255w vs 765T vs 855

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

255w vs 765T vs 855

can anyone suggest what nuvi will i buy. i was thinking about nuvi 855.

Originally posted by gareth85 View Post

depends on the budget. but if you have the mucho-mucho a 765w is good enough, if not maybe a 265w or a 255w

but this is not the right thread to discuss this
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
      depends on the budget. but if you have the mucho-mucho a 765w is good enough, if not maybe a 265w or a 255w

but this is not the right thread to discuss this
      haha anyway thanks. 765w does it have voice recognition?? if not i think ill go for 855.

Comment

255w vs 765T vs 855

What best garmin product to buy is it 255w or 765t or 855

255w
        Physical & Performance:

Unit dimensions, WxHxD: 4.8"W x 2.9"H x .8"D (12.2 x 7.4 x 2.0 cm)
        Display size, WxH: 3.81"W x 2.25"H (9.7 x 5.7 cm); 4.3" diag (10.9 cm)
        Display resolution, WxH: 480 x 272 pixels
        Display type: WQVGA color TFT with white backlight
        Weight: 6.1 ounces (172.93 g)

765t
        Physical & Performance:

Unit dimensions, WxHxD: 4.8"W x 3.0"H x .8"D (12.2 x 7.6 x 2.0 cm)
        Weight: 6.48 ounces (183.8 g)

Physical & Performance:

Unit dimensions, WxHxD: 4.9"W x 3.1"H x .7"D (12.5 x 7.8 x 1.8 cm)
        Weight: 6.2 ounces (176 g)

In terms of Feautures what is the best to buy? can i consider 855 with its voice recognition?
        Last edited by gareth85; 02-14-2010, 13:03.

Comment

heres my idea:
          nuvi255w gives you min reqt: widescreen, tts, whereiam for $180 (as per garmin website).
          nuvi765t gives you 1 more feature which can be use here: route planning, that is for $300 (addl $120)
          nuvi855 give you 1 more feature again: voice recognition for $400 (addl $220 compared to 255w).
          for me i can live without route planning and voice recognition and i can save $220. now up to you decide.
          FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
            heres my idea:
            nuvi255w gives you min reqt: widescreen, tts, whereiam for $180 (as per garmin website).
            nuvi765t gives you 1 more feature which can be use here: route planning, that is for $300 (addl $120)
            nuvi855 give you 1 more feature again: voice recognition for $400 (addl $220 compared to 255w).
            for me i can live without route planning and voice recognition and i can save $220. now up to you decide.
            I think there's a cheap 8 series from amazon. save 200$

Comment

just make sure its brand new
              Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
              - Bruce Lee

Comment

If you want to see poi icons while on a route, purchase a taiwan version instead. This will also allow you to see all name roads (more than what the us version is)

855 aside from route planning also has a special feature not commonly advertised. Its Custom avoidance :-) You can easily mark portions of the map you don't want to get routed to. Examples are villages you don't have access to, dangerous areas of metro manila, etc. Imho, this feature should have been standard in all models. Unfortunately its only is the 8x5 series.

Comment

Yup the 855 has all the bells and whistles but it has no 1 second tracklog feature

FYI 1 sec. tracklog is discussed in this thread >>> http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=384

Comment

Originally posted by Agent47 View Post
                    Yup the 855 has all the bells and whistles but it has no 1 second tracklog feature

FYI 1 sec. tracklog is discussed in this thread >>> http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=384

AFAIK... all nuvi series that ends in 5 (e.g. 7x5 2x5 etc.) is capable of easter egg tracks recording
                    - Bruce Lee

Comment

AFAIK... all nuvi series that ends in 5 (e.g. 7x5 2x5 etc.) is capable of easter egg tracks recording
                      Sir hbt,

I have been searching everywhere and done everything on how to switch on the 1 sec tracklog of my nuvi 855 but failed.
                      With the exception of downgrading its software in which I still am afraid to do it, I might render my a month old unit useless.
                      I know its absurd but I even tried to email Garmin about it but they never replied back.

Thanks.

Comment

Look for a menu with the title, diagnostic logging. Special menus come out by pressing certain areas. My 1470 is that way (press speedometer icon for 5 seconds) Play around with it and see what comes up.

Comment

nuvi 765T is the best because it is one of the high end products.
                          255W is low end. 855 has lower features than 765T.

Comment

Originally posted by EdC2d View Post
                            what good is a high end product if most of the features are not compatible with the map?
                            wasting money...
                            How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Originally posted by EdC2d View Post
                              Youll get moneys worth w 255w if youll using it here in Phils.
                              FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Working...
                              X