X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amf View Post
    Hi funky_monkey!

Good first contibution.

Maybe other Garmin MXT users can assist you.

Thanks!
    Thanks! Did I do the waypoints correctly?

Now, I have to find a way to make it automatic. This file was done manually in Mapsource. I had to read from the phone and Input coordinates on the program, cause when i pressed 'Receive from Device,' no waypoints were present.

Comment

make sure you check the waypoints button when downloading from xt.

when using mapsource and clicking "send from device" a new window will open up and you have options whether to receive maps, routes, waypoints, and tracks.

hth

Comment

Originally posted by funky_monkey View Post
        Thanks! Did I do the waypoints correctly?

Now, I have to find a way to make it automatic. This file was done manually in Mapsource. I had to read from the phone and Input coordinates on the program, cause when i pressed 'Receive from Device,' no waypoints were present.
        depending on mobilext version: tools > manage my data > manage > export gpx first .
        then that gpx file can be opened in mapsource.
        How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Waypoints for Leyte, Samar, Bulacan, Cebu and Bohol

Accumulated waypoints from several provinces not present in version 1.03... Hope they can be included in version 1.04
          Attached Files

Comment

Laoag and Baguio Waypoints

Useful Laoag and Baguio Waypoints
            Attached Files
            Last edited by LGMan; 01-08-2009, 21:54.
            [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]GPS - Greatest invention since sliced bread![/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

New Waypoints 10.01.09.gdb

Some new waypoints arround Metro Manila!
              (Any wrong or obsolete here, will be posted separatly in the correction thread!)
              Attached Files
              Questions? Check Out The: "HOW TO"

Comment

some new waypoints i've visited today at the laguna area
                Attached Files

Comment

Batac City and Northwest provinces location

Batac waypoints - Not sure if this format is usable. Let me know if it is for future contribution.

Northwest provinces locations - Not in current map.
                  Attached Files
                  [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]GPS - Greatest invention since sliced bread![/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                    depending on mobilext version: tools > manage my data > manage > export gpx first .
                    then that gpx file can be opened in mapsource.
                    Another way: connect your phone/pda to your PC, then select "use as mass storage device" option. Using PC file explorer, look for the Garmin folder in your MC, click to open the GPX sub-folder, then copy/paste the current.gpx file to your PC. You can then open this file in Mapsource and extract the waypoints, tracks and even saved routes that you have created in your device. Best thing to do is to save a mother file containing all the waypoints, tracks and routes (as back-up) and incorporating a date in the filename. Then break down the mother file into two files containing waypoints only, and tracks only. These files are the ones that you can upload and contribute, after cross-checking (if it's already on the map v1.03), labeling, adjustments, correct symbols & etc.

Alternatively, in Mapsource, you can add waypoints, tracks and routes to this file and if you overwrite the existing current.gpx file in your MC with this updated .gpx file, you can use your newly added waypoints, tracks and routes in your device. This, imo, is the easiest way to pre-mark your fave locations in Mapsource (that will appear in "my locations" in XT) and/or make routes that you can upload and save to your device.

Hope this helps....

Comment

Batangas Waypoints 12.01.09.gdb

New waypoints several places i Batangas province. for Anilao resorts, see also Anilao-Tagatay-Zapote gps track.gdb posted earlier today.

01.14.09: Erased one double entry in first post, removed "Aquila Beach Resort" from the attached file!
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by jonatle; 01-14-2009, 08:00.
                      Questions? Check Out The: "HOW TO"

Comment

Serendra Promenade

Waypoints (mostly restaurants) at Serendra Promenade. I split the Serendra condominium into 2 condominiums. Originally, it was just called "Serendra" but Ayala company decided to divide it into two separate condos, namely, One Serendra and Two Serendra. The middle area, they called it Serendra Promenade.

Next upload will be waypoints along Bonifacio High Street...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Malolos, Bulacan

Some waypoints near the Provincial Capitol in Malolos, Bulacan
                          Attached Files

Comment

Plaridel, Bulacan

Some waypoints around municipal hall in Plaridel, Bulacan ...
                            Attached Files

Comment

SOS Emergency phone NLEX

32 emergency phones along NLEX between Edsa and Bulacan ...
                              Attached Files

Comment

New waypoints

Metro Manila waypoints; mostly at Bonifacio Global City.

I'm not sure how to put the proper categories as MapSource just allows Category 1, 2, etc.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X