Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paul1 View Post
    Good Morning!

I have been reading all the information to get a copy of the Philippine map for my new Garmin Nuvi 260W I bought from the states, but I get an error when I try to extract the gmapsupp.img per the instructions. I have attached a screen shot of the error. I have tried this numerous times on 2 different PC. Can someone help me?

Thanks,
    Paul
    download / save as

NOT

download / run

downloading again will fix it
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

my tracks from balulan beach resort to canetown subd,victorias city and new bacolod-silay airport.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ura727 View Post
        my tracks from balulan beach resort to canetown subd,victorias city and new bacolod-silay airport.
        pls. post this on the right thread.tnx.

Comment

Jan,

Thanks for your prompt reply. the first thread said download, run exe and copy paste img file to your garmin. anyway I did as you advise i.e. download and save as .img file. I copied to /garmin folder in my SD but I still could not get the P.I. map in the GPS unit. I also tried copying in /garmin folder in the GPS unit still no P.I. map.

1. Do I need to do anything in the GPS to tell it to use the P.I. map? I could not see anything in the GPS unit to do this?
          2. There are a bunch of other .img files in the /garmin folder (unit came with N.A. maps), do I need to delete them?
          3. I also tried to load using the map source option, but I do not see the drop down menu on the upper left to load the phil routable 5.08. Could it be my O.S.? I am using vista.

Thank you for your help, it is really appreciated.

Cheers,
          Paul1

Comment

can anyonene help me?

Hi,

I tried again to load on different PC with XP. Same thing, I do not have the dropdown menu on the upper left to load the Philippine Routable 5.08. Also when I click on download the Philippine Routable 5.08 I get jlinc_5.08. Am I missing something? I have read thru the threads for any sort of clue numerous times but still could not figure this out. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
            Paul

Comment

Hi,

I tried again to load on different PC with XP. Same thing, I do not have the dropdown menu on the upper left to load the Philippine Routable 5.08. Also when I click on download the Philippine Routable 5.08 I get jlinc_5.08. Am I missing something? I have read thru the threads for any sort of clue numerous times but still could not figure this out. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
              Paul
              are you downloading the file in this thread or the file in the "Download windows compatible garmin installer of the standard map" thread?

if you download the file from this thread, it will only give you the gmapsupp.img to use straight in the gps. u need to download the file from the other thread and run that.

hth

Comment

Thanks for your prompt reply. I downloaded from the "how to get mapsource" thread. The link provided on the 5th post in page 1 of this thread.

Comment

got it thanks!

I deleted the jlinc_5.08 exe I downloaded earlier and use the one from the thread you mention. Everything worked, I could see the dropdown to select the Philippines Routable and was able to send to my Nuvi.

Thanks a lot,
                  Paul

Comment

Jan,

Thanks for your prompt reply. the first thread said download, run exe and copy paste img file to your garmin. anyway I did as you advise i.e. download and save as .img file. I copied to /garmin folder in my SD but I still could not get the P.I. map in the GPS unit. I also tried copying in /garmin folder in the GPS unit still no P.I. map.

Thank you for your help, it is really appreciated.

Cheers,
                    Paul1
                    Hi!

1. Do I need to do anything in the GPS to tell it to use the P.I. map? I could not see anything in the GPS unit to do this?
                    > You dont need to do anything in gps unit aside from connect it to PC.
                    2. There are a bunch of other .img files in the /garmin folder (unit came with N.A. maps), do I need to delete them?
                    > I did not delete any file. If you do not have enough space, you can delete it and back it up in your PC. If needed again, you can transfer it back as long as you remember the original location.
                    3. I also tried to load using the map source option, but I do not see the drop down menu on the upper left to load the phil routable 5.08. Could it be my O.S.? I am using vista.
                    >I am using mapsource in both XP and Vista and its both working fine.

I attached a snapshot. Your mapsource should have a drop down menu.
                    In your case, it will be a demo version not full.
                    Did you maptool icon to select maps to be loaded in your gps unit?
                    Attached Files
                    FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks for the information. I now have a working gps. I will start reading up on the other threads. hopefully I can contribute to make the map better.

Cheers,
                      Paul

Comment

Thanks for the information. I now have a working gps. I will start reading up on the other threads. hopefully I can contribute to make the map better.

Cheers,
                        Paul
                        Cheers!
                        Just make sure you have the latest v1.05 demo map in your mapsource so you could check if your contribution is not yet included.
                        FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Map Corrupted

Hello Guys,

Can you please point me to the latest philippine map. I tried downloading the gmapsupp.exe but when i tried to execute it, it says that it's corrupted. It has a CRC error.

I am currently in Australia but will be going home this May and i need this Garmin Map.

Need help.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by KenRich View Post
                            Hello Guys,

Can you please point me to the latest philippine map. I tried downloading the gmapsupp.exe but when i tried to execute it, it says that it's corrupted. It has a CRC error.

I am currently in Australia but will be going home this May and i need this Garmin Map.

Need help.

Thanks.
                            download again. save as. not run.

Comment

Would it be possible to just post the .img file rather than a .exe file? Might be easier to install at least for us Mac users. With a .img map file, all I have to do is connect my Garmin via USB and drag the gmapsupp.img file into it.

Comment

Originally posted by ridesolo View Post
                                Jan,

Thanks again for the gps map. I'm going home in a few days, can you tell me again what file or files needed to contribute?

cheers,
                                Ridesolo
                                it is possible to have multiple map?
                                Last edited by Jan; 06-02-2009, 18:06. Reason: cracked software discussion. first and final warning

Comment

Working...
                                X