Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the guidance. Pls can you elaborate though on yr response# 3 below. The reason I used the "symbol and comment" display is because the system won't allow duplication of an existing name (i.e. Restroom). That is the reason I added a number after each one. Pls advise if there is a way around that. Thks.
    Originally posted by doki View Post
    hi lonestar,
    pls allow me again to guide you on your contributions.
    here are some points:

1. new waypoints and correct waypoints (to replace the incorrect waypoints) should be submitted at Waypoints thread. those waypoints who are for icon replacement, renaming, distance correction, or deletion is submitted here (as you've already done).

2. the church icons are already properly categorized. they show only as small blue square in mapsource, but pls do try to browse it on your gps device as you will see that it is already a church icon. here's a way to check it on mapsource, right-click the icon and select "feature properties". churches are categorized as "place of worship". this is the same for other icons also. this is also typ-dependent. if you want to see the church icon on the mapsource, then use kuya rally ralleon's typ file HERE. kuya rally's typ is very useful for units with small screens (i use it for my omnia and i use kuya hbt's typ or kuya suntzu's typ for my nuvi). maybe kuya suntzu or kuya hbt can also include the church icon on their next typ file version.

3. nicely done on putting a correct word on comment field. but upload the correct waypoints at Waypoints thread.
    note: although on the waypoint properties, pls do select the display to reflect "symbol and name" and not "symbol and comment".

4. nicely done on distances.

5. on your parking waypoint, pls do indicate at comment field if the waypoint is marked at parking entrance.

6. you can also remove the "dots" after the "@" sign. Read Section D.4 on waypoint standards.

7. lastly, pls separate the tracks from the waypoints and upload your tracks at tracks thread. the tracks included in the waypoint file will only serve as reference for waypoints marked at areas where there is no road yet on the map.

thanks sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
      Thanks for the guidance. Pls can you elaborate though on yr response# 3 below. The reason I used the "symbol and comment" display is because the system won't allow duplication of an existing name (i.e. Restroom). That is the reason I added a number after each one. Pls advise if there is a way around that. Thks.
      That won't be a problem if adress is attached to the name.
      But if no address available or is not known, then what you can do is either of the two: (you can improvise if you have another method)
      one method, put on name field "Restroom#1", "Restroom#2", etc. After that, put in comment field, "pls do not include #1 on the name".

another method (which i usually do) is adding dots after the name
      Restroom
      Restroom.
      Restroom..
      Restroom...

or also put additional space in between phrases
      "Red (one space) Ribbon"
      "Red (two spaces) Ribbon"
      "Red (3 spaces) Ribbon"
      Note: i made the spaces translated into words because the messaging system automatically converts my 3 spaces into 1 space only

When submitting waypoints especially uncommon ones or those modified on the name to be accommodated in the name field is to put description/explanation on comment field.
      HTH
      Last edited by doki; 04-26-2010, 20:15.

Comment

Waypoint correction > Baguio

Thanks again Doki for yr patience. I think I am now getting the hang of this WP update. I will submit the new waypoints addition to the corresponding thread. Meantime here are more WP corrections for Baguio City.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
          Thanks again Doki for yr patience. I think I am now getting the hang of this WP update. I will submit the new waypoints addition to the corresponding thread. Meantime here are more WP corrections for Baguio City.

Comment

DELETE WPs NLEX Part 2

kuya pokz,
            pls delete.
            thank.
            Attached Files
            FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Working...
            X