purok that may have the Barangay name is no longer the largest / most important purok.
                      This will take some bike work to sort out and probably need to learn better Ilongo without the Scottish accent.

Whats required for a Purok? not that I have attempted waypoints for them, but may have to to calrify the Barangay's.
                      If i may share & clarify, maybe you can label the school like this 'school name@purok name or barangay name'. And you're correct, administrative maps do not generally show the puroks that comprise a barangay mainly because the boundaries are difficult to delineate. But there are some administrative maps though that show puroks points but said points are approximates of the location. HTH

Comment

Sir Poks

Here are some waypoints

Comment

Originally posted by pokz View Post
                          Thank you, very nice waypoints indeed. While you're still at it, can you please take a look at some existing banks (BDO, BPI, etc) along JP Rizal which are far away from the road. Can you please make a correction file for them? Thanks again.
                          Yes Sir Pokz, I noticed also some of the existing waypoints are far from the road. Will submit some corrections very soon.

Thanks again.

Comment

OT Question: Should I reupload wp's i submitted for 1.07 but werent included? or does this mean admin does not want those wps?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jaysondin87 View Post
                              OT Question: Should I reupload wp's i submitted for 1.07 but werent included? or does this mean admin does not want those wps?

thanks
                              Yes, you should post it again if not included in the latest map. Please check too why it's not included. hehe.
                              SMS Machine • PictureSMS • SMS Commander • BattLogger • TraceCrash • MemoManager • vCardManager

Suntzu Software for Palm Treo

www.suntzu-software.com

Comment

Silay City

helpful info for tourist.

Comment

Working...
                                X