X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

processed files guidance v2.49

How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Lipa

When on the oneway Morado road going to Ibaan on the Altamarino Rd, instead of saying turn left, it says continue to the roundabout (next to McDonalds) and take the first turning off.
    But you can turn left before reaching the roundabout, bypassing the roundabout.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jnieurzyla View Post
      When on the oneway Morado road going to Ibaan on the Altamarino Rd, instead of saying turn left, it says continue to the roundabout (next to McDonalds) and take the first turning off.
      But you can turn left before reaching the roundabout, bypassing the roundabout.
      map is correct. please try other gps route setting.
      FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

I was using gps from Cubao on EDSA going to Batangas and wanted the SLEX, when approaching the ramps about a km away the voice was speaking, but we could not understand what was said, it was repeated and again could not understand, then on approach it said bear left, then later bear right, the correct instructions for slex south should be "keep in the middle" as there are 3 exits, there are are 2 ramps on left and middle, on the right is a slip road, very confusing as the road signs do not full information till about 20 metres away, and if in the wrong lane, traffic will rarely give way, clear warning should be started half a km before the ramps. Then when on the middle ramp it should say keep left till your actually on the bend left, then it should say bear right, otherwise its easy to go back the way you came from.

Comment

Guidance correction

Guidance correction in Davao city
          Attached Files
          I stay on the leading edge of obsolescence!!
          "It seems to be a law of nature, inflexible and inexorable, that those who will not take risk cannot win" John Paul Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji View Post
            map is correct. please try other gps route setting.
            I beg to disagree, the instructions should say keep left then turn left, regardless of the gps setting.

Comment

I beg to disagree, the instructions should say keep left then turn left, regardless of the gps setting.
              gps route setting whether faster route or shorter route will affect turn by turn instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                try routing from kamagong to buddha bar....SUCKOLA
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]39938[/ATTACH]
                fixed.
                Attached Files

Comment

Lipa roundabout

When travelling along the Pres Laurel highway in Lipa from SM and going into the town proper down Morada, the voice says take the first exit at the roundabout, when it should say take second, the first takes you straight on.

John
                  Attached Files

Comment

When travelling along the Pres Laurel highway in Lipa from SM and going into the town proper down Morada, the voice says take the first exit at the roundabout, when it should say take second, the first takes you straight on.

John
                    i tweaked it a bit...lets see on next update if successful.

Comment

Regardless of what setting I have on bascamp, when ever I create a route to Naia, it insists on using the Sucat turn off and not via the skyway past Naia 3. I tried bother faster and shorted routes, I know I can force it in my route on basecamp with adding wp's, when I load into my gps, it goes back to the original via Sucat?? Very frustrating. Any Ideas?

John

Comment

Kuya,

A bit confused with your question, please clarify, your route problem is happening when you are using your Garmin PND on an actual trip or you can replicate it on Basecamp?

I assume you are coming from the south? Alabang, etc.

If you are simulating using basecamp the possible problem is this:

You might not be starting from "SKYWAY", please make sure you zoom all the way in, and click on the skyway and not SLEX.

If you are driving from Slex (under the skyway) there is no way for you to get to the skyway bridge to NAIA terminal 3. So if you are on SLEX not skyway, your route will only be either through Sucat, or Bicutan or you will be asked to exit all the way to magallanes and make a U turn.

Hope this helps.

TTFN
                        Arvin

Comment

I'm sorry about confusing you.

I first create a route on basecamp, saying the shortest route from the south to Naia 1, the route created is via Sucat.

So I recreated this changing the settings to the fastest route, but again it routes me via Sucat, when really, I would have thought it would send me on the skyway going via Naia 3.

So the problem is the fact the software says Sucat is the fastest regardless, it obviously has not driven in all the traffic there hahaha.

Thank you.

Comment

Kuya, you might want to try to simulate using your GPS unit itself to reconfirm. I imagine that you might be able to get routed to the skyway Naia3 if you start your route after the upramp of skyway.

I agree going through sucat is the worse choice if you are going to the Airport from the south.

TTFN
                            Arvin

Comment

Working...
                            X