X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hbt View Post
    hi sir empty,

some of your waypoint are beyond the waypoint standars of 25-30 feet or 8-10 meters away from the center of the street, and also please include the address of the waypoints if possible. while it is mandatory for police and hospital to include their address and telephone number. (easier searching in case of emergency)

thanks and good day to you sir
    Just to clarify, it is not mandatory to include any address (except for waypoints inside a building) and/or telephone number, even those of police stations and hospitals. They are encouraged, yes, but they are not mandatory.

Comment

track (also uploaded in tracks thread) placed for reference only
      Attached Files
      no waypoint left unturned

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
        hi sir empty,

some of your waypoint are beyond the waypoint standars of 25-30 feet or 8-10 meters away from the center of the street, and also please include the address of the waypoints if possible. while it is mandatory for police and hospital to include their address and telephone number. (easier searching in case of emergency)

thanks and good day to you sir
        @hbt
        sir, some of the waypoints are beyond the waypoint standard, but it was in their proper position (standard) when I finish retracking and uploading some roads heading to that location. I did that so I will not correct it later on. But I will double check it again if I miss something. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by pokz View Post
          Just to clarify, it is not mandatory to include any address (except for waypoints inside a building) and/or telephone number, even those of police stations and hospitals. They are encouraged, yes, but they are not mandatory.
          Noted sir. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by empty_2009 View Post
            @hbt
            sir, some of the waypoints are beyond the waypoint standard, but it was in their proper position (standard) when I finish retracking and uploading some roads heading to that location. I did that so I will not correct it later on. But I will double check it again if I miss something. Thanks
            Just for clarification, most times the proper (or accurate) location of waypoint might not be the ideal location in the Roadguide map. A POI's actual entrance might be 20 mtrs or farther from the road centerline or it could be nearer than 8 meters. Note than when you navigate to a POI, the connecting line to your destination will always be perpendicular to the nearest road where the POI is at. So your mark should be within that perpendicular line and you will be routed just fine in front of that POI. For aesthetics and for a neater looking map that does not look cluttered and for consistency, a waypoint standard was formulated. So important thing to remember is that your waypoint, positioned perpendicular to the road, should align with the POI's entrance or access point and the distance from the road centerline should follow the standard. In summary, when mapping, you don't have to near the POI to mark it. As long as you are perpendicular to the POI from the road, you can mark that POI then in mapsource, position the POI properly to follow the standards... HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
              Just for clarification, most times the proper (or accurate) location of waypoint might not be the ideal location in the Roadguide map. A POI's actual entrance might be 20 mtrs or farther from the road centerline or it could be nearer than 8 meters. Note than when you navigate to a POI, the connecting line to your destination will always be perpendicular to the nearest road where the POI is at. So your mark should be within that perpendicular line and you will be routed just fine in front of that POI. For aesthetics and for a neater looking map that does not look cluttered and for consistency, a waypoint standard was formulated. So important thing to remember is that your waypoint, positioned perpendicular to the road, should align with the POI's entrance or access point and the distance from the road centerline should follow the standard. In summary, when mapping, you don't have to near the POI to mark it. As long as you are perpendicular to the POI from the road, you can mark that POI then in mapsource, position the POI properly to follow the standards... HTH
              Copy sir, Edited already. Thanks

Comment

POIs in Baguio

Few more. Hope every little helps
                Attached Files

Comment

Las Pinas waypoints:
                  - Almanza Dos Barangay Hall
                  - Almanza Elementary School TS Cruz Annex
                  - McDonald's J Aguilar Ave (CAA)
                  - Neighborhood Coffee Lounge (Southland Classic)
                  Attached Files

Comment

New and Corrected Waypoints

Pls add if applicable. Thanks.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                      Pls add if applicable. Thanks.
                      hello sir archie. your waypoints are better than the ones already existing. i would also suggest that pls dont forget to upload a deletion file to be uploaded on the waypoints corrections thread. this will prevent existence of duplicate entries.

(taken from how to's)
                      http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....39&postcount=2

"C. Corrected waypoints

To avoid confusion on my part, when uploading a waypoint that is a correction of an existing one, please include in the comment field the word "correct". It will automatically inform me that...

a. This is the correct waypoint after comparing with the demo map
                      b. A delete file for the wrong waypoint is uploaded in the waypoints correction thread
                      c. That I will delete the adjacent similar/duplicate waypoint in the absence of a delete file

This information will greatly help to speed up processing as it takes time to double check if there is a correction file that was uploaded. It will also remove guesswork in choosing what waypoint to retain if there is already an existing similar waypoint on the map. Thanks.
                      "

also, pls re-check some of your waypoints as there are still some not in the 8-10m(25-30ft) standard distance. thanks sir

Last edited by doki; 01-05-2010, 14:29.

Comment

BF Homes Almanza main gate guardhouse.

This is related to my post in the waypoints corrections thread http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....0&postcount=68
                        Attached Files

Comment

Wpt 01-05-10

pls consider. thanks. included raw track for reference purposes only.
                          Attached Files

Comment

SMT Muffler Shop@Mascardo St
                            Attached Files
                            SMS Machine • PictureSMS • SMS Commander • BattLogger • TraceCrash • MemoManager • vCardManager

Suntzu Software for Palm Treo

www.suntzu-software.com

Comment

1st contribution wpt La Union

i hope this will be considered
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by conzky View Post
                                i hope this will be considered
                                hello sir conzky. i would like to suggest you read again the how to section. as you will see the corrections needed on your post. however, pls allow me to say a few of the needed corrections.

1. N. Ideal distance of waypoints with respect to the road

To be consistent and to make the waypoints look better in the map, please place your waypoints at a distance of 8 to 10 meters (25 to 30 ft) perpendicular from the center of the road.

But if your waypoint is in a road not yet on the map (non-existent track) then pls read below

P. Waypoints along tracks not yet existing in the map

To avoid confusion whether a waypoint that was uploaded is located along a non-existing track in the current map version, please include the raw track along with the waypoints combined in one file only. The tracks will be used as reference only and will ensure that indeed the waypoints positioning are up to standard. If no track was recorded (waypoints only), then please indicate in the comment field by putting "no tracks" or "tracks missing".

2. The one below is in reference to your waypoint indicating San Lorenzo Village.

I. Should waypoints necessarily be located at the center of the POI?
                                pls read the link below
                                http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....39&postcount=2

3. Pls use separate file for street names of previously unnamed road and upload it on
                                http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1675

however, pls check it first with v 1.09 demo map. and remove those already existing on the map.

pls read the how to's section for more details.
                                http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1526

good day sir.

Comment

Working...
                                X