X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

processed files guidance v1.17

How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

processed files guidance v1.17

1. Southbound from Edsa to Ayala, it says "Keep Right" instead of "Turn Right"
    2. Westbound from Arnaiz to Makati Ave, it says "Keep Right" instead of "Turn Right"
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by garmine View Post
      1. Southbound from Edsa to Ayala, it says "Keep Right" instead of "Turn Right"
      2. Westbound from Arnaiz to Makati Ave, it says "Keep Right" instead of "Turn Right"
      this will all depend on the tracks.
      if there is a 90 degree bend, then it will say "turn right".
      FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

just wondering if "bear left" actually should be "veer left"?

Comment

Kinyo, we are slight OT here but it is curious that I found exactly the same dicussion here:

http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=1560441

I also have a feeling that these has something to do with sailing in olden times. When one says Bearing away, it is to move to a direction down wind in a controlled manner. As Turn and Bear was also discussed in another topic, it was posted in our GPS Jargon page:

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1006&page=2

But at the end of the day as long as we know that bear/veer means a slight turn to one side of the same road, then we should still be okay. At least we all should know that Turn means almost a 90 degree change of direciton.

HTH

TTFN
          Arvin
          Last edited by arvin555; 09-09-2010, 18:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
            this will all depend on the tracks.
            if there is a 90 degree bend, then it will say "turn right".
            Ok sir, thanks for the info

Comment

FVR Rd Flyover to Marcos Highway

Coming from Libis going to Marcos Highway via the Flyover, it says "Turn Left" onto flyover (there's no path to left-turn) instead of "Keep Left"
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by garmine View Post
                Coming from Libis going to Marcos Highway via the Flyover, it says "Turn Left" onto flyover (there's no path to left-turn) instead of "Keep Left"
                nice.
                flyover ramp node should be adjusted.

Comment

Only tried this once as of now, but from Slex northbound going to Edsa (towards MOA) the guidance said keep right and turn left. When it should say keep left or bear left then turn left. This is so that you keep driving straight, going under the cloverleaf and then Turning left to Edsa.

Unfortunately I don't know if we can confirm this through Mapsource.

By the way, do we have to do anything about when the voice guidance mispronounce a street.. for example Dr. A Santos Avenue is pronounced by the unit as Drive A Santos Avenue.

TTFN
                  Arvin
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
                    Only tried this once as of now, but from Slex northbound going to Edsa (towards MOA) the guidance said keep right and turn left. When it should say keep left or bear left then turn left. This is so that you keep driving straight, going under the cloverleaf and then Turning left to Edsa.

By the way, do we have to do anything about when the voice guidance mispronounce a street.. for example Dr. A Santos Avenue is pronounced by the unit as Drive A Santos Avenue.

TTFN
                    Arvin
                    Also here.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Comment

TTFN
                      Arvin
                      hi arvin,
                      it might have something to do with allowed abbreviations:
                      http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=992

Comment

you can.
                        use route tool then simulate your route, pick start point somewhere in slex before turning edsa then end point in edsa.
                        check properties of route made by double clicking it, look for description tab where the guidance is listed.

Comment

Thanks for your reply Reiji!

Kuya Jan, not sure what you mean about also here, we can change how the name of the street is spoken in this thread?

I checked and here is what I got.

1. For the routing, (thanks Reiji) I checked and yes the guidance actually says Keep left on Slex then suddenly just before the ramp it would say Keep Right on Slex. Which will take you to the ramp, which is wrong.

It should say Keep left on Slex and turn Left to Edsa.. that is basically it.

2. For the Name, please find attached file, it's Dr. A Santos Ave in Sucat. Instead of saying Doctor A Santos Ave, the voice says Drive A Santos Ave.

Reiji, the current road is named Dr. a. Santos Ave. (take note of the periods/dots). according to the link, it is correctly named for a Doctor.... however guidance still says Drive, insead of Doctor.

TTFN
                          Arvin
                          Attached Files

Comment

2 flyovers that needs guidance. no keep left on flyover or keep right gps announcement at all.
                            Attached Files

Comment

processed files guidance

Comment

Working...
                              X