need help with my 760's touchscreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help with my 760's touchscreen

when i turn my nuvi on, most of the screen wont register my 'touch'. i have tried screen calibration, but it wont work when it cant detect when i'm pressing. how or where can i get it fixed?

Your problem maybe over by now but just in case I can only guess for the reasons:
    1. There is a crack in your digitizer somewhere. Digitizer is the touch sensitive part of the screen.
    2. The ribbon cable connected from the digitizer to the board in your gps is loose or corroded
    3. The worst, the digital circuit which interprets the signal from the digitizer is busted.

You can send it back to garmin for repair, ask your reseller about it. This is an expensive option but a sure way to fix it. Or you can gamble on opening the unit and check the connection yourself (or go to any electronic shops you prefer) . Look for crack on the digitizer. Even a small crack especially on the edge of it can render it useless. Disconnect the ribbon cable, clean it then reconnect it. If these didn't fix your problem then it maybe board related which needs replacement.
    I just replaced my digitizer because i broke it

Comment

Working...
    X