X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by conzky View Post
    @ sir doki:

i still placed some wypoints that are already existing in the demo map for correction purposes because they are misplaced. thanks.
    ok sir. then pls indicate on the comment field the word correct to indicate that your uploaded waypoint is the correct one and then create a separate file for deletion of the wrong one and submit it on waypoints corrections thread.

C. Corrected waypoints

To avoid confusion on my part, when uploading a waypoint that is a correction of an existing one, please include in the comment field the word "correct". It will automatically inform me that...

a. This is the correct waypoint after comparing with the demo map
    b. A delete file for the wrong waypoint is uploaded in the waypoints correction thread
    c. That I will delete the adjacent similar/duplicate waypoint in the absence of a delete file
    Last edited by doki; 07-21-2010, 21:37.

Comment

copy sir. thanks.
      i have edited my previous correction and added a few. thank you sir.

Comment

1st contribution wpt La Union

re uploading again

Comment

Originally posted by doki View Post
          ok sir. then pls indicate on the comment field the word correct to indicate that your uploaded waypoint is the correct one and then create a separate file for deletion of the wrong one and submit it on waypoints corrections thread.

C. Corrected waypoints

To avoid confusion on my part, when uploading a waypoint that is a correction of an existing one, please include in the comment field the word "correct". It will automatically inform me that...

a. This is the correct waypoint after comparing with the demo map
          b. A delete file for the wrong waypoint is uploaded in the waypoints correction thread
          c. That I will delete the adjacent similar/duplicate waypoint in the absence of a delete file
          sorry sir i didnt get this one before i re uploaded
          Last edited by doki; 07-21-2010, 21:42.

Comment

sorry sir i didnt get this one before i re uploaded
            ok sir. i however, checked your re-uploaded file.
            1. still the distance isn't corrected. caltex is still too near from the corner, pizza hut is still at 4m, christ the king college 2 still at 11m (37ft), jollibee near rang-ay rural bank still at 6m, and so on....

2. the naming of road is not a waypoint. upload it on the appropriate thread.

3. also with regards to waypoint corrections, i suggest you upload the correct waypoint (like san fernando city plaza) to the prescribed distance. and create a separate deletion file for the correction at the appropriate thread (as previously mentioned). here's the link on how to properly do it.
            http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=529

Comment

New Waypoint - Zoocobia
              I included the raw tracks as instructed.

Comment

New Waypoint - Aling Lucing "Home of the Original Sisig Queen"
                Little known place wherein Anthony Bourdain once visited.

Comment

New Waypoint - Hotel Vida@Clark

Comment

New Waypoint - Manresa School@BF Paranaque

Comment

Originally posted by hubs View Post
                      New Waypoint - Zoocobia
                      I included the raw tracks as instructed.
                      New Waypoint - Aling Lucing "Home of the Original Sisig Queen"
                      Little known place wherein Anthony Bourdain once visited.
                      New Waypoint - Hotel Vida@Clark
                      New Waypoint - Manresa School@BF Paranaque
                      hi sir hubs,
                      please combine your waypoint submittion into 1 file

thanks and good day
                      Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                      - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Establishments in Northwalk II, JASA, CSFP. The included tracks are for reference only, they've been uploaded in the correct thread already.

Attached Files
                        Last edited by woohoo; 01-14-2010, 10:02. Reason: attachment lost during server migration
                        Certified Roadguide.ph Addict

Comment

Originally posted by doki View Post
                          ok sir. i however, checked your re-uploaded file.
                          1. still the distance isn't corrected. caltex is still too near from the corner, pizza hut is still at 4m, christ the king college 2 still at 11m (37ft), jollibee near rang-ay rural bank still at 6m, and so on....

2. the naming of road is not a waypoint. upload it on the appropriate thread.

3. also with regards to waypoint corrections, i suggest you upload the correct waypoint (like san fernando city plaza) to the prescribed distance. and create a separate deletion file for the correction at the appropriate thread (as previously mentioned). here's the link on how to properly do it.
                          http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=529
                          Thanks for your comments and corrections sir. to clarify, here's my response to your points:
                          1. im confused with regard to distances of waypoints because you're not getting the same measurements as mine. btw, i use versions 5.17 and 1.09 of phil. routable and demo map respectively. i use the demo map when i place/edit waypoints at 80ft. elevation, and see to it that a waypoint is at least 25ft but not more that 30ft. using the distance/bearing tool. im wondering why you're getting less distance. also, i observed that some existing waypoints are somewhat misplaced when viewed from the routable map i.e. located on the other side of the road, why is this so? sir, may i be genlightened regarding these concerns?;

2. im so sorry, i was not able to delete all the included road name corrections;

3. ok sir. for now, i will be concentrating on waypoints, nothing else.

thanks a lot.

cdbasa
                          Last edited by doki; 07-21-2010, 21:36.

Comment

Thanks for your comments and corrections sir. to clarify, here's my response to your points:
                            1. im confused with regard to distances of waypoints because you're not getting the same measurements as mine. btw, i use versions 5.17 and 1.09 of phil. routable and demo map respectively. i use the demo map when i place/edit waypoints at 80ft. elevation, and see to it that a waypoint is at least 25ft but not more that 30ft. using the distance/bearing tool. im wondering why you're getting less distance. also, i observed that some existing waypoints are somewhat misplaced when viewed from the routable map i.e. located on the other side of the road, why is this so? sir, may i be genlightened regarding these concerns?;

2. im so sorry, i was not able to delete all the included road name corrections;

3. ok sir. for now, i will be concentrating on waypoints, nothing else.

thanks a lot.

cdbasa
                            hello sir. i have checked both using mapsource 6137 and 6157 and checked using both statute and metric measurements. and re-checked them again just now. i'm also confused if our measurements don't coincide. still pizza hut is at 4m(14ft), jollibee near rang-ay rural bank at 6m (20ft), etc.
                            i have a question though. are you using the center of the road as reference or the side of the road? this may have been the factor for differences. as stated in the guide, use the center of the road as reference (perpendicular to the road).
                            as for 5.17 and 1.09 they are different versions. the latest we have is 1.09
                            however, if you find a waypoint not accurate on the v 1.09 map, then pls upload it for correction. thanks sir.

addition: and btw, i agree with you with regards to road discrepancy. i also noticed the big difference in the road positions between 5.17 and 1.09
                            but pls use the 1.09 as reference as this is the latest one we have. and to reiterate, pls submit corrections of the waypoints and tracks that need corrections.
                            this will be a good thing for you as you will have plenty to upload, once you get the contributor's map, you will definitely enjoy. that's why i wanted to help junior members because i want them to achieve contributor status the soonest to be able to fully enjoy the map.
                            Last edited by doki; 01-07-2010, 12:54. Reason: added addition notes

Comment

cdbasa
                              The demo map is no longer similar to the free map because some of the roads in the latest version have been calibrated as contributors have submitted updated 1-sec tracks, that's why you get waypoints at the other side of the road. Distance shouldn't be an issue as long as you're using the same map version (1.09) as ours. Just be sure that the measurement is perpendicular to the road.

Comment

@sir rbolomb, thanks for the concern; and @sir poks, thanks for the info.

i'll try to go over it again and try to re-upload tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X