1300 new 1 Sec track logging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1300 new 1 Sec track logging

Was able to get some screenshots of the new 1sec track logging of nuvi 1300 with Firmware 4.90.

To start the 1sec logging do the same thing as the old 1xxx series which is to go to the speedometer screen, touch the middle for a few seconds and then you will find the first screen below:

Press Diagnostic Recording and you will find the below screen:

Press Start Logging and you will find this new screen:

I highly recommend you check the GPX option and keep the mem handle size and number of handles at default (for now) because we don't know what it really means (anyone can shed light on this?)

Once you have pressed Start you will go back to the map screen and you will see a stop button, which actually is a bit irritating:

You will find the 1sec tracks in the same hidden folder .system and just look for the GPX folder. The advantage with this new system is that the unit will save the log in GPX so no need to use wNutrak anymore.

There is also some disadvantage in using gpx vs bin because gpx file size will be 5x larger, but for those who have trouble using nutrak, gpx option is quiet handy. Hi Arvin, can you confirm if the gpx option doesn't trigger snap to road?

Comment

kuya Elkabong,

Thanks for that info, didn't know that, so using GPX will quickly fill up your built in memory, plus I do not know if there is a way to automatically save to an external microSD, we'll see.

As for snap to road, you mean there is a possibility that if we set it to GPX that the 1sec track will "snap to road"? I will keep this in mind, I haven't played around with the unit much yet so not enough 1sec tracks to confirm. But we'll do.

Anyone have any idea on the Mem handle and handle number settings?

TTFN
      Arvin

Comment

Kuya Elkabong and other members who might be interested.

My report:

1. I used the GPX format to records 1sec files, and then checked it against the latest map. I noticed that the 1sec tracks recorded were sometimes offset (not in the middle) of some of the roads. So maybe we can conclude that at least for 1300 it does not trigger Snap to road.

2. I have a request, I tried looking for how to set the Snap to road function on a 1350 and a 1300 but I can't find it. I am assuming that it is not a user changable feature? If not please let me know how to turn it on and off in the above units... if available.

TTFN
        Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
          Kuya Elkabong and other members who might be interested.

My report:

1. I used the GPX format to records 1sec files, and then checked it against the latest map. I noticed that the 1sec tracks recorded were sometimes offset (not in the middle) of some of the roads. So maybe we can conclude that at least for 1300 it does not trigger Snap to road.

2. I have a request, I tried looking for how to set the Snap to road function on a 1350 and a 1300 but I can't find it. I am assuming that it is not a user changable feature? If not please let me know how to turn it on and off in the above units... if available.

TTFN
          Arvin
          1. 1s tracks are diagnostic tracks (on nuvis). As such they never "stick on rd"

2. Nuvis don't have that option. That's why the basic nuvi track is useless as it sticks to the rd. While not routing some nuvis create correct tracks that do not stick on rd . However the interval on those tracks still makes them way inferior vis a vis 1 second tracks.

Hth
          How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

@arvin:
            Nuvis default is stick to rd but you can turn it off by using off-road feature, its somewhere in tools/settings/navigation.
            FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
              @arvin:
              Nuvis default is stick to rd but you can turn it off by using off-road feature, its somewhere in tools/settings/navigation.
              let me add though that off road feature disables routing.
              it would just show a straight line to your destination.
              but your car icon will not stick to road when youre moving.
              also std tracks recorded will not stick to road.
              FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Thanks for the info Kuya Jan and Kuya Reiji,

Actually I posted for Elkabong because he asked me about the Stick to Road thing being automatic after using 1sec track GPX.

However I checked my 1350 and 1300 and could not find any way to choose "off road" setting. The only one I have seen that might be of use is the "pedestrian setting".

In any case I agree that for me 1sec tracks is still the way to go, and at least I can confirm that 1sec tracks do not follow the road

TTFN
                Arvin

Comment

Thanks for the info Kuya Jan and Kuya Reiji,

Actually I posted for Elkabong because he asked me about the Stick to Road thing being automatic after using 1sec track GPX.

However I checked my 1350 and 1300 and could not find any way to choose "off road" setting. The only one I have seen that might be of use is the "pedestrian setting".

In any case I agree that for me 1sec tracks is still the way to go, and at least I can confirm that 1sec tracks do not follow the road

TTFN
                  Arvin
                  off rd setting is in routing preferences /fastest/shortest/off rd
                  How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Go to Routing preferences for off-road setting.

Comment

Thanks, found it

For the 1300 model I found that aside from the normal 3 options

Faster time, shorter distance and offroad

There is one more option, "less fuel" .. hmm wonder what this means In terms of the GPSR routing here in the Philippines

TTFN
                      Arvin
                      Last edited by arvin555; 05-17-2011, 22:59.

Comment

There is one more option, "less fuel" .. hmm wonder what this means In terms of the GPSR routing here in the Philippines

TTFN
                        Arvin

for ecoroute unkul
                        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                        - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Thanks Unkul HBT, The thing is that both my 1350 and 1300 have ecoroute, but only the 1300 has the Fuel economy.

Another reason why I wondered about this new choice is that:

Faster route- we know will choose major roads and highways.

Shortest route- well choose shortest route regardless of type of road

Offroad- will completely Ignore roads and routing, and will navigate in straight lines

I wonder what Fuel economy will choose for routing... maybe a mix between faster route and shortest route? Hmmm.

A google search unfortunately did not yield any real explanation.

TTFN
                          Arvin

Comment

fuel economy = walking mwahahahaha
                            Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                            - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

I did read about this new feature NuRoute I will post a question about it separately.

Comment

Working...
                              X