Business Club in Binondo
    Attached Files

Comment

La Trinidad, Benguet

La Trinidad, Benguet

new waypoints (near provincial roads)

EDITED: placed POIs nearer to roads
      Attached Files
      Last edited by elijahpaul87; 02-04-2010, 11:13.

Comment

Originally posted by elijahpaul87 View Post
        La Trinidad, Benguet

new waypoints (near provincial roads)

hi sir elijahpaul,

your waypoint is very nice but can you please check the WAYPOINT STANDARD on how to mark your waypoint.
        it would be a waste if these will not be included in the map... your waypoints are very helpful pa naman

thanks and God Bless
        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
        - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Correct WPs in Dagupan City

Attached is the corresponding WPs deleted from Waypoint corrections thread.
          Attached Files

Comment

Baguio City

100 Baguio City waypoints and some La Trinidad ones

banks, inns, schools, etc.

EDIT: removed waypoints to be deleted
            Attached Files
            Last edited by elijahpaul87; 02-04-2010, 10:35.

Comment

100 Baguio City waypoints and some La Trinidad ones

banks, inns, schools, etc.

hi sir,

please separate those waypoints to be deleted and upload it in the waypoint correction thread.

thanks
              Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
              - Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                hi sir,

please separate those waypoints to be deleted and upload it in the waypoint correction thread.

thanks

done. thanks for the heads up sir.

Comment

done. thanks for the heads up sir.

and also... please edit your post #107.
                  some of your waypoints are very far from the street

P. Waypoints along tracks not yet existing in the map

To avoid confusion whether a waypoint that was uploaded is located along a non-existing track in the current map version, please include the raw track along with the waypoints combined in one file only. The tracks will be used as reference only and will ensure that indeed the waypoints positioning are up to standard. If no track was recorded (waypoints only), then please indicate in the comment field by putting "no tracks" or "tracks missing".

Please note though that you still have to upload the raw tracks separately (without the waypoints) in the tracks thread for them to be included in the next map version.
                  - Bruce Lee

Comment

files re-uploaded. thank you again!

Comment

Naga Area Way pts

Tried to combine these into 1 file but could not figure how. So 2 days, 2 files.

Hope these are correct in all details.

Rojen
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Reiji; 02-04-2010, 18:56. Reason: delete attachment for security reason. personal waypt included.

Comment

Originally posted by rojen View Post
                        Tried to combine these into 1 file but could not figure how. So 2 days, 2 files.

Hope these are correct in all details.

Rojen
                        hello sir rojen. if you would allow me to help you, here are some points.
                        1. you may combine both files by just simple "copy and paste" procedure. open both files, select all the waypoints from one file, copy it and then paste it on the other file.
                        2. pls separate tracks from waypoints, just retain tracks that are needed as reference for the waypoint with no existing road on the map. but pls don't forget to upload the those tracks on tracks thread.
                        3. you may have overlooked but pls re-check your file and remove personal waypoints such as nanay's house, for your privacy's sake.
                        4. pls re-check also distances such as san isidro brgy hall.
                        5. you may drop the phrase "fuel station" in naming gas stations as the icon already speaks for itself.

taken from "how to" section
                        K. Naming Conventions
                        c. Fuel stations – drop the word “gas station”. Just use Shell, Caltex, Petron, Flying V…etc.

For waypoints whose streets are not known, especially along highways in provinces, Barangay names are also valid addresses, ex. Jollibee@Brgy San Nicolas. Better yet if street is also included, ex. Jollibee@National Hwy, Brgy San Nicolas
                        or Petron@Provincial Hwy, Naga City

6. just would like to verify if the existing servitek poi and the suzuki motor dealer same establishment or different one?

Thank you sir.

Comment

combining files

Sir doki,

I went to try the combining. This is what the interior looks like...

WCararayan Elementary School ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿ|± P/£W U ¥JjK o WCararayan National High School ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿN± Žà¢W U 2JjK m

Not exactly ascii. Are you sure I can cut and paste these together?

Out of curiosity I opened up a gpx file. It was a simple ascii xml file. Maybe this is what you were referring to. Save it as 2 gpx, combine, then reopen and save it as 1 gdb for upload.

I will check on the suzuki / servitek ref. I used to live near there and that place changed a few times. It was Nissan for a while. I'll check. I pulled it from the submissions in the mean time.

The tracks are for ref only with waypts along side. They are also submitted in a track upload too, since there are waypts along those tracks.

On naming with addresses - I looked at the nearby ones and they did not have it. I was not sure if the address went in the name itself or the comment. Since the Faq said 'if' I just left it without. I am willing tho. Do I put the Petron@yadayada as part of the total name, or in the comment?

Here is the faq I ref'd for that:
                          http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=761
                          Consolidated waypoints standard
                          A. How to name your waypoints
                          If you want to include the address of the poi, do it as follows: mypoi@streetname example: Jollibee@Makati Ave housenumber if any you put behind the streetname. Jollibee@Jupiter cor Makati Ave (example only)

(the problem with idiot proof guides is they keep building better idiots...lol. Not slamming anyone but myself... I used to write a lot of user's guides in a past life - now I are one.)

I will await your answer before redoing and resubmitting. In the meantime I ck'd the distances and got rid of Nanay's house. - Thanks, Rojen
                          Last edited by doki; 07-21-2010, 20:34.

Comment

I will await your answer before redoing and resubmitting. In the meantime I ck'd the distances and got rid of Nanay's house. - Thanks, Rojen
                            hi rojen.
                            i deleted your attachment for security reasons.
                            pls re-upload without personal waypoints.
                            FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Sir doki,

I went to try the combining. This is what the interior looks like...

WCararayan Elementary School ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿ|± P/£W U ¥JjK o WCararayan National High School ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿN± Žà¢W U 2JjK m

Not exactly ascii. Are you sure I can cut and paste these together?

hello sir rojen,

i am presuming that you want to combine all waypoints in 1 file. and all tracks in 1 file. i suggested the "copy and paste" approach. to make things much clearer, just look at the jpeg files attached.
                              thanks.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by doki; 07-21-2010, 20:36.

Comment

Working...
                              X