Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edsailormoon View Post
    Hi there. A newbie here.

So i have downloaded the standard map last night. And tested it awhile ago going to market market. My usual route is going (from my house in Pasig) going through Stella Mariz and Dr. Sixto, to my surprise, there's a missing bridge/road going to C5 coming from Dr Sixto. The bridge is called Sandoval Bridge btw..
    Hi edsailormoon.
    Sandoval bridge is already include in the contributor's map.
    What you have is the standard demo map which is just a teaser.
    Try to contribute so you could get the updated contributor's map v1.06.
    Start with reading the "How to" thread.
    BTW, welcome to roadguide! I am also from Pasig.
    FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
      Hi edsailormoon.
      Sandoval bridge is already include in the contributor's map.
      What you have is the standard demo map which is just a teaser.
      Try to contribute so you could get the updated contributor's map v1.06.
      Start with reading the "How to" thread.
      BTW, welcome to roadguide! I am also from Pasig.
      Thanks. Anyway, teaser lang? Wala bang for sale nalang nung Updated map?
      We got some places to see...I brought all the maps with me...So jump right in...Ain't no sin...Take a ride in my machine.

- Freeway Of Love (Pink Cadillac), Aretha Franklin

Comment

i t will not be for sale, you can have it in time, contribute and contribute, its our map its pilipinas

Comment

Originally posted by uargon View Post
          i t will not be for sale, you can have it in time, contribute and contribute, its our map its pilipinas
          Ok thanks. Hopefully I can find the time to do or follow "ALL" that is written in the "How To's".

Atleast man lang sana kasama yung "bridge" dun sa demo. It's a bridge.. Not just a restaurant or something..

It's our Pilipinas
          Last edited by edsailormoon; 08-05-2009, 01:17.
          We got some places to see...I brought all the maps with me...So jump right in...Ain't no sin...Take a ride in my machine.

Comment

Ok thanks. Hopefully I can find the time to do or follow "ALL" that is written in the "How To's".

Atleast man lang sana kasama yung "bridge" dun sa demo. It's a bridge.. Not just a restaurant or something..

It's our Pilipinas
            Its a work in progress so every member is encourage to contribute.
            When the demo map was made available, obviously, there was nobody who contributed that bridge. It was just added in version 1.06.
            Gps mapping is easy and addicting. Take some time and you will understand it.
            Almost everyone in the forum started like you did.

Comment

Unfortunately, this forum is not about selling.
              Its sort of "bayanihan".
              Its very fulfilling to have something which you have been part of building it.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
                Gps mapping is easy and addicting. Take some time and you will understand it.
                I just wanted the bridge.

Btw, I've been using GPS since the release of Nokia N95 on 2007. Then lumipat ako sa E90. Never even occured to me to buy a designated GPS device. So I only use what I have. I just use them for novelty purposes lang din naman. Kaya I'll think about it if I'll be pursuing this hobby. Just thinking of the procedures kinda makes me think that it's already a full time job. No offense.

Anyways, I'll be checking around here from time to time. Good luck to you guys! God Speed!

Oh btw, please inform me asap if you guys still plan/have plans on releasing a "standard map" with sandoval bridge. Thanks thanks.
                Last edited by edsailormoon; 08-05-2009, 03:03.

Comment

Question po.

The roadguide 1.06 is the latest demo? This is where I'm going to base my contributions?

Comment

Hi edsailormoon, that is correct!

Question po.

The roadguide 1.06 is the latest demo? This is where I'm going to base my contributions?

Comment

Originally posted by razorspells View Post
                      Hi edsailormoon, that is correct!
                      Thanks for the reply. =)

Comment

Is the one in the first page an updated map or is it still then one uploaded last 2008?

Comment

Originally posted by Wongass View Post
                          Is the one in the first page an updated map or is it still then one uploaded last 2008?
                          hi sir wongass,

to make it clearer. you can download the .img file on the 1st post of this thread and put it inside the folder of your gps.

there is another map the 1.06 version which the contributors are using,
                          you can download the v1.06 DEMO map in your mapsorce ONLY to serve as basis so that if you contribute we can prevent double entry.

when you contribute enough the judge will upgrade you to contributor status and give you the magic key (sounds looney). then you can use the v1.06 FULL version to your gps.

what is enough? enough is some but not one waypoints only.
                          think of of it this way if you contribute more, youll also be helping yourself because youre gonna use it too...

if you have more question post it and im sure some gentleman or ladies here will surely help you
                          good day and God Bless
                          Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                          - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

I'd suggest to put an improved version of the "Standard Map" because it's useless, I'm unable to use it for the past week due to wrong/missing roads. I can't even get the road from our home to our office in Ortigas.

While I'm starting to contribute and would hope to get the contributor's map soon, and I'm all for contribution... I think improving the "Standard Map" will help increase GPS usage in our country. We need to at least give out something useful...

Just my 2 cents...

Comment

Originally posted by sylar View Post
                              I'd suggest to put an improved version of the "Standard Map" because it's useless, I'm unable to use it for the past week due to wrong/missing roads. I can't even get the road from our home to our office in Ortigas.

While I'm starting to contribute and would hope to get the contributor's map soon, and I'm all for contribution... I think improving the "Standard Map" will help increase GPS usage in our country. We need to at least give out something useful...

Just my 2 cents...
                              That's why it's sometimes called the teaser map. Lots of people are already taking advantage of that map, using it as a selling point for selling overpriced GPS. Worse some of them are claiming the map as their own, without even acknowledging where the map came from. We're all for increasing gps usage in our country but each of us should also do our part to make the map better. Sad to say, some are there only to take advantage of the effort of others...

You'll understand these sentiments better imho when you get to use the contributor's map with your contributions in it...

Comment

and to add... actually, we are already giving something to the community. imagine a person has no map then suddenly found this site and poof... FREE map 5.17
                                then to get the other map v1.06 full version, all you have to do is contribute and magic.... free 1.06 full map
                                for what price.... free.
                                price to pay.... time

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                                - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Working...
                                X