• Time
  • Show
Clear All

WP contribution 010810

Happy New Year everybody...

Just doin' my share

Comment

Originally posted by conzky View Post
      ok sir hbt. thanks. how do i know if my uploads already qualify for an unlock code? just asking.

hi sir conzky,

just in case you didnt notice it yet. youre already a contributor

congrats.... lets just fine tune your contribution more
      Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
      - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
        hi sir conzky,

just in case you didnt notice it yet. youre already a contributor

congrats.... lets just fine tune your contribution more
        oh yeah!!thank you all for your support sirs!!

Comment

congratulations sir conzky!!!
          enjoy your contributors map!

Comment

ADD Sorsogon City Waypoints

pls add this to my previous contribution. thanks.

Comment

beer on you
              Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
              - Bruce Lee

Comment

How do I upload Map Source showing the places in Davao City I visited last Christmas Vacation from Dec. 21 to 27, 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by rexiejun View Post
                  How do I upload Map Source showing the places in Davao City I visited last Christmas Vacation from Dec. 21 to 27, 2009.

hi sir rexiejun,

what are you trying to upload? waypoints, tracks...
                  each one goes to each individual thread.

please go thru the FAQ inside the HOW TO section

thanks and good day
                  - Bruce Lee

Comment

more greenhills waypoints (poi's)...

Comment

additional gilmore poi's/waypoints

Comment

Daet Waypoints

During the New Year Break...

Comment

Originally posted by sylar View Post

hi sylar,

please read the WAYPOINT STANDARD thread inside the HOW TO section, to learn how to properly mark your waypoint

thanks
                          - Bruce Lee

Comment

Sorry po, here's the updated one. Hope I got it right this time... if not, please let me know what I'm missing.

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                            hi sylar,

please read the WAYPOINT STANDARD thread inside the HOW TO section, to learn how to properly mark your waypoint

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sylar View Post
                              hello sir sylar,

pls edit your waypoints. if i may suggest a few points.

1. mark them at 8-10m (25-30 ft) perpendicular from the center of the road.

N. Ideal distance of waypoints with respect to the road

To be consistent and to make the waypoints look better in the map, please place your waypoints at a distance of 8 to 10 meters (25 to 30 ft) perpendicular from the center of the road.

Please use the "Distance/Bearing tool" in the mapsource. Another method is to move a waypoint perpendicular to road then stick it to the center of the road, then move it again back, but taking note of the distance from the center of the road (take a look at the bottom left corner of your mapsource screen) until it's at least 8-10m from the road. (suggestion by Borgie)

2. pls use also correct icons if applicable (like gas station icon for caltex).

B. Why assigning proper symbols is important

It will help if proper symbols are assigned. This is true for cases where the waypoint category is an obvious one....banks, fuel stations, restaurants...But in the absence of a clear symbol in Mapsource, we really don't have a choice but to put one that we think is most appropriate.

What we like is this...it will really help if proper symbols are assigned first time for common establishments. Now, for less obvious categories, it will greatly help if you can put a description in the comments field as to what kind of waypoints they are especially if the waypoint name will not reflect the true nature of the waypoint. This way, I can pick the most appropriate symbol during processing and save me from doing guesswork which will prevent assigning of improper symbol and at worst, deletion of the waypoint itself.

3. for those waypoints on an area where there is no track available on the map, pls include the raw track for reference purposes only. and upload also the same track on tracks thread for it to be included on the v1.10 map. but if there is no recorded track, pls indicate it on the comment field.

P. Waypoints along tracks not yet existing in the map

To avoid confusion whether a waypoint that was uploaded is located along a non-existing track in the current map version, please include the raw track along with the waypoints combined in one file only. The tracks will be used as reference only and will ensure that indeed the waypoints positioning are up to standard. If no track was recorded (waypoints only), then please indicate in the comment field by putting "no tracks" or "tracks missing".

Please note though that you still have to upload the raw tracks separately (without the waypoints) in the tracks thread for them to be included in the next map version.

Comment

Take 3. updated waypoints distance and included contributed tracks for reference.
                                Last edited by sylar; 01-08-2010, 23:44.

Comment

Working...
                                X