old Waypoints always received by Mapsource

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

old Waypoints always received by Mapsource

I have accumulated various waypoints (save in my favorites) in my Gps unit, everytime I need to transfer (receive from device) All my waypoints are received by my mapsource (6.13.7) hence i need to edit and delete the old waypoints and retain the new waypoints for contribution. In the help menu of mapsource it states open a new file if you do not want to merge the data. So I have to open a new file in mapsource , but once you transfer (receive from device)same all waypoints are received.

Anybody knows the workaround for this so that only new waypoints will be transferred? I have accummulated few waypoints already in my gps and its cumbersome to edit and delete the the old waypoints just to come up with new waypoints for contribution
    Attached Files

afaik there's no workaround.
    what might simplify your life is:

a. upload all points from your gps
    b. delete all points in your gps (bear with me for a while)
    c. delete all points in mapsource you don't want to send back to the gps
    d. add a comment to all remaining points example aaaa
    e. send back to gps

this way next time you upload the points, all you have to do is sort per comment and delete all the aaaa points (multiple selection is accepted in mapsource)

or use poiloader to send the points to the gps
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Tnx Jan for the tip, I guess I'll just go to the usual method. after downloading all the waypoints old & new to mapsource , i will just add comment on the NEW waypoints and just delete the one without comments(old wpts) when you add comments, you can easily see which wpt to be deleted and sort it out unlike the original received wpts which are scattered and out of order

Also by deleting the favorites from device will take time unless you do it in in PC (deleteing the current gpx? not sure?)
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jspalaroan View Post
        Tnx Jan for the tip, I guess I'll just go to the usual method. after downloading all the waypoints old & new to mapsource , i will just add comment on the NEW waypoints and just delete the one without comments(old wpts) when you add comments, you can easily see which wpt to be deleted and sort it out unlike the original received wpts which are scattered and out of order

Also by deleting the favorites from device will take time unless you do it in in PC (deleteing the current gpx? not sure?)
        which is why you should add a comment to the OLD waypoints...
        so next time you upload, the comment will be there, just click on the comments header and they'll be alphabetically ordered, then just delete them.

should be current.gpx not very sure. copy it to the hdd, then delete it and check, if it's not that one, you can always paste it back.

Comment

yes, it should be the old waypoints and not the new wpts. deleting the current gpx does not delete my favorites, it's still there, need to know where is this file located , otherwise i have to go to the manual deletion of each wpt which is not practical, does anyone know where is the favorite wpts located? tnx

Comment

I'm about to restore the file current gpx but its automatically restored when the gps device was detected by the pc

Comment

my data / delete favourite(s) (nuvi 710, presume same on yours)

Comment

it seems i cannot find even the "my data" even if i unhide all the files already

Comment

Originally posted by jspalaroan View Post
                  it seems i cannot find even the "my data" even if i unhide all the files already
                  my data is in the nuvi's menu not in windows explorer

Comment

Hi Jan, Tnx, and it works. Have discovered too that when adding comments, you can highlight all the waypoints and right click, then add the comment and this will be added to all the waypoints highlighted ( and no need to add comment individually each wpt which will will take so loooooong )

tnx for the tip ,all of my wpts now have all comments except for the new wpts

Comment

Working...
                    X