This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doki View Post
    hello sir. distance are ok. may i ask if the waypoint "drugstore" is its store name? or it is a drugstore with unknown store name?
    actually sir there are several drugstores in the building so i just named them generically. if this is not ok i will just exclude it.
    Last edited by doki; 07-21-2010, 21:18.

Comment

Originally posted by conzky View Post
      actually sir there are several drugstores in the building so i just named them generically. if this is not ok i will just exclude it.
      hi,

we need the name of the drugstore. and if they are located inside a building, please indicate floor and building name.

with regards to the food stall, it would be better if you can put the store name

thanks
      Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
      - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Hi Sir Pokz,
        Pls Add my waypoints thanks
        i love to eat and drink..see you all at jayjs inasal

Comment

additional waypoints in angeles city

additional waypoints in angeles city. hope this helps and that my format is correct.

Comment

Updated Putatan, Muntinlupa road routes

See attached. Includes corrections of my previous post.

Comment

Originally posted by sparton View Post
              See attached. Includes corrections of my previous post.

hi sir sparton,

as per WAYPOINT STANDARD. please mark your waypoint 8-10 meters or 25-30 feet away from the center of the road

please edit and repost thanks
              Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
              - Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                hi,

we need the name of the drugstore. and if they are located inside a building, please indicate floor and building name.

with regards to the food stall, it would be better if you can put the store name

thanks
                ok. so this makes my upload not ok yet?

Comment

Originally posted by conzky View Post
                  ok. so this makes my upload not ok yet?

hi sir conzky,

a lot of your waypoints are okay with regards to the distance and i think they will make it to the map, but need fine tuning.
                  with regards to the drugstore and the foodstalls. check this out:

. How to name your waypoints

if you want to include the address of the poi, do it as follows: mypoi@streetname
                  example: Jollibee@Makati Ave housenumber if any you put behind the streetname. Jollibee@Jupiter cor Makati Ave (example only)

if you want to include the telephone number of the poi, do it as follows: mypoi#02888888888 (area code + telephone number, without space in between)

if you want to include both: Jollibee@Makati Ave#0288888888 (or whatever the correct address and phone is)

or if a waypoint is located inside a mall or building, use the building itself as the address: Jollibee@2nd Level, SM Southmall (compulsory)

it would also be most welcome if the district is included for long streets spanning different places, ex. Jollibee@Edsa, Cubao

For waypoints whose streets are not known, especially along highways in provinces, Barangay names are also valid addresses, ex. Jollibee@Brgy San Nicolas. Better yet if street is also included, ex. Jollibee@National Hwy, Brgy San Nicolas

Please take note that inclusion of address and/or telephone number is not compulsory in uploading of waypoints. We wouldn't want contributors to be discouraged from sharing their waypoints just because they do not have/know their correct address. Exception to this would be for waypoints inside a mall or building, wherein we definitely require everyone to include the address as the building's name itself (ex. Jollibee@SM Lipa). And we do appreciate very much if addresses can be included for easier searching of our POIs, but again, it is not compulsory.

H. Why inclusion of address and telephone number is encouraged

a. To further improve the usability of our POIs, if possible please include the address and telephone numbers of Hospitals and Police Stations (including the correct name of the station). This will greatly help us in maximizing the use of the "Where Am I" function of our gps. It will also come handy when faced with real-life emergency situations. (comment courtesy of hbt)

b. Very important talaga specially for establishments with many branches like Jollibee...without the location to differentiate the branch from another very hard to find the right branch when searching POI. (comment courtesy of markyap)

thanks and good day sir
                  - Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by glenngso View Post
                    additional waypoints in angeles city. hope this helps and that my format is correct.
                    hello sir glenngso,

pls re-check your waypoint distances and mark them at 8-10m or 25-30 ft from the center of the road.

and for privacy's sake, pls remove your personal waypoints like your house or your friend's house before contributing.

Comment

corrected wypts LU

correct waypoints for LU

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                        hi sir conzky,

a lot of your waypoints are okay with regards to the distance and i think they will make it to the map, but need fine tuning.
                        ok sir hbt. thanks. how do i know if my uploads already qualify for an unlock code? just asking.

Comment

Waypoints for Tabuk, Kalinga (CAR)

This is my first attempt to contribute my data using Nuvi 285WT.
                          There is no available map for Tabuk City yet, so I included the tracks as well.
                          I hope my submission is up to standard. Comments are welcome.

Comment

add waypoints angeles city

adding waypoints for angeles city

Comment

Originally posted by LitoSo View Post
                              adding waypoints for angeles city
                              Please check the following:
                              1. position of your waypoints - must be between 8 to 10 m from road centerline.
                              2. proper way of adding street address in the label
                              3. correct use of icons (is Neplum Incorporated a cemetery?)
                              4. delete unnecessary waypoints (garmin asia & etc.)

please edit and re-upload your file after reviewing the waypoint standards... TIA

Comment

Originally posted by reuel2000 View Post
                                This is my first attempt to contribute my data using Nuvi 285WT.
                                There is no available map for Tabuk City yet, so I included the tracks as well.
                                I hope my submission is up to standard. Comments are welcome.
                                Nice tracks reuel but please upload your tracks in the track thread as the tracks included in your waypoint upload won't make it to the map. It will be used only as reference to the waypoints you uploaded. If you can edit your tracks in mapsource and straighten them out, it would be much better because your waypoints can then be properly positioned. If you're not yet familiar how to do it then it's okay.

Please check position of your waypoints also. Noticed that there's an existing Davidson hotel in the demo map v1.09. If yours is the correct location, please upload a DELETE file in the waypoint corrections thread so the the wrongly located POI will be taken out from the map... TIA

Comment

Working...
                                X