This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doki View Post
    thanks but i think you still need to edit distances except for those in the polygon.
    Haha! Wow, do I really suck at this or what?! Wait, don't answer that! Seriously, thanks for your patience though, sir doki! Here it is again and I added a couple more WPs.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by vr4_211 View Post
      Haha! Wow, do I really suck at this or what?! Wait, don't answer that! Seriously, thanks for your patience though, sir doki! Here it is again and I added a couple more WPs.

Comment

my first waypoint upload... various locations...

thanks!
        Attached Files

Comment

Some Taguig New Waypoints

Some Taguig New Waypoints
          Attached Files

Comment

angeles wpts

angeles wpts
            Attached Files

Comment

Taguig, Pateros, Pasig Waypoints

Attached Files

Comment

San Fernando City waypoints

Here are some waypoints from San Fernando City, La Union.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by bushido; 03-14-2010, 07:35. Reason: Replaced attachment.

Comment

Various Luzon Waypoint

Sir,

More Waypoint
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by azriel View Post
                    hi sir azriel

1. most of your waypoints are already on the v1.11 map. pls re-check and remove waypoints that are already there to avoid duplicate poi's on the map on next version. but if your waypoint is better than the existing one, pls submit also a delete file for the existing waypoint as a separate file and upload it at waypoints thread. consolidate all delete waypoints on 1 file. here's how to delete/rename/replace icon http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=529

2. pls edit your distances also. mark it at 8-10m (25-30ft) perpendicular from the center of the road. but if your waypoint is on a road not yet reflected on the present map, pls include the raw track recorded (if there is any), if no tracks recorded, just indicate "no recorded tracks" on the comment field so that the compiler will not adjust the distance. here's a part of the how to's

P. Waypoints along tracks not yet existing in the map

To avoid confusion whether a waypoint that was uploaded is located along a non-existing track in the current map version, please include the raw track along with the waypoints combined in one file only. The tracks will be used as reference only and will ensure that indeed the waypoints positioning are up to standard. If no track was recorded (waypoints only), then please indicate in the comment field by putting "no tracks" or "tracks missing".

3. pls use also the correct icon as you have used a convinience store icon for a gasoline station.

B. Why assigning proper symbols is important

It will help if proper symbols are assigned. This is true for cases where the waypoint category is an obvious one....banks, fuel stations, restaurants...But in the absence of a clear symbol in Mapsource, we really don't have a choice but to put one that we think is most appropriate.

4. also, pls mark your subdivision waypoint at the entrance of the subdivision for easier search.

I. Should waypoints necessarily be located at the center of the POI?

No. We would rather prefer that the waypoints be at the side of the street. The same reason that waypoints of subdivisions were moved to the gates/entrances...imagine if it is located in the middle of the subdivision...gps will route you first to the middle of the subdivision before it says that you have arrived at your destination. Better if it says "arriving at destination" and you're at the gate asking the guard for someone's house. Unless of course it is searchable by street name, but that's another matter.

Pls edit sir and repost. Also, pls delete the previous post to prevent duplicate entries. thanks sir.

Comment

3 waypoints for Pampanga

Just 4, the major being DFA Pampanga.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Lakan; 03-14-2010, 15:46. Reason: wrong title :(

Comment

Waypoints

It's been a while..

Bulacan waypoints
                        Attached Files

Comment

Add:WPs_021510

Hi,

Please add.

Thanks!
                          Attached Files

Comment

N Domingo

New waypoints
                            Attached Files

Comment

Waypoints for Matuod-Batangas,Greater Fairview and Marilao-Bulacan.
                              Attached Files
                              "He is no fool who gives up what he can't keep to gain what he can't lose"

Comment

Good day,

This is my 1st NEW waypoint contribution.

I am in the process of learning the correct approach so I can contribute more the coming days.

Thanks.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X