Clear All

Roads traced from GE-Quinapnndan, Samar

Hi Jan,

Quinapondan R-16Oct2009.gpx
    See FAQ for Newbies below
    Click Here

Comment

First attempt at contributing.

First try at this. These tracks not showing on 1.07 demo. Associated waypoints will be posted on waypoint thread under same name. Would appreciate all criticism as there's a lot of information I've had to digest reading all the threads.

Paul
      Last edited by craktskull; 10-16-2009, 19:12. Reason: wrong file attached first time....go figure

Comment

First waypoint submission

These are waypoints for the tracks of the same name on the track thread. If I did this wrong, I apologize. Would appreciate any feedback.

Paul
        Last edited by craktskull; 10-16-2009, 18:34.

Comment

Originally posted by craktskull View Post
          These are waypoints for the tracks of the same name on the track thread. If I did this wrong, I apologize. Would appreciate any feedback.

Paul
          Paul,

This does not contain any waypoint so I moved this to the tracks thread, and this seems to be a higher resolution track than the earlier upload. Maybe you uploaded the wrong file for the waypoints.

Comment

First try at this. These tracks not showing on 1.07 demo. Associated waypoints will be posted on waypoint thread under same name. Would appreciate all criticism as there's a lot of information I've had to digest reading all the threads.

Paul
            Hi Paul,

You had 1-sec track and you got it right. Below are my comments;
            1. Please separate tracks for new roads only. You can post it here,
            2. Please separate tracks of existing roads (overlapping) and post it on tracks and routing correction thread but please prioritize those non existent road first,
            3. Please edit your track in Mapsource before submitting it. Trim those points that are not necessary.
            Click Here

Comment

Roads traced from GE-Taft, Eastern Samar

Hi Jan,

Click Here

Comment

Thanks....took me a while to figure out I had to take the bins and convert.

All tracks are new.....as compared to 1.07 demo. If you're using the unlocked version, there may be some disparities, but I don't have access to the latest version yet.

2. Please separate tracks of existing roads (overlapping) and post it on tracks and routing correction thread but please prioritize those non existent road first,

Again, they are all new tracks as far as I can see. I was willing to edit them (the overlapping runs) with MapSource, but I read the thread where it said editing will help out but not necessary. Since I'm new with MapSource and the data is good, I thought I would leave that up to the experts. As I get more knowledgeable with MapSource and editing, I will do that with all future uploads.

3. Please edit your track in Mapsource before submitting it. Trim those points that are not necessary.[/QUOTE]

Same as #2.....

Paul

Comment

Thanks....took me a while to figure out I had to take the bins and convert.

All tracks are new.....as compared to 1.07 demo. If you're using the unlocked version, there may be some disparities, but I don't have access to the latest version yet.

Again, they are all new tracks as far as I can see. I was willing to edit them (the overlapping runs) with MapSource, but I read the thread where it said editing will help out but not necessary. Since I'm new with MapSource and the data is good, I thought I would leave that up to the experts. As I get more knowledgeable with MapSource and editing, I will do that with all future uploads.

3. Please edit your track in Mapsource before submitting it. Trim those points that are not necessary.
                  Same as #2.....

Paul[/QUOTE]

Hi Paul,

Are you sure you have the 1.07 Demo, which is already the latest version? The difference between the full version and the demo version is that you can download it to your pc only but not to your GPS unit. I think what you have is the standard version. Around 70% of the tracks you submitted are already existing on the 1.07 version.
                  Click Here

Comment

Roads traced from GE-Can-avid, Samar

Hi Jan,

Click Here

Comment

Roads traced from GE-Can-avid, Eastern Samar

Hi Jan,

Click Here

Comment

Originally posted by Roadguide2000 View Post
                        Same as #2.....

Paul
                        Hi Paul,

Are you sure you have the 1.07 Demo, which is already the latest version? The difference between the full version and the demo version is that you can download it to your pc only but not to your GPS unit. I think what you have is the standard version. Around 70% of the tracks you submitted are already existing on the 1.07 version.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I double checked and triple checked......even made a screen shot so you can see for yourself.......it's still 1.07. This is a screen shot of where the road to my house SHOULD be, but isn't. Notice 1.07 in the upper left corner.

Paul

Comment

Roads traced from GE-Dolores, Eastern, Samar

Hi Jan,

Click Here

Comment

Hi Paul,

Are you sure you have the 1.07 Demo, which is already the latest version? The difference between the full version and the demo version is that you can download it to your pc only but not to your GPS unit. I think what you have is the standard version. Around 70% of the tracks you submitted are already existing on the 1.07 version.
                            Yes, I double checked and triple checked......even made a screen shot so you can see for yourself.......it's still 1.07. This is a screen shot of where the road to my house SHOULD be, but isn't. Notice 1.07 in the upper left corner.

Paul[/QUOTE]

Hi Paul,

Yes, yours is 1.07 demo version but you did not show the locations of tracks.

Please see the attached screenshot of your tracks in 1.07 full version. Notice the overlaps in existing roads and no overlap in new roads.

Click Here

Comment

Roads traced from GE-Dolores, Eastern, Samar

Hi Jan,

Click Here

Comment

Roads traced from GE-Caibiran, Leyte

Hi Jan,

Click Here