Mobile XT crashes on POI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobile XT crashes on POI

Hello, just started here. I have successfully installed Mobile XT on my Omnia and uploaded Philippine Map. I have also successfully tested it by entering a specific street name as my destination. However, whenever I go to POI and choose any categories (ie. Food & Drink, etc), it crashes with errors like

'ERROR: Assert failed at CDP_StaticListField.cpp : 412 in Garmin Mobile XT with error 0'

I know the POIs are loaded since I can see them in 'View Map' option and can find them if I spell the name (sometimes, it does not crash). It seems it can't locate it.

Has anybody encountered and find a resolution to this. Please help.

The version I am using is Garmin Mobile XT ver 5.0020ws
    My phone is a Samsung Omnia running
    Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
    Windows Mobile CE OS 5.2.20270

I have it installed on my storage card for lack of space in memory. I am guessing it is trying to look for it and can't find the info.

Incidentally, in Mapsource, should all the existing POIs appear on the Waypoints tab? Because, in mine it does not, no categories, no POIs, but I do can search for them.

Everything seems to work except POIs. I have a feeling, I am missing something.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by fhmanas View Post
    Hello, just started here. I have successfully installed Mobile XT on my Omnia and uploaded Philippine Map. I have also successfully tested it by entering a specific street name as my destination. However, whenever I go to POI and choose any categories (ie. Food & Drink, etc), it crashes with errors like

'ERROR: Assert failed at CDP_StaticListField.cpp : 412 in Garmin Mobile XT with error 0'

I know the POIs are loaded since I can see them in 'View Map' option and can find them if I spell the name (sometimes, it does not crash). It seems it can't locate it.

Has anybody encountered and find a resolution to this. Please help.

The version I am using is Garmin Mobile XT ver 5.0020ws
    My phone is a Samsung Omnia running
    Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
    Windows Mobile CE OS 5.2.20270

I have it installed on my storage card for lack of space in memory. I am guessing it is trying to look for it and can't find the info.

Incidentally, in Mapsource, should all the existing POIs appear on the Waypoints tab? Because, in mine it does not, no categories, no POIs, but I do can search for them.

Everything seems to work except POIs. I have a feeling, I am missing something.

Thanks in advance.
    hi.
    are you using roadguide std map?
    in mapsource, POIs from map will not appear in waypoints tab.
    only those recorded will be shown.
    FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I am using the standard Roadguide Map ver 1.07 to start with.

Comment

My apologies for the long post.

Here is what my error log looks like:
        Attached Files
        Last edited by fhmanas; 06-03-2010, 10:00. Reason: Attached the error log instead.

Comment

Try re-installing your XT. Afaik, there are no updates for wince Xt unlike those for Symbian so there might be more bugs in this older wince versions of XT.

Btw, what do you mean when you say "existing POIs"? Do you mean those that are in the map already? Those that are already in the map will not appear in the waypoints tab unless you double click them (in the map) using the waypoints tool. HTH

Comment

I'm also using Garmin XT on a dopod, it's a memory hog and will crash occassionally, but I have never encountered your error.

Some suggestions are:

1. Reinstall Garmin xt to internal memory, not into the card. The maps can reside in the card, but the main app performs better when in the internal memory.

2. Free up internal memory, if you can't choose which apps to delete, uninstall then reinstall them to your card instead. Garmin XT requires a lot of free internal memory.

3. Avoid multitasking when using garmin, makes sure other apps are closed, better yet perform a soft reset before launching garmin. You can also use sktools to see which apps, are automatically started in the background when it boots up, some of these can be disabled to free up ram.

Comment

I'm using now my HP Ipaq hw6965 with GPS and had installed Garmin Mobile XT and it works fine. Now when I load the 1.13e contributors map using Mapsource v.6.15.7 and send to my HP Ipaq GPS device, the mapsource said that 'the data was successfully sent'. When I check it in my ipaq, the message appeared when I run the Garmin XT "Can't unlock maps using Unit id 3372455".

Pls. note that the Mapsource v.6.15.7 that I am using is the same mapsource that I used in my nuvi 780 GPS.

My HP Ipaq hw6956 is a Pocket PC phone with GPS. The Garmin Mobile XT is currently working.

So what shall I do to trouble shoot this probelm. Should I install another map source on different PC and then load the MAP there? Can the Mapsource of my PC will allocate only one GPS unit or multiple unit?
              Pls. help.
              TIA

Comment

Originally posted by EdC2d View Post
                When I check it in my ipaq, the message appeared when I run the Garmin XT "Can't unlock maps using Unit id 3372455".
                map unlock codes are device/unit specific. if the unid id that you gave to "the judge" was for a unit other than your ipaq, then the unlock code given to you won't work for that ipaq.

you can try to request for another unlock code for your ipaq.
                got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

success, after several restarts and reinstalls, I finally figured it out. The Samsung Omnia is a Pocket PC and not a Smartphone . I just ran QuePPC.exe file instead of QueSP.exe and everything is a-ok.

I knew I was just missing something.

I will play with it a while then try to learn how to contribute to this great project.

Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by legtu View Post
                    map unlock codes are device/unit specific. if the unid id that you gave to "the judge" was for a unit other than your ipaq, then the unlock code given to you won't work for that ipaq.

you can try to request for another unlock code for your ipaq.
                    Thanks Legtu I had already done it 3days back. My ipaq on garmin XT is working now.

Comment

Working...
                    X