X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sta Rosa - Tagaytay road to Mamplasan

hi im from sta rosa too
    i did tracks from mamplasan to sta rosa town proper to cabuyao
    did you get any replies from the members or admins here re your tracks?

Hi travelbug:

No, I haven't received a reply yet. I read somewhere Jan goes off to sea at long periods. Perhaps, thats the reason it takes time.

From which part of Sta Rosa are you from? I am from Laguna Belair.

Rico

Comment

sta rosa

im from sta rosa town proper. the opposite side of the tracks so to speak. do you know how to convert tracks to routable roads in mapsource?

Comment

tracks

Sorry I dont. I havent had time to look it up.

Comment

Originally posted by travelbug View Post
          im from sta rosa town proper. the opposite side of the tracks so to speak. do you know how to convert tracks to routable roads in mapsource?

Travelbug,

Make sure that the track you want to convert as a route is displayed on the map. Then proceed to the route folder and tick on the start of track and tick off on the end.

The route should show up instantly, then up load to your unit

Hope it helps!

Cheers!

Comment

ritzandrico:

Hi! Please, please don't make a new thread for your track contribution. Please upload them in the proper thread. ---> http://www.roadguide.ph/forums/showt...p?t=197&page=4 I moved it for you.

Your contribution is usable. But when contributing tracks, please make sure it is accessible. San Gabriel and Mayflower streets does not connect to any road so it not accessible and pretty useless.

If you're using an iphone, use the app EvryTrail instead of motionX. It's much more accurate. And if you do not have a GPS external antenna, remember the iphone's GPS is not very accurate. What accuracy do you get with your iphone? (With mine, it's 9m with external antenna. 17-47m without it.)

Thanks!

travelbug:

Hi! If you make a contribution, please do not expect a reply from us. Your contributions will only be checked if you request an unlock code and when it is being incorporated in a new map version. FYI. Thanks!
            Last edited by amf; 02-20-2009, 17:32.

Comment

Originally posted by amf View Post
              ritzandrico:

Hi! Please, please don't make a new thread for your track contribution. Please upload them in the proper thread. ---> http://www.roadguide.ph/forums/showt...p?t=197&page=4 I moved it for you.

Your contribution is usable. But when contributing tracks, please make sure it is accessible. San Gabriel and Mayflower streets does not connect to any road so it not accessible and pretty useless.

If you're using an iphone, use the app EvryTrail instead of motionX. It's much more accurate. And if you do not have a GPS external antenna, remember the iphone's GPS is not very accurate. What accuracy do you get with your iphone? (With mine, it's 9m with external antenna. 17-47m without it.)

Thanks!

travelbug:

Hi! If you make a contribution, please do not expect a reply from us. Your contributions will only be checked if you request an unlock code and when it is being incorporated in a new map version. FYI. Thanks!
              actually i pm'ed the judge but didnt get any response.
              it would be nice to know if my tracks are usable or not so i can just do tracks in other places and not waste time on places where their not needed

cheers

Comment

it would be nice to know if my tracks are usable or not so i can just do tracks in other places and not waste time on places where their not needed

cheers
                That's what the demo map v1.03 is for... to check if the tracks you plan on doing are usable (meaning it's not yet on the demo map) and you'll not be wasting your time getting tracks that are redundant... and not waste gas, aside from your time, and the time of the mapmaker...

Comment

the tracks i got are not in the demo map but no reply from tje admins so far...

Comment

Originally posted by amf View Post
                    travelbug:

travelbug:

Here is your reply...

Comment

Originally posted by 7th star View Post
                      Travelbug,

Make sure that the track you want to convert as a route is displayed on the map. Then proceed to the route folder and tick on the start of track and tick off on the end.

The route should show up instantly, then up load to your unit

Hope it helps!

Cheers!
                      hi 7th star thanks for your tips
                      but it will show the tracks as routes right and not as streets. i wanted to convert my tracks to usable streets but im still struggling with mapsource. i searched the forum and didnt seem to find answers. would you have any idea how i could do this?

cheers

Comment

hi 7th star thanks for your tips
                        but it will show the tracks as routes right and not as streets. i wanted to convert my tracks to usable streets but im still struggling with mapsource. i searched the forum and didnt seem to find answers. would you have any idea how i could do this?

cheers
                        Your tracks will remain as tracks until such time it (your track) is incorporated in the map.

Comment

Working...
                        X