X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about the demo and my gps map

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
    Much better now but still needs improvement. Some waypoints are too far off the road, some are on the road, some are in the middle of the two lanes in EDSA, and some needs spell checking. Please review again the standards... TIA

Here's a tip, after you've downloaded your favorite waypoints in mapsource, write a comment on the waypoints comment field box, say "noted" or "recorded" or whatever. After saving the mapsource file, you can now upload these waypoints back to the gps (after deleting all your waypoints in the gps so that there will be no duplication). The reason for this is that the comment you wrote will help you filter your waypoints when you download them again to mapsource so you'll know which are current and which have already been saved or recorded. There's a mapsource pdf file manual btw that accompanies a mapsource installation in the pc, look for it. It'll help you understand the different tools in mapsource better. HTH
    I realized that if i open the mapsource, the map from gps (free map) the track is spot on from the road. Tumama sa line ng road. When i change the Demo Map it is way off. That is why some of my waypoints are far off. I did not move the waypoints since it is base on my tracks. The Sat coordinates i got might be right???? Maybe my free and demo map are not aligned very well?
    Nation's Laws are a reflection of national character

Comment

Gaps Autocenter.
      Attached Files
      SMS Machine • PictureSMS • SMS Commander • BattLogger • TraceCrash • MemoManager • vCardManager

Suntzu Software for Palm Treo

www.suntzu-software.com

Comment

I'll get more info for the waypoints. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by tomgotan View Post
          I realized that if i open the mapsource, the map from gps (free map) the track is spot on from the road. Tumama sa line ng road. When i change the Demo Map it is way off. That is why some of my waypoints are far off. I did not move the waypoints since it is base on my tracks. The Sat coordinates i got might be right???? Maybe my free and demo map are not aligned very well?
          switch off stick on road...
          unless you use a nuvi....
          How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

yup nuvi

Hello, Jan
            I am using Nuvi760

tom

Comment

For the moment, do not worry too much if you're coordinates might not be right (but pls. do make sure that you have satellite lock when marking) or if the roads on the standard map and the demo map differ. What you should remember always is we prepare and edit waypoints (refer to the waypoints standard outlined by Pokz) based on the roads in the demo map V1.07. So if after downloading from the gps, you think your waypoint looks ok in the standard map but is way off in the demo map, the demo map prevails and you should move that waypoint nearer to the demo map's road as per the waypoint standards.

Later, when somebody uploads a correction of that road (if indeed that road in the demo map is off), we'll just adjust the waypoints accordingly again to reflect the corrected road. Hope this clears up things and TIA.

Btw, what GPS are you using?

Comment

additional wpt Ortigas /Makati

Comment

Re-posted waypoints!

Re-posting a few waypoints, that for some reason or another has'nt made it to the map?

Also adjusted the bridges to the roads.

Jan, if you don't want the bridges, please let me know so we are not wasting our time here? TIA
                  Questions? Check Out The: "HOW TO"

Comment

Nuestra Senora Del Perpetuo Socorro Parish.
                    SMS Machine • PictureSMS • SMS Commander • BattLogger • TraceCrash • MemoManager • vCardManager

Suntzu Software for Palm Treo

www.suntzu-software.com

Comment

contribution

revised and added new waypoints

Comment

Originally posted by jonatle View Post
                        Re-posting a few waypoints, that for some reason or another has'nt made it to the map?

Also adjusted the bridges to the roads.

Jan, if you don't want the bridges, please let me know so we are not wasting our time here? TIA

sir jonatle,
                        pls see this post regarding bridges from sir pokz:
                        http://www.roadguide.ph/forums/showp...2&postcount=35
                        FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
                          sir jonatle,
                          pls see this post regarding bridges from sir pokz:
                          http://www.roadguide.ph/forums/showp...2&postcount=35
                          Correction with my earlier statement with regard to bridges. We now accept bridges regardless of whether they have names or not. In fact, it is the only waypoint I know of that can be included even without a name. Please see letter L - c of waypoints standard....http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=761. Sorry for the confusion. I did remember that I deleted the bridges submitted by jonatle before. Please re-upload all those bridges as Jan really wants them in the map.

Comment

hi sir, here are some waypoints '

re PC Options this is the new location. old location across existing is already closed
                            Last edited by elx221; 09-11-2009, 23:25.

Comment

Originally posted by elx221 View Post
                              hi sir, here are some waypoints '
                              [ATTACH]5634[/ATTACH]

re PC Options this is the new location. old location across existing is already closed

Hi Elx221,

kindly do a spell check on Church of the Cathedral... your Church of the Ministries name seems to be incomplete... Petron along P.Guevarra is in the map already. thanks

Comment

revised and added new waypoints
                                Hi tomgotan. The waypoint locations are okay but why are there asterisks (*) after the label? If you want to put in the address, it should be like this LPG Stn@Quezon Ave.

Here's a review on how to do it (http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....39&postcount=2)...

A. How to name your waypoints

if you want to include the address of the poi, do it as follows: mypoi@streetname
                                example: Jollibee@Makati Ave housenumber if any you put behind the streetname. Jollibee@Jupiter cor Makati Ave222 (example only)

if you want to include the telephone number of the poi, do it as follows: mypoi#02888888888

if you want to include both: Jollibee@Makati Ave#0288888888 (or whatever the correct address and phone is)

or alternative put the address between brackets Jollibee(Makati Ave) (original note of Jan)

or if a waypoint is located inside a mall or building, use the building itself as the address: Jollibee@2nd Level, SM Southmall (compulsory)

it would also be most welcome if the district is included for long streets spanning different places, ex. Jollibee@Edsa, Cubao

For waypoints whose streets are not known, especially along highways in provinces, Barangay names are also valid addresses, ex. Jollibee@Brgy San Nicolas. Better yet if street is also included, ex. Jollibee@National Hwy, Brgy San Nicolas

Please take note that inclusion of address and/or telephone number is not compulsory in uploading of waypoints. We wouldn't want contributors to be discouraged from sharing their waypoints just because they do not have/know their correct address. Exception to this would be for waypoints inside a mall or building, wherein we definitely require everyone to include the address as the building's name itself (ex. Jollibee@SM Lipa). And we do appreciate very much if addresses can be included for easier searching of our POIs, but again, it is not compulsory.

Hope everything's clear and thanks for being patient...

Comment

Working...
                                X