Download the standard map's gmapsupp.img here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi billordiway, there are two maps..

1. The demo map which is only used with Mapsource to compare your contributions and cannot be directly loaded to your unit.
    2. The standard map which is the limited version (.img file) which is ready and can be loaded to your gps unit. (e.g. x:\garmin)

You need to contribute in order to get access to the contributor's version of the map.. Please kindly read the How To section...

Originally posted by billordiway View Post
    Hello, I am trying to install the roadmaps on a 1300 and used MapSource and uploaded the maps and also copy and past the gmapsupp.img into the garmin folder and when the unit is on it shows that is has the PH maps and displays the city Icons put does not display the streets, when you touch screen and click go, then it shows the highlight where the road should be and name, but that is all no other road or streets, all though when your touching the creen the street names appear. Please help,
    Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
      Hi Bill.
      Welcome to Roadguide.
      If you have uploaded maps thru mapsource then no need to paste img file. That is two different way of uploading map into your gps unit.
      With regards to your question, what you have is our standard map which is an old version, maybe just maybe on those portion you mentioned, streets were not included yet. But these missing streets definitely included now in our latest map version 1.08. Pls get our demo map 1.08 and compare with standard map. Demo map 1.08 is latest but can not be uploaded to gps unit. You got to have unlock key to upload it. Unlock key is given only to contributors. HTH. If you have more questions, just post it.
      Hello, This is the same that I uploaded in my Garmin nuvi 255W and all the roads show up. I have several roads and points of interest saved, but have no figured how to connect the new road to the exciting one for I can contribute, I will be visting Bantayon Island again and spending a few days saving the streets there so I will try to upload it for you can see and maybe help me correctly name and connect the streets.
      Thank You,
      Bill

Comment

Hello, This is the same that I uploaded in my Garmin nuvi 255W and all the roads show up. I have several roads and points of interest saved, but have no figured how to connect the new road to the exciting one for I can contribute, I will be visting Bantayon Island again and spending a few days saving the streets there so I will try to upload it for you can see and maybe help me correctly name and connect the streets.
        Thank You,
        Bill
        nuvi255 is capable of 1-sec track.
        start recording 1-sec track when you are on existing road (roads already on map) so we would know where to link your new roads.
        let me take a look once you have your gdb file for it.
        take note also of streetnames if available. you can record it as waypoint.
        FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

nuvi255 is capable of 1-sec track.
          start recording 1-sec track when you are on existing road (roads already on map) so we would know where to link your new roads.
          let me take a look once you have your gdb file for it.
          take note also of streetnames if available. you can record it as waypoint.
          Ok, Now you lost me, how do I set the 255w to record 1-sec track?
          Thank You,
          Bill

Comment

Thank You,
            Bill
            Bill,
            Pls go to this link:
            http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....9&postcount=11
            After pressing the four location, a button "start recording" will appear with a timer.

Comment

Thank You,
              Bill
              And you need this to download your tracks to mapsource:
              http://www.roadguide.ph/forums/showp...6&postcount=15
              WNutrak will convert your recorded tracks to gpx format which mapsource can open.

Comment

Can you look at this file, there is also a track from the Bantayan Island. I tried to do the 1234 on "where am I" but the closest address just flashs and touching the screen does nothing in the 1234 area that shows in the sample picture.

http://www.startouringphilippines.com/garmin/cebu waypoints1.gdb

Comment

ok, I went to "where to" then to "coordinates" and "Format" and selected this:
                  h ddd mm' ss.s"
                  will this help?

Comment

Can you look at this file, there is also a track from the Bantayan Island. I tried to do the 1234 on "where am I" but the closest address just flashs and touching the screen does nothing in the 1234 area that shows in the sample picture.
                    @Billordiway
                    Ill take a look at your file tonight.

@Malamig,
                    Hi Jun. Could you pls confirm if nuvi 255W can record 1-sec tracks? TIA.

Comment

ok, I went to "where to" then to "coordinates" and "Format" and selected this:
                      h ddd mm' ss.s"
                      will this help?
                      no idea on that. pls try it and inform us result.

Comment

@Billordiway
                        Ill take a look at your file tonight.

@Malamig,
                        Hi Jun. Could you pls confirm if nuvi 255W can record 1-sec tracks? TIA.
                        Hi reiji,

All nuvi model that ends in 5 are capable of the easter
                        Egg
                        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                        - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

http://www.startouringphilippines.com/garmin/cebu waypoints1.gdb
                          Originally posted by hbt View Post
                          Hi reiji,

All nuvi model that ends in 5 are capable of the easter
                          Egg
                          @billordiway
                          There you go Bill. Your nuvi should have it. Maybe just need to adjust the pressing locations a bit.

Comment

OK, I took a drive and here is the track after changing the format, let me know if this will work for you as I need to get this working before heading to Batayan Island http://www.startouringphilippines.com/garmin/test.gdb

Comment

OK, I took a drive and here is the track after changing the format, let me know if this will work for you as I need to get this working before heading to Batayan Island http://www.startouringphilippines.com/garmin/test.gdb
                              what you have here is the ordinary nuvi track. the points of the 1 sec. nuvi track will be closer and consistent
                              Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                              - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

OK, Got it!!!!! I was expecting an icon when I touched 1234, and after reading more I tried again and there it was, now I recorded in off road mode and converted it, so is this what your looking for http://www.startouringphilippines.com/garmin/test2.gdb

Comment

Working...
                                X