This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unano View Post
    aside from "grande" (granda is the right one)... the street name is also wrong. the previous address is savinopadilla while the right one si sabino padilla.

I think waiying should be near benavidez street to avoid confusion. The entrance of the restaurant is two steps away from benavidez. The previous waypoint is a bit far from waiying's entrance
    Noted, hope HBT agrees with wai ying's moved location ...

Comment

actually i was telling pokz and jan about this, that some waypoints move a little, some a lot.

dont know what happen other waypoints that come with these are okay. except for these 3. anyway i'll upload again. and correct the other one
      Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
      - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
        actually i was telling pokz and jan about this, that some waypoints move a little, some a lot.

dont know what happen other waypoints that come with these are okay. except for these 3. anyway i'll upload again. and correct the other one
        Please check unano's la granda upload, one of you has to delete that waypoint, else it would result in duplication...

Comment

restaurants and banks

restaurants etc along gandara (sabino padilla)

QUESTION, I just found this out a while ago. While in mapsource, the location of the new waypoints in version 5.17 is different (moved) from demo 1.06. For example, Binondo Suites is located at the right side of S. Padilla (correct one) while in 5.17 it moved to the left side of the street. I corrected the waypoints in 1.06 so the file that I uploaded here is dependent on demo 1.06. I'm doing it correctly right?
          Last edited by unano; 07-03-2009, 19:30.

Comment

hi unano,

you should put delete file(those previous waypoints that moved) of the same waypoints that you corrected
            and upload it to the correction thread check this out:http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=642

hth
            Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
            - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

I already did that I put the deleted files at that thread and I uploaded the new waypoints here but I can't seem to delete the old waypoints in mapsource.

Comment

restaurants etc along gandara (sabino padilla)

QUESTION, I just found this out a while ago. While in mapsource, the location of the new waypoints in version 5.17 is different (moved) from demo 1.06. For example, Binondo Suites is located at the right side of S. Padilla (correct one) while in 5.17 it moved to the left side of the street. I corrected the waypoints in 1.06 so the file that I uploaded here is dependent on demo 1.06. I'm doing it correctly right?
                This has been highlighted privately by hbt before. Seems like Jan has made some adjustments to the roads in the latest map, but was not able to adjust the waypoints. Better to just correct all those misplaced waypoints in the corrections thread. Thanks.

Comment

Waypoint Ikons

Hi Borgie;
                  Thanks for your input, Somewhere amongst the many threads I have read I vaguely remember that it was encouraged to use the mapsourse to create way-point symbols. So I made one that looked like a cup of coffee. Your point is well taken that in a collaborative effort like this conformity is very important. Now the real question. Do you want me to re-submit them again? or have you already changed them.

Comment

Originally posted by GPS_FRANK View Post
                    Hi Borgie;
                    Thanks for your input, Somewhere amongst the many threads I have read I vaguely remember that it was encouraged to use the mapsourse to create way-point symbols. So I made one that looked like a cup of coffee. Your point is well taken that in a collaborative effort like this conformity is very important. Now the real question. Do you want me to re-submit them again? or have you already changed them.
                    No need to re-submit them, I'll correct them myself. Be sure to follow na lang Borgie's advice next time. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by pokz View Post
                      This has been highlighted privately by hbt before. Seems like Jan has made some adjustments to the roads in the latest map, but was not able to adjust the waypoints. Better to just correct all those misplaced waypoints in the corrections thread. Thanks.
                      I mean I used my gps to tag my waypoints and it showed correctly in version 5.17 but when I switched to demo 1.06, it moved to the left. The WP that should be at the right side (5.17) of the road moved to the left side when viewing 1.06. Sensing that version 1.06 is more impt., I edited them in 1.06 to show the correct location. I guess I'm doing this correctly because nobody is complaining LOL.

Comment

I mean I used my gps to tag my waypoints and it showed correctly in version 5.17 but when I switched to demo 1.06, it moved to the left. The WP that should be at the right side (5.17) of the road moved to the left side when viewing 1.06. Sensing that version 1.06 is more impt., I edited them in 1.06 to show the correct location. I guess I'm doing this correctly because nobody is complaining LOL.
                        WPs tag by gps device will NOT ALWAYS be at the right location when downloaded into latest map. You have to do some correction in mapsource.
                        No need to compare with 5.17. Just locate your WPs correctly against 1.06.
                        It will not matter if its off by some meters.
                        FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

my 1st attempt at contribution...some waypoints here in cebu with some corrections based on the demo.
                          i will add a lot more waypoints once i know my procedure is correct.
                          please let me know if im doing it right...

Comment

Originally posted by markyap View Post
                            my 1st attempt at contribution...some waypoints here in cebu with some corrections based on the demo.
                            i will add a lot more waypoints once i know my procedure is correct.
                            please let me know if im doing it right...

Hi Markyap,

you should make a file delete of Garwood and submit it in the corrections thread... kindly do a spell check of Mango Square and pls. put the proper symbols to your subdivision waypoints.

other than that... you're doing okay!

Comment

Marikina, San Mateo waypoints

Comment

Originally posted by GPS_FRANK View Post
                                Hi Borgie;
                                Thanks for your input, Somewhere amongst the many threads I have read I vaguely remember that it was encouraged to use the mapsourse to create way-point symbols. So I made one that looked like a cup of coffee. Your point is well taken that in a collaborative effort like this conformity is very important.
                                Yup, we are to use the Mapsource symbols but as you've correctly deduced, since this is a collaborative effort, conformity is very important. That's why it's a good practice to once in a while do a search of POIs in the demo or standard map that are similar or the same as the waypoints we plan to submit just to see what symbols in Mapsource are used generally to represent them (search might bring you different choices since there's no clear cut rule on this & some existing POIs do need to be edited - up to you to select the most appropriate). Common POIs like for example buildings, subdivisions, hardware stores, service oriented stores (LBC, JRS, laundry shops, computer repair shops & etc.), gov't office and others. Thanks for your contributions and for taking the time to clarify this. Other newbies can learn from this discussion...

Comment

Working...
                                X