No announcement yet.

Download windows compatible garmin installer of the standard map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do i need another software before i can open the map?

i already downloaded both the demo version and the windows compatible garmin installer of the standard map but it doesnt open into a program or something.

Comment

Originally posted by enteng View Post
      do i need another software before i can open the map?

i already downloaded both the demo version and the windows compatible garmin installer of the standard map but it doesnt open into a program or something.

mapsource.

click link in my sig
      How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

I appreciate it sir!

need to post more to see the link... or try to find the program instead.

ty.

Comment

Originally posted by enteng View Post
          I appreciate it sir!

need to post more to see the link... or try to find the program instead.

ty.

click the link in my sig in any post outside the down and upload forum.
          the how to section for example...
          (btw all you need is in the how to section)

Comment

Hi jan,

i was able to download the and install the mapsource program as well as the garmin training center... both are running well but the executable file jklinc_508.exe (windows compatible garmin installer of the standard map) and error always occured....

the message was "The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect"

please help on this...

thanks....

Comment

Originally posted by ERIC? View Post
              Hi jan,

i was able to download the and install the mapsource program as well as the garmin training center... both are running well but the executable file jklinc_508.exe (windows compatible garmin installer of the standard map) and error always occured....

the message was "The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect"

please help on this...

thanks....
              download again.
              download and save. do not download and run.

after it downloaded completely, run it again and accept all basic values.
              hth

Comment

I've installed mapsource (it installed by default in drive D. I've also downloaded demo version 1.05, about 13 Mb if I recall correctly. It unzips to drive C:. However, whenever I run install.bat, it simply erases install.bat, leaving me with a bunch of image files and another file or 2, all unreadable by mapsource.

What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by pup2 View Post
                  I've installed mapsource (it installed by default in drive D. I've also downloaded demo version 1.05, about 13 Mb if I recall correctly. It unzips to drive C:. However, whenever I run install.bat, it simply erases install.bat, leaving me with a bunch of image files and another file or 2, all unreadable by mapsource.

What am I doing wrong?

accept all default values and dont touch nothing.
                  mapsource per default installs at c:\garmin...
                  you dont have to run instal.bat as after you run the downloaded file, it should be gone already.
                  redownload the demo map, but save it first before running it
                  then in mapsource, select the demo map in the topleft dropdown box

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                    accept all default values and dont touch nothing.
                    mapsource per default installs at c:\garmin...
                    you dont have to run instal.bat as after you run the downloaded file, it should be gone already.
                    redownload the demo map, but save it first before running it
                    then in mapsource, select the demo map in the topleft dropdown box
                    I downloaded training center and mapsource again per your sig. XP also detects my Nuvi 255w as a mass storage device but when I launched training center and tried to set it up, it had the following error message:

"Some devices were found; however, none have the necessary capabilities.
                    You may also need to set the interface on your GPS to Garmin or Host."

Could this be the root of my problems? How should I resolve this?

Comment

Originally posted by pup2 View Post
                      You may also need to set the interface on your GPS to Garmin or Host."
                      looks pretty clear to me.
                      ever tried reading the manual?

Comment

looks pretty clear to me.
                        ever tried reading the manual?
                        Manual's in chinese. Anyway, I got a copy and there's nothing there nor in the settings about setting it up up as host/GPS but I think I'll try to detect it while outdoors when I have a GPS SIGNAL.

Comment

Thanks

Hi Jan;

thank you for your assistance to the GPS users here in the Philippines. Actually this will be my first time using a GPS device. I purchased my gadgets from Hong Kong and honestly, am not really familiar to use & install the Philippine maps.
                          I appreciate if you could assist me on my installation.
                          Thank you. More Power!

Joey

Comment

Originally posted by drivenet View Post
                            Hi Jan;

thank you for your assistance to the GPS users here in the Philippines. Actually this will be my first time using a GPS device. I purchased my gadgets from Hong Kong and honestly, am not really familiar to use & install the Philippine maps.
                            I appreciate if you could assist me on my installation.
                            Thank you. More Power!

Joey
                            as i have no idea what your gps is: that's not gonna happen.

how to forum has all (most anyways) of your questions

Comment

download Here.

You need mapsource to view the map.

After downloading:
                              - make sure mapsource is closed
                              - run the exe file
                              - click yes on default install settings
                              - start mapsource, select philippines routable in topleft dropdown list

cheers,
                              Jan

EDIT:

Those who find difficulty in downloading the file, chances are the fault is on your side of the server/connection. I test download the file everyday and it's working fine. Please don't ask the admins/mods to send the file via email because we will not send it anyway.

Try downloading the file at a different time of the day as it might work. Thanks! -amf

WOW! I got it downloaded and installed on my c330. I'll try to see if I can get it to work on my nuvi260.

MARAMING SALAMAT!

Comment

unlocking code for garmin units

just an inquiry....when one has been credited of his contribution and had been granted the contributor's map, will he be given unlocking code for each of his units? like i have 2 units which i use separately on my cars. one is garmin xt and nuvi200w. thanks and hope to hear from you.
                                ░░ N70º 14.821 E22º 20.847 ░░

Comment

Working...
                                X