X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi koya pokz,

waypoints
    Attached Files
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Add_Makati WPs_120909

Hi,

Please add some new wps.

Thanks!
      Attached Files

Comment

waypoints@1st Level, SM Valenzuela

Some Waypoints@1st Level, SM Valenzuela
        Attached Files

Comment

Zucchini's@Scout Tuazon cor Scout Lozano

Zucchini's@Scout Tuazon cor Scout Lozano
          Attached Files

Comment

Romulo Cafe@Scout Tuazon cor Dr. Lazcano

Attached Files
            Last edited by highwaytrooper; 12-10-2009, 20:29. Reason: Forgot to post Attachment

Comment

Originally posted by highwaytrooper View Post
              Hi highwaytrooper,

you forgot your attachment... btw, please combine your uploads in one gdb file... makes it easier for the mods to check.

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                hi sir padrino,

please mark your waypoints 25 - 30 feet or 8-10 mtr. away from the center of the road.
                and also please put the address and tel. number if possible

thanks and good day to you sir
                Re-uploading my WP contri with distance corrected...
                Attached Files

Comment

Additional Waypoints

tandang sora anonas and road 16 waypoints, baka pwde na po maging contri ako huhuhu para masmadaling mag add ng waypoints sa gps ko, osm kc ginagamit ko temporary huhuhu =(
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by leonzki; 12-10-2009, 15:23.

Comment

Additional Caloocan City Way Points
                    Attached Files

Comment

80 waypoints for SM City Mall Cebu City

I collected all of these waypoints in about an hour and a half typeing the names directly into my PDA in MS Word. I took that file and pasted “@SM City Mall, Upper Ground Floor” (etc) onto every entry. That was the easy part.

Had the SM complex not been so large, there’s no way I could get 79 waypoints in the same space. Plus, there are at least 50 more waypoints that could be captured for this mall.

Recommendation: where there are multiple waypoints in the same location, such as a large mall, use the entire area of the building rather than just the perimeter road for waypoint placement.

I’ve included an example of my work in the secondary format as well so you can see the difference of my suggestion: a polygon trace of the mall from GE and placement of the waypoints within the building's footprint.

Regards,

Mark
                      Attached Files
                      Experiencia Docet

Comment

Originally posted by bear3000 View Post
                        Additional Caloocan City Way Points
                        Separate the waypoints for u-turn slot and upload in tracks and routing corrections thread.

Comment

Originally posted by hennme69c View Post
                          I collected all of these waypoints in about an hour and a half typeing the names directly into my PDA in MS Word. I took that file and pasted “@SM City Mall, Upper Ground Floor” (etc) onto every entry. That was the easy part.

Had the SM complex not been so large, there’s no way I could get 79 waypoints in the same space. Plus, there are at least 50 more waypoints that could be captured for this mall.

Recommendation: where there are multiple waypoints in the same location, such as a large mall, use the entire area of the building rather than just the perimeter road for waypoint placement.

I’ve included an example of my work in the secondary format as well so you can see the difference of my suggestion: a polygon trace of the mall from GE and placement of the waypoints within the building's footprint.

Regards,

Mark
                          Your sample format is much better and actually encouraged. The standard do not require that the waypoints inside a mall be located only along the perimeter of the building. They are acceptable as long as they are within the bounds of the building (polygon). The only requirement is that they be spread throughout for easy viewing. In fact, most of the mall waypoints uploaded are of the sample type.

I will process the sample type and discard the other one. Thanks.

J. What about waypoints inside a building or mall? How do we position them?

For waypoints inside malls or multiple level buildings, the preferred positioning of waypoints is to spread them throughout the building. In this case, the exact location of the waypoint is not much important as long as they are within the bounds of the building. What is important is to put the proper address of the waypoint, i.e. Pizza Hut@2nd Level, SM Sucat. Then make sure that SM Sucat's waypoint location is accurate and preferably with the complete address. In essence, if we want to find Pizza Hut using our gps, we will be given a list of all Pizza Huts near our location including that one located in SM Sucat. And if we decide to eat at Pizza Hut in SM Sucat, then we look for the waypoint of SM Sucat. In short, we look for the building where the waypoint is located and route our gps to go to that building. Anyway, it will be impossible to route directly to a waypoint inside a building, so the best thing to do is search the building's waypoint itself.

And please refrain from positioning waypoints inside a mall on top of each other. Always try to spread them out.

Comment

Thanks for that Pokz

I took some time to refresh my memory on waypoint standards.
                            Experiencia Docet

Comment

Originally posted by Liv View Post
                              Hi highwaytrooper,

you forgot your attachment... btw, please combine your uploads in one gdb file... makes it easier for the mods to check.
                              K. Thanks for the advice. Next time i will.

Comment

Hello, here are the waypoints ive collected around Las Pinas all the way going to Ermita Manila. Im using a Nuvi 255. Thanks
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by mahavishnu; 12-13-2009, 18:45. Reason: added Nuvi model

Comment

Working...
                                X