Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuvi 260 touch screen doesn't work

Hi everyone,

It was a nightmare when my nuvi 260 touch screen doesn't work at all. My nuvi got dropped due to head on collision. I tried to plug to my computer and I was able to access the drive and the nuvi still boot up to the main screen. So it means that it stilll working but only the screen got a problem.

I would like to ask if you ever got encounter this kind of issue? Someone told me that it might be a flex problem. Hope anyone can help me. thanks a lot.

Originally posted by cwiggler2009 View Post
    Hi everyone,

It was a nightmare when my nuvi 260 touch screen doesn't work at all. My nuvi got dropped due to head on collision. I tried to plug to my computer and I was able to access the drive and the nuvi still boot up to the main screen. So it means that it stilll working but only the screen got a problem.

I would like to ask if you ever got encounter this kind of issue? Someone told me that it might be a flex problem. Hope anyone can help me. thanks a lot.
    Hi cwiggler2009,

So far I didn't have that kind of experience in my Nuvi, but try to move the screen not by finger tip but by finger nail.
    See FAQ for Newbies below
    Click Here

Comment

Hi everyone,

You might need to replace the digitizer (aka touch screen) of your nuvi. A co-worker of mine replaced his digitizer when he accidentally pushed it too hard and it cracked. I even bought the replacement in ebay. Please see his post...http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=566

Comment

hi sir,

try to re calibrate the touch screen. i think theres instruction in the manual

HTH
        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
        - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Guys, thanks for the advice. Below are the troubleshooting steps that I did.

1. Press and hold reset button and press power until it goes to calibrating the screen. - Doesn't work.
          2. Open the device, checked flex by removing from the connector, clean connector and replug - Doesn't work.
          3. Remove the whole LCD panel to check if there is a crack on the digitizer but couldn't find any.

Since I couldn't find any signs of the possible issue, I would like to ask if garmin does have a service center in Philippines?

thanks

Comment

Since I couldn't find any signs of the possible issue, I would like to ask if garmin does have a service center in Philippines?

thanks
            no service center here.

shipping it to taiwan is your only option unfortunatly...
            How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

hi sir,

theres no service center as jan pointed out but you can maybe talk to geotech in cubao

but they will charge you
              Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
              - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Working...
              X