Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Britster;59854]I don't have an Android Smart Phone or Android Tablet currently (but did find a website offering Android Live that runs in Virtual Machine on your PC, so might download and install to have an Android 'Emulator' on my PC so I can see what it looks like, should a buy an Android Smart Phone or Tablet)

In the meantime I am checking out the Navitel Symbian OS on my Nokia N95 8GB, but not yet found a way to run Demo Mode with the RG Navitel Map!

This is the Navitel website I downloaded from:-

http://www.navitel.su/en/downloads/

@Britster
    Noticed that when you install the Navitel 5.060 version for Symbian and run it in demo it will not index the RG maps (error message says more than 100 kb). The only way I got the RG maps to work with Symbian was when I already installed the license key. Yet clearly the RG maps can be indexed and used even on trial/demo mode in IOS , Winmo and Android (several members have verified this) for 30 days at least. Maybe different installation behavior depending on the version.

Comment

Originally posted by registrar View Post
      @arvin555
      Update on navitel.asia. For those members who are interested in getting a Navitel Navigator license key navitel.asia offers a way to pay online instead of COD. If you have a paypal account then log in directly at paypal.com and pay admin@navitel.asia the required amount as indicated in the navitel.asia website less the delivery fee(I paid USD 27.93 for Navitel for Symbian v3.5.0.1105). Forward paypal email confirmation to:

Akwang
      Navitel.Asia
      info@navitel.asia

Akwang will email you shortly with the license key.
      ok, do i need to inform or contact them first and telling them i want to purchase the one for android before i send money by paypal or i will just pay by paypal?

Comment

do i need to provide the device id upon payment or not needed?

Comment

Originally posted by kicks4us23 View Post
          do i need to provide the device id upon payment or not needed?
          @kicks4us23
          If you want you can email Akwang at Navitel Asia first and give him notice that your about to pay. The office is based in Jakarta i think and response was prompt.Then email or forward to them payment confirmation. You dont need to provide the device ID. They will email you the license key on successful payment which you input on initial installation and this will be paired with your device. Only 1 license key per device can be used although the key should work across the different platforms(symbian, android) if you plan to change.
          Last edited by registrar; 08-21-2011, 06:07.

Comment

Originally posted by registrar View Post
            @kicks4us23
            If you want you can email Akwang at Navitel Asia first and give him notice that your about to pay. The office is based in Jakarta i think and response was prompt.Then email or forward to them payment confirmation. You dont need to provide the device ID. They will email you the license key on successful payment which you input on initial installation and this will be paired with your device. Only 1 license key per device can be used although the key should work across the different platforms(symbian, android) if you plan to change.
            got it! quick response from akwang. it was a long email conversation and asking me if i already have a map and i say yes. akwang sent me invoice and i paid immediately and fwd the paypal receipt! got the key! yehaa!

happy with the new member in my small gps family. tab p1000

I will still keep my nuvi 855. its still the best in navigation and quick and easy to use when hitting the road. p1000 with navitel is cool with 3d view na kasi and its fast lock up under 1 min. great for scouting of new waypoints!

thanks registrar!
            Last edited by kicks4us23; 08-21-2011, 09:13.

Comment

sirs ive been looking for a way to buy the key for navitel and it is proving to be a complicated thing for me. i dont have a paypal account and i dont want to take a risk on cod. E mailed akwang and no response yet. Downloaded the 3.2 version from the link provided and the thing is going to be expired in 15 days or so, i havent use d it coz it has no map on it. Its good to have navigation on my android phone as carry unit when on pedestrian mode. i have a 1350 and 1450 on my horse and my wifeys car, but a nav app on a phone is great. Besides it good to carry around when trail riding in the boondocks of mindanao and less interesting for the npa's and our moro rebel bros.

Comment

Originally posted by jojoh View Post
                sirs ive been looking for a way to buy the key for navitel and it is proving to be a complicated thing for me. i dont have a paypal account and i dont want to take a risk on cod. E mailed akwang and no response yet. Downloaded the 3.2 version from the link provided and the thing is going to be expired in 15 days or so, i havent use d it coz it has no map on it. Its good to have navigation on my android phone as carry unit when on pedestrian mode. i have a 1350 and 1450 on my horse and my wifeys car, but a nav app on a phone is great. Besides it good to carry around when trail riding in the boondocks of mindanao and less interesting for the npa's and our moro rebel bros.
                Yes Akwang from Navitel Asia earlier confirmed that at present they can only accept paypal payments for international transactions. Odd though that Akwang has not responded to your queries as he used to be prompt in replying. Why dont you try registering for a paypal account? - its still free and might be useful for you in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by jojoh View Post
                  Just wondering, wouldn't the bumpiness of a horse or bike ride on an off road trail be bad for a phone?

Sent from my samsung galaxy s2 using tapatalk

Comment

sir travelbug , hehehe, my "horse" is my 4x4 suv and my bike is a honda 200 baja bike.

Comment

Navitel on iPad/iPod

Hi,
                      I have an iPad2 and have downloaded Navitel with a map for some asia country. I am planning a trip to PI in the next 7 days and will be there for 21 days. I want to map parts of Baras, Catanduanes as i plan to move there (wife owns land).

So, how do i get a license for this thing without paying for some map I don't want?

How do I load the PI maps from road guide into the iPad (I use Macintosh and I have an iPod touch also)?

I have found a detailed satellite view on Google earth I like. Can I import that to Navitel? If so, how?

BTW: I am using both the iPod and iPad w/o 3G support and have a Dual GPS150 external BlueTouth device.

Comment

Hi mikeasl! Welcome to Roadguide!
                        Maybe this could help http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....95&postcount=1\

You will need a windows machine however.

Comment

I am not sure if allowed, I don't see anything wrong with this idea though, so Admins and mods please correct if wrong:

You could get away with not using windows, if you know someone who has the nm2 files already From RG for the Philippines. Just ask him to send you the nm2 files that you need and load into your ipad using itunes.

I am not sure if ipad or ipad2 really has GPS built in already, if it does then navitel will surely work for you here, with RG navitel maps which is free.

As for using google earth stuff and loading to navitel, not going to work.

TTFN
                          Arvin
                          Last edited by arvin555; 09-30-2011, 00:26.

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
                            I am not sure if allowed, I don't see anything wrong with this idea though, so Admins and mods please correct if wrong:

You could get away with not using windows, if you know someone who has the nm2 files already From RG for the Philippines. Just ask him to send you the nm2 files that you need and load into your ipad using itunes.

I am not sure if ipad or ipad2 really has GPS built in already, if it does then navitel will surely work for you here, with RG navitel maps which is free.

As for using google earth stuff and loading to navitel, not going to work.

TTFN
                            Arvin
                            @arvin555
                            yes your right - load the Navitel (nm2) map files to ipad using a file browser (ex. Ifunbox for Mac) or Itunes - i think this will only work for the Ipad 2 3G which has a built in GPS.
                            Last edited by registrar; 09-30-2011, 05:50.

Comment

hi where I can place the map that I download here on the root directory folder of navitel? sdcard\NavitelContent\ ?????????

suppose to be the files luzon.nm2.

I found two folder under navatel folder "Skin" and "Voices"

I'm using Navitel-5.0.1.754.apk for android gingerbread 2.3.4, because the lower version of navitel dosn't work properly on my phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Philmap View Post
                                hi where I can place the map that I download here on the root directory folder of navitel? sdcard\NavitelContent\ ?????????

suppose to be the files luzon.nm2.

I found two folder under navatel folder "Skin" and "Voices"

I'm using Navitel-5.0.1.754.apk for android gingerbread 2.3.4, because the lower version of navitel dosn't work properly on my phone.
                                @philmap

paste the maps (.nm2) to the sdcard root:\NavitelContent\Maps\ folder

Comment

Working...
                                X