No announcement yet.

Download the standard map's gmapsupp.img here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys, i just downloaded the latest philippine map and followed the instructions in how to's section. Im just wondering i can upload the map to my nokia 5800 using mapsource that i downloaded here, i can see the gmapsupp.img in the garmin folder on my phone but i cant see the map when i use garmin mobile xt on my phone, everytime i view the map it indicates that there is no map, is there anything i can do to the settings? When i go to map sets all i can see is "Detailed maps E:\GARMIN\. Pls help. Thanks guys. Btw im using garmin mobile xt 5.00.30.

Comment

Originally posted by orido View Post
      Hi guys, i just downloaded the latest philippine map and followed the instructions in how to's section. Im just wondering i can upload the map to my nokia 5800 using mapsource that i downloaded here, i can see the gmapsupp.img in the garmin folder on my phone but i cant see the map when i use garmin mobile xt on my phone, everytime i view the map it indicates that there is no map, is there anything i can do to the settings? When i go to map sets all i can see is "Detailed maps E:\GARMIN\. Pls help. Thanks guys. Btw im using garmin mobile xt 5.00.30.

Hey guys! i found a way on how to solve my problem through reading some threads here. Im so happy i finally had my garmin mobile xt working and i can see the map, all i need is a lock-on, wow this is really great. Good work roadguide.ph admins and mods your site really helps a lot for people like me who is a newbie on gps thing. Thank you guys! kudos to all of you.

Comment

Originally posted by orido View Post
        Hey guys! i found a way on how to solve my problem through reading some threads here. Im so happy i finally had my garmin mobile xt working and i can see the map, all i need is a lock-on, wow this is really great. Good work roadguide.ph admins and mods your site really helps a lot for people like me who is a newbie on gps thing. Thank you guys! kudos to all of you.
        Great! Hope to see your contributions soon...

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
          That's why it's sometimes called the teaser map. Lots of people are already taking advantage of that map, using it as a selling point for selling overpriced GPS. Worse some of them are claiming the map as their own, without even acknowledging where the map came from. We're all for increasing gps usage in our country but each of us should also do our part to make the map better. Sad to say, some are there only to take advantage of the effort of others...

You'll understand these sentiments better imho when you get to use the contributor's map with your contributions in it...
          There are some users like me who are not that techie enough and have limited time to contribute ... i understand that the purpose is not for selling the map, but we can contribute in some other ways ... there's cost involved in maintaining the site - would it be possible for members like us to just send contributions in cash to defray the expenses for maintaining the site, in exchange for having access to the full map

For your consideration sir/ma'am ... thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by raptormnl View Post
            There are some users like me who are not that techie enough and have limited time to contribute ... i understand that the purpose is not for selling the map, but we can contribute in some other ways ... there's cost involved in maintaining the site - would it be possible for members like us to just send contributions in cash to defray the expenses for maintaining the site, in exchange for having access to the full map

With all due respect, most of the members here started out like you did, proclaiming that they were not techie enough, or did not have the time or some other reason. But most of them were able to move on and became contributors, thus getting to enjoy the contributor's map. Sorry to inform you that that's just the way it is, unless the rules are changed. So contribute waypoints/tracks (new or corrections) or GE traces to get the contributor's map... no more, no less...

Comment

Originally posted by raptormnl View Post

hi sir raptormnl,

i, for one started out knowing nothing about GPSand computer. and crawl my way here, learning slowly. but now, i feel very comfotable here.
              one thing tho i will promise you. if you want my help, let me know as i already help a lot of newbies here.

good day to you sir
              Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
              - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

I have a Garmin 765 I need a Philippines Map can you tell me how to download save it to my SD and load it to my Garmin......

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Rhay72 View Post
                  I have a Garmin 765 I need a Philippines Map can you tell me how to download save it to my SD and load it to my Garmin......

thanks
                  Hi Rhay,

You can check the first post of this thread:

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost.php?p=6&postcount=1

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                    and to add... actually, we are already giving something to the community. imagine a person has no map then suddenly found this site and poof... FREE map 5.17
                    then to get the other map v1.06 full version, all you have to do is contribute and magic.... free 1.06 full map
                    for what price.... free.
                    price to pay.... time

Hi hbt.
                    Congrats for major contributor status!!!

sorry
                    FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
                      Hi hbt.
                      Congrats for major contributor status!!!

sorry
                      thank you sir reiji for the mention. it is because of you people who inspire us to strive to be better
                      Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                      - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

I downloaded it and I saved it to my SD card now how can I open it on my Garmin 765?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Rhay72 View Post
                          I downloaded it and I saved it to my SD card now how can I open it on my Garmin 765?

Thanks
                          Turn on your Nuvi with a clear view of the sky...

Comment

... and select/check the Map Set (Settings-Map menu) that you have just downloaded. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by vubando View Post
                              ... and select/check the Map Set (Settings-Map menu) that you have just downloaded. Good luck

I tried everything but not loading up so I am not sure If I downloaded the Philippines Maps correctly...Now Do I have to be in the Philippines for that to work on my Garmin? I thought that once you loaded any maps in Garmin you can just switch location and view it before hand? I am I missing something?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
                                Turn on your Nuvi with a clear view of the sky...
                                I tried everything but not loading up so I am not sure If I downloaded the Philippines Maps correctly...Now Do I have to be in the Philippines for that to work on my Garmin? I thought that once you loaded any maps in Garmin you can just switch location and view it before hand? I am I missing something?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X