Correction for Bambang Bridge in Buting, Pasig

Sir Jan,
      Pls correct as per attachment.
      Thanks.
      Attached Files
      FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Verdana Homes, Daang Hari

Find attached road tracks and village boundary for Verdana Homes along Daang Hari. This is traced in GM and converted to gdb. Quite decent is'nt it?
        Wanted to try out this metode and wants comments on this by you guys?

Another reason for doing it was that I had a hard time getting access for tracking the roads here Usually I'm quite good at talking my way in most places, but this guard was f..... persistent, bless him for being good at his job

Happy weekend
        Questions? Check Out The: "HOW TO"

Comment

Originally posted by jonatle View Post
          Find attached road tracks and village boundary for Verdana Homes along Daang Hari. This is traced in GM and converted to gdb. Quite decent is'nt it?
          Very nicely done... . I see that you have steady hands . For those planning to contribute GPS tracks, if you can edit them tracks in Mapsource so the resulting upload would be similar to this in quality, we would have a very good map indeed, nice to look at aside from being accurate and functional...

Cheers

Comment

Hi Borgie,
            I agree. Processing tracks would result in better map.

Hi Jonatle,
            Are you pertaining to Google Map in GM here? Or do you trace using Google Earth?

The reason I ask is that I understood from the previous post that tracing in GE is discourage (because of offset) and GPSr tracks is still the preferred. However, I do agree that at some worst case scenario, it's better to have road trace in GE, than having no road at all. Moreover, offset can be verified by plotting 3 or more points from GPSR and verify in GE to get the offset. Then you can already have a more accurate trace by adjusting the trace with reference to the offset identified.

Just a humble comment as you requested.

Nice trace.
            br,
            Rick

Comment

gates closed.
              SMS Machine • PictureSMS • SMS Commander • BattLogger • TraceCrash • MemoManager • vCardManager

Suntzu Software for Palm Treo

www.suntzu-software.com

Comment

a few corrections

Comment

Another reason for doing it was that I had a hard time getting access for tracking the roads here Usually I'm quite good at talking my way in most places, but this guard was f..... persistent, bless him for being good at his job

Happy weekend
                  sir, very impressive!

Comment

Originally posted by rick View Post
                    Hi Borgie,
                    I agree. Processing tracks would result in better map.

Hi Jonatle,
                    Are you pertaining to Google Map in GM here? Or do you trace using Google Earth?

The reason I ask is that I understood from the previous post that tracing in GE is discourage (because of offset) and GPSr tracks is still the preferred. However, I do agree that at some worst case scenario, it's better to have road trace in GE, than having no road at all. Moreover, offset can be verified by plotting 3 or more points from GPSR and verify in GE to get the offset. Then you can already have a more accurate trace by adjusting the trace with reference to the offset identified.

Just a humble comment as you requested.

Nice trace.
                    Rick, yes it's traced in GE. then converted to gdb and edited and adjusted to reference gps tracks I've posted earlier, ref Daang Hari. In this case however not much adjustment was needed, ie. the entrance point to the village did fit my Daang Hari 1s gps track. There could ofcourse be some offset for the village roads, but their position in relation to each other would be the same. So in this case it wont matter much if all of them are slightly offset as it will be functional in practical use. During normal routing/navigation with "stick to road" you would'nt notice.

Comment

Alabang Hills_Corrections_26 JUN 2009.gdb

Attached a few corrections in Alabang Hills as requested by Reiji0463

Comment

For some strange reason, the map keeps recommending to use this road when I know full well this street is treacherously narrow (eskinita) laden with parked cars that kinda makes it useless for use unless you're a resident there.

I hope this correction will demote this road so that it's not used at all except for dire emergencies.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_D View Post
                          For some strange reason, the map keeps recommending to use this road when I know full well this street is treacherously narrow (eskinita) laden with parked cars that kinda makes it useless for use unless you're a resident there.

I hope this correction will demote this road so that it's not used at all except for dire emergencies.
                          I do not think that kind of WP will serve its purpose.
                          A roadcut is more applicable but it might confuse other users.
                          I think map will not route you thru it if setting is on "faster time", not "shorter distance".
                          Anyway, lets hear the viewpoints of our mods on this.

Comment

Attached a few corrections in Alabang Hills as requested by Reiji0463
                            sir jonatle, that was quick! thanks a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
                              I do not think that kind of WP will serve its purpose.
                              A roadcut is more applicable but it might confuse other users.
                              I think map will not route you thru it if setting is on "faster time", not "shorter distance".
                              Anyway, lets hear the viewpoints of our mods on this.
                              Yeah I wanna hear some input too...

There's also lots of these eskinitas in very dense areas that even if the nuvi says to pass there I probably won't (risky) and there should be a way so that unwary tourists from out of NCR don't either when they are in town.

Comment

Deletion WPs in Metro Manila Part 8

Sir Jan,
                                Pls delete these WPs.
                                Explanation is inside attachment.
                                Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X