nuvi 2595

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nuvi 2595

I have a working MapSource version 6.15.11 in my computer but when I try to send the maps to my nuvi 2595, it cannot detect the device. It says, "No devices were found. Please make sure your device is connected to the computer and turned on, then try again. You may also set the interface option to on your GPS to 'Garmin' or 'Host'."

I repeatedly connect and disconnected my device from my computer but MapSource was still unable to detect it. Any advise?

try mapsource 6.13.7 or 6.15.7.

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk
    FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by besscm View Post
      I have a working MapSource version 6.15.11 in my computer but when I try to send the maps to my nuvi 2595, it cannot detect the device. It says, "No devices were found. Please make sure your device is connected to the computer and turned on, then try again. You may also set the interface option to on your GPS to 'Garmin' or 'Host'."

I repeatedly connect and disconnected my device from my computer but MapSource was still unable to detect it. Any advise?
      I think it's not Mapsource but your computer that is unable to detect the gps. You can try connecting the cable AFTER turning on the gps (sometimes it works), otherwise please check the cable.

Comment

Agree with TessGanda,

I have had problems with my GPSR before not being detected because I did not turn it on yet. Just to expound, the steps are:

1. Turn on your PC
        2. Turn on your GPSR so that it shows the "Where to" and Map Icon.
        3. Plug in the USB cable and then plug in the other end to your GPSR.
        4. Observe the display, it should then show a PC Icon and a status bar, (green) and when the Status bar is finished, it should just show the PC Icon.
        5. Then Open mapsource and check if device is found.

To double check, also check if your USB device icons on your window task bar on your lower right hand side of screen will show your GPS device. You know the one that you have to use before unplugging your USB devices, this is to make sure your PC does detect your unit and has the necessary drivers.

Good luck!

Oh, would be nice to post back if you were able to fix your problem or not!

TTFN
        Arvin

Comment

Thanks guys for the advise, unfortunately it still didn't work.

I have used MapSource 6.13.7, that didn't work.

I believe my computer and the device is connected 'coz I can see the nuvi in 'My Computer' plus when I plugged the device the window that asks what I want to do with the new device pops out also. I also logged-in myGarmin and it was able to detect the device under myDashboard.

I downloaded MapSource 6.15.7 and ran it but it installed the Training Center and to unlock the MapSource it asks for a lock code.

I don't know if this is significant, my device cannot detec a satellite, maybe due to my current location which is Saudi Arabia. In my device, I choose the US as my locale 'coz I couldn't find Saudi Arabia among the choices as it's probably written in Arabic (there are several of them). Should my device be able to detect the satellite first before it can connect to a MapSource?

Comment

I would try and install the latest Garmin USB Drivers from here: http://www8.garmin.com/software/USBDrivers_23.exe
            There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Try OJ's suggestion too about the drivers.

However if the unit actually shows Nuvi in my computer then yeah the computer is talking to your GPSR already.

If you are concerned about the unit still not having a lock in your area, that is easily remedied and you should do it just to eliminate that question.

1. Choose whatever nearest place in Saudi Arabia that you can find, the nearest place that you can choose.

2. Keep the unit turned on and outside/outdoors until the signal meter shows some kind of signal that is red, and then it will turn green, don't stop unless it turns green. It might take around 30 minutes worse case.

Man I can't believe how many people, even Techies are surprised that a GPSR cannot get a satellite lock indoors! Please don't make the same mistake! A cousin of mine just showed surprised that I had to ask him to go outside... I think that is the problem with A-GPS devices nowadays, people thing that it is the "real GPS" satellite signals that they are getting.

Anyway I digress. My apologies.

Good luck and please post back if you still have problems. I'm sorry to be suggesting this but please try with another PC if you can.

Oh and last Hurrah for now, someone just mentioned being able to successfully use Mapsource version 6.16.3 I suspect you need to use Training center for this as well. So please try this version. I don't know if the alternative methods of installing without the need for training center will work on this mapsource version though.

TTFN
              Arvin
              Last edited by arvin555; 11-16-2011, 19:59.

Comment

Thank you OJ and Arvin.

I did update my Garmin USB driver, no positive effect.

Then I tried Arvin's suggestion of installing ALL into a new PC. This time, I didn't get the the error message quoted above. The 'Send To Device' opens with 'Maps' checked in 'What To Send' but beside 'Device' the drop down menu only shows Drrive E and Drive D of my laptop which is for the SD card and Memory Stick slots, respectively. When I click 'Find Device' it will read for a while but nothing happens. The nuvi is still not listed, although now I don't get the error message. The nuvi is definitely connected and recognized by the computer as it is listed in 'My Computer'. I did follow the proper steps TessGanda advised.

BTW, I did try the unit outside and it worked, it was able to acquire satellite connection.

Anymore ideas?

Comment

How about updating your software via Garmin WebUpdater.

Comment

Uuuum! I wouldn't do that though, update software through garmin webupdater! I would rather exhaust everything that update firmwares and stuff. We have had quite a lot of bad experience with firmware upgrades.

besscm,

Just to double check, you are using windows right Win7?
                    Reason I ask is that I have experienced this problem, but only in Ubuntu/Linux.

Also can you confirm that the Computer Icon that I mentioned is on the screen of your Garmin?

One alternative is that if mapsource is able to find your MicroSD card drive, how about buying a MicroSD card and installing the map there?

Good luck!
                    TTFN
                    Arvin

Comment

It's a long shot but try this anyway.

1. Right-click on My Computer and select Manage
                      2. On the left pane of the Computer Management window, select Storage>Disk Management

Q1. Do you see your Nuvi listed on the right pane?
                      Q2. Did the Nuvi's card slot (if equipped) appeared on the right pane?

3. Remove your Nuvi from the USB
                      4. Within the right pane, temporarily reassign the drive letters for your PC's card readers from D and E to X and Y, respectively
                      5. Though not really necessary, restart your PC just the same
                      6. Once booted up, connect your Nuvi and run Mapsource. Check whether or not your Nuvi is visible
                      7. After completing steps 3-6, optionally, do steps 1-2 and answer Q1-Q2 again
                      There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Thanks TessGanda and Arvin.

The first computer I installed the MapSource in runs Windows 7. The second one runs on Windows XP.

Yes, the computer icon appears on the screen of my Garmin.

I followed your last suggestion and just installed the maps in my microSD card Actually, I'm so new in this I didn't know my Garmin has a microSD slot...So when you suggested it, I looked for it

Thanks all again.

Comment

Cool, so at least you got it installed and working?

When you get contributor's status you can still do the same. But of course ideally you should still work on how to get your unit detected by mapsource, but at least you can already start using your GPSR now.

TTFN
                          Arvin

Comment

Working...
                          X