Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just a clarification... I'm from Mandaluyong and i often pass by Shaw Blvd... AFAIK, there is no Shell along Shaw Blvd. cor. S. Laurel St... that area used to be owned by the Laurel's until Sen. Manny Villar bought it and renamed it Villa Pacencia.
    hi LIV,

i will delete shell waypoints for the meantime and will make a verification later thanks.

Comment

Baguio City Waypoints - Part 2

Hello.
      More Baguio City useful waypoints.
      For your consideration.
      Baguio City POIs_62409.gdb
      Side question: When i used a nuvi gps in the US, upon selecting a POI it will show info of the POI (address & perhaps the tel number) - this is shown together with the "GO" green button. Question is, is it the contents of the 'comment' field thats being displayed?
      How are they able to use the 'enter address' option - is it waypoint information dependent? or map info dependent? I was just wondering.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by lex.alviar View Post
        Side question: When i used a nuvi gps in the US, upon selecting a POI it will show info of the POI (address & perhaps the tel number) - this is shown together with the "GO" green button. Question is, is it the contents of the 'comment' field thats being displayed?
        How are they able to use the 'enter address' option - is it waypoint information dependent? or map info dependent? I was just wondering.

Thanks.
        Yup, those are contained in the comments field. Some contributors are even starting to edit existing POIs by adding in the address and telephone numbers. This info would come in handy for hospitals, restos, hotels and other tourist oriented POIs. For bluetooth enabled Nuvi's and for phones/pda's, you can even call the numbers directly from your GPS unit, sort of like having a mini phone directory in your GPS for the selected POIs. And this is waypoint/POI info dependent, although the map can give the street where the POI is at. To enter the address option, please refer to this http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....18&postcount=1 which incidentally can be found at the very first post of this thread...

If you want to edit existing POIs and add in the address and tel. no. please refer to this thread http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=529. This is good activity btw that can be done if you think you've already mapped, or you can see in the map all the important waypoints/POIs in your area...

HTH

Comment

hi jan and pokz,

more waypoints
          Attached Files
          Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
          - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Abs-Cbn vicinity waypoints
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GPS_FRANK
              I have got the bug Here is more waypoints that are around Cebu City, mainly places to eat.

Hi GPS_FRANK,

kindly do a spell check... i noticed a couple of waypoints that needs to be corrected including putting the proper symbols.

if the Mc Donald's waypoint that you uploaded is the correct one... kindly make a file delete of the other to avoid duplication. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
                Yup, those are contained in the comments field. Some contributors are even starting to edit existing POIs by adding in the address and telephone numbers. This info would come in handy for hospitals, restos, hotels and other tourist oriented POIs. For bluetooth enabled Nuvi's and for phones/pda's, you can even call the numbers directly from your GPS unit, sort of like having a mini phone directory in your GPS for the selected POIs. And this is waypoint/POI info dependent, although the map can give the street where the POI is at. To enter the address option, please refer to this http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....18&postcount=1 which incidentally can be found at the very first post of this thread...

If you want to edit existing POIs and add in the address and tel. no. please refer to this thread http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=529. This is good activity btw that can be done if you think you've already mapped, or you can see in the map all the important waypoints/POIs in your area...

HTH
                Thank you Borgie, appreciate it very much.
                Yup, i have already read both topics. What just got me confused is I understood the "mypoi@streetname#telno" as being the name of the place itself. I assumed it that way since the statement that folllowed was "or alternative put the address between brackets caltex(makati ave)." This made me hesistant in including addresses & numbers in the "comment" field... and it got me into asking the question.
                The second thread i can only do with "contributor status" - right? Dont have access to the map yet.

Thanks again. Good day people.

Comment

Originally posted by lex.alviar View Post
                  The second thread i can only do with "contributor status" - right? Dont have access to the map yet.
                  You do have access to the contributors map, albeit a demo version only. And you can use that demo map to edit POIs as well and upload it as a contribution... will help you earn the contributor's map too...

Comment

A few more WP...
                    Attached Files
                    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Some Luzon WPs

I find your forum somewhat difficult to use - I may be too simple, or unexperienced in this forum-business.
                      Anyway, I hope this small attachment may contribute to finding interesting places.

Comment

Originally posted by JMVL View Post
                        I find your forum somewhat difficult to use - I may be too simple, or unexperienced in this forum-business.
                        Anyway, I hope this small attachment may contribute to finding interesting places.

you forgot your attachment sir.

Comment

Working...
                        X