Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: How to get an unlock code and contributors map. Revised January 2009.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Doomsville
    Posts
    5,022
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 227 Times in 31 Posts

    Default How to get an unlock code and contributors map. Revised January 2009.

    after you have submitted your contribution send a pm to me with your gps id in the subject of the message.
    please copy paste the link of your contribution (IF YOUR PM DOES NOT CONTAIN THE LINKS, WE MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO REPLY) so it can be checked
    ....

    hope this is clear...

    In order for your data to be considered as "upgrade worthy", it must be not yet in the map.
    For the latest version, download the demo map. If your data is not there, it's good. If it is, your tracks better be of a better resolution.

    hope this is even clearer

    Revision January 2009

    As i am a seaman and will go back on board in the near future, i will not be able to process any unlock codes.
    Please send all your unlock requests to THE JUDGE who shall review and judge them and in due time revert with an unlock code if your data is "upgrade worthy".
    Please bear in mind that this might up to 2 weeks in a worst case scenario. Hopefully all request should be handled and taken care of within a week. Hope you all understand.


    So in short: please do not pm me anymore for unlock codes as I wont be here to receive and process them. thanks for understanding

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


    It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

  2. #2
    John Ryan's Avatar
    John Ryan is offline Contributor Nuvi 255W; Garmin C320; eTrex Vista; Garmin SPIII 6210
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Street Pilot 2610 Unit ID: 2262370614

    Hi Jan,

    Great Idea! now we have a forum for contributors. I was wondering when you'll come up with the next big update on the maps.
    Last edited by John Ryan; 12-12-2008 at 09:09. Reason: read the newbies forum, already covered

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Doomsville
    Posts
    5,022
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 227 Times in 31 Posts

    Default

    policy revised. pls read first post

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


    It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I have two GPS units. Is the unlock code specific and tied to the unit or can I use the same contributors map to both GPS?

    -Lex

    Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    after you have submitted your contribution send a pm to me with your gps id in the subject of the message.
    please copy paste the link of your contribution so it can be checked....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Doomsville
    Posts
    5,022
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 227 Times in 31 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LGMan View Post
    I have two GPS units. Is the unlock code specific and tied to the unit or can I use the same contributors map to both GPS?

    -Lex
    the code is specific to the unit, if you contribute enough you will get 2 codes.
    gotta ask nicely though

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


    It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Soon enough Sir Jan. I'm just compiling them and uploading at the same time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    the code is specific to the unit, if you contribute enough you will get 2 codes.
    gotta ask nicely though

  7. #7
    albino45 Guest

    Default Gps id

    Sir Jan,

    I'm a newbie and would like to ask where I could find my GPS ID. I am using a HTC Diamond with Garmin Mobile XT on it.

    Thanks!

  8. #8
    madman is offline Junior Member Garmin eTrex Vista Cx Handheld GPS Navigator
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Metro-Manila
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Hello. I've had a Garmin eTrex Vista for a couple of years now. And I'm raring to contribute my waypoints, even just so much as to be of help to other GPS users here in the Philippines.

    May I ask how would I know if a waypoint has already been contributed? I wouldn't want to seem redundant with my input.

  9. #9
    amf is offline Major Contributor GMPC/Nuvi 360 for Navigation, iPhone 3G/BB 8900/nRoute for Tracking
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    309
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Hello. I've had a Garmin eTrex Vista for a couple of years now. And I'm raring to contribute my waypoints, even just so much as to be of help to other GPS users here in the Philippines.

    May I ask how would I know if a waypoint has already been contributed? I wouldn't want to seem redundant with my input.
    Download mapsource and the demo map. You can then check the demo map about the existence or non-existence of a poi or track.

    Thanks.

  10. #10
    madman is offline Junior Member Garmin eTrex Vista Cx Handheld GPS Navigator
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Metro-Manila
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amf View Post
    Download mapsource and the demo map. You can then check the demo map about the existence or non-existence of a poi or track.

    Thanks.
    Ahh. Okay. I apologize for my ignorance. I shall incorporate the demo map with my MapSource as soon as I can. Thanks.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
No spam or b.s. wanted needed nor tolerated. No links to cracks / hacks /keygens allowed.
Break any of those simple rules and get banned asap.