confused on version of roadguide ph map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

confused on version of roadguide ph map

can somebody clear out to me how many version of roadguide ph map we have? i know there is the routable 5.17 and demo version 1.03 but somewhere on the thread says "upload 1.04 or 1.05 files" which i didn't know existed. there's no thread where to upload tracks and waypoints derived from 1.03. i don't want to mess around with the threads. ...and one more thing to ask, which one is the latest that is recommended to use, the 5.17 or the 1.03 demo?
    ░░ N70º 14.821 E22º 20.847 ░░

Trying to help

Hello Kopyo321,

I will try and help as far as I can,
    First of all you posted on the wrong thread, you should have posted this in the "newbies" corner as this thread is for uploading or contributing POI's and tracks.

Secondly, you need to first install the standard version of the map which is the ver.5.17 and then you have to be a contributor ( upload POI's or tracks that is not on the 1.03 demo map)first before they give you access+unlock code to the contributors map which is the version 1.03 and you can upgrade to the version 1.03b.

Hope that clears some questions you have asked on your post. Let's wait maybe someone here has a better and more clear explanation, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by kopyo321 View Post
      can somebody clear out to me how many version of roadguide ph map we have? i know there is the routable 5.17 and demo version 1.03 but somewhere on the thread says "upload 1.04 or 1.05 files" which i didn't know existed. there's no thread where to upload tracks and waypoints derived from 1.03. i don't want to mess around with the threads. ...and one more thing to ask, which one is the latest that is recommended to use, the 5.17 or the 1.03 demo?
      Hi. johnny2467 answered you correctly. But to expound on his answers:

1. The Philippines Routable v5.17 was last year's map. The latest/current release is Roadguide.ph v1.03. Notice that the name of the map was changed from Philippines Routable to Roadguide.ph, hence the non-continuity of the version numbers (many are confused about this and think that the higher number version is the latest, sometimes being very vocal about it, but if only they checked the map name... ).

2. Since you are a junior member and have not yet attained contributor status, you are advised to download the demo v1.03 map so that before you contribute, you can check if the data you are submitting is not yet on the map, or if it is, it is of higher resolution/accuracy or is a correction. And no, you cannot use the demo map in your device. Pls. read the faq and "How to" threads for more info.

3. Since the current version of the map is v1.03, the next map to be released will be v1.04. The threads concerning contributions to v1.04 are already closed, meaning, the data contributed for that version is already being processed and might be released anytime.

4. Since v1.04 is now being processed, the next update would be v1.05, hence the threads to submit contributions that would appear in the next next release. We will know if our contributions for v1.05 will be processed when threads for this will be closed and contributions for the next version will be started.

5. Of course the best map is the updated map v1.03. But this map is available only to contributors.

So, if you want the latest map, start sending in your share so that you can also say... this is our map...

Comment

Working...
      X