Attached Files

Comment

Paseo De Sta. Rosa, Laguna

Paseo, Backroads and short cuts.
      How do i get my hands on contributors map? lolz
      Attached Files

Comment

mamplasan sta rosa cabuyao tracks

hi here are some updated mamplasan-sta rosa-cabuyao tracks from the last one i posted

i also copied streets from google mapmaker to help in naming them
        its is however in jpg format as its just a screen capture
        hope it helps though...
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by travelbug View Post
          hi here are some updated mamplasan-sta rosa-cabuyao tracks from the last one i posted

i also copied streets from google mapmaker to help in naming them
          its is however in jpg format as its just a screen capture
          hope it helps though...
          How come i cant view the pics and the attachments?

Comment

Originally posted by paullex View Post
            How come i cant view the pics and the attachments?

hmm i dont know. they both show up on mine...

Comment

Tracks

More contributions.. if had them done correctly.
              Attached Files

Comment

Katarungan Village streets

Streets of Katarungan Village beside Ayala Alabang Village in Muntinlupa City.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by paullex View Post
                  More contributions.. if had them done correctly.
                  Thanks! Some of the tracks are not yet in the current map-- good.

Next time I hope you can compare your data with the demo map (via mapsource) and remove tracks that are already existing (duplicates). This will make compiling uploads easier. You should only duplicate tracks when what you are uploading is a correction or a higher resolution track than what is already in the map.

Comment

Damar Village

here's some road missing in 1.03
                    Attached Files

Comment

Monte Maria Sanctuary

Road going to the Sanctuary at Monte Maria. The Sanctuary is still being constructed and the road is still unpaved but passable to vehicles
                      Attached Files
                      Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
                      I took the one less traveled by,
                      And that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Comment

Originally posted by amf View Post
                        Thanks! Some of the tracks are not yet in the current map-- good.

Next time I hope you can compare your data with the demo map (via mapsource) and remove tracks that are already existing (duplicates). This will make compiling uploads easier. You should only duplicate tracks when what you are uploading is a correction or a higher resolution track than what is already in the map.
                        Noted! I will improve my contributions. Thnx
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by paullex; 03-01-2009, 15:54.

Comment

Pasig to Blvd to East Ridge Golf

Tho those behind the development of the GPS for the Philippines and to the contributors, thank you very much. I've benefitted for the work you've done.

This is my first post and I would like to contribute something to help the development of the map.

Here are the tracks of the shortcut we take from pasig blvd ext. to east ridge golf club. This route only takes about 30 minutes on regular days.

Some of the roads are not plotted on the demo map. I could fill in the road names this week end. I still have to learn how to do it.
                          Attached Files

Comment

four routes

four routes where i encountered missing streets in my device; this is where i usually pass to avoid traffics. im not sure if this is already in your version 1.04 as i have no way of verifying

hope this is useful; im still determining what tracks is needed as contributions - is it only for Addition / Subtraction of streets? do you use it for plotting routes / shortcuts?

i have deleted some other tracks as i do not know if you need verification of your existing map streets
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by robie; 03-03-2009, 15:23. Reason: changed attachment for correct settings (off road)

Comment

Originally posted by robie View Post
                              four routes where i encountered missing streets in my device; this is where i usually pass to avoid traffics. im not sure if this is already in your version 1.04 as i have no way of verifying

hope this is useful; im still determining what tracks is needed as contributions - is it only for Addition / Subtraction of streets? do you use it for plotting routes / shortcuts?

i have deleted some other tracks as i do not know if you need verification of your existing map streets
                              There is a way of verifying... please download the demo map v1.03 and open in Mapsource. What road map version are you using now? If it's not the current updated one, you can't use that as basis to check if what you are tracking/mapping is in the updated map or not...

Data needed for contribution are those not yet in the map v1.03... could be tracks like street shortcuts, addition (of streets not in the map), deletion of non-existent streets (that are in the map but not in the field), naming of streets, or tracks of better resolution, and of course waypoints/POI's). These contributions/updated data will all be incorporated in the next next release (v1.05?) and will make for a better and more accurate road map...

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
                                There is a way of verifying... please download the demo map v1.03 and open in Mapsource. What road map version are you using now? If it's not the current updated one, you can't use that as basis to check if what you are tracking/mapping is in the updated map or not...

Data needed for contribution are those not yet in the map v1.03... could be tracks like street shortcuts, addition (of streets not in the map), deletion of non-existent streets (that are in the map but not in the field), naming of streets, or tracks of better resolution, and of course waypoints/POI's). These contributions/updated data will all be incorporated in the next next release (v1.05?) and will make for a better and more accurate road map...
                                i compared it to v1.03 in my PC but i was being cautious as the thread is titled "... for version 1.05"

thanks for making the demo map available. you guys have contributed alot.

how are shortcuts appreciated? can we set fixed routes? i thought the device calculates its route based on shorter distance, faster time or off road only... hmmm... seems i need to read my manual.
                                Last edited by robie; 03-02-2009, 20:25.

Comment

Working...
                                X