Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have you guys tried using the working FW? downgrade to this FW if need be?
    Last edited by B2Bomber; 09-05-2010, 17:22.
    ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

Guys, we have so many members here with different Nuvi units, maybe we can start a poll to learn which units are confirmed to have 1sec or easter egg feature, and then we can make a database for it, so that we wont' have to ask over and over again

I realize this because I am trying check to see if my friend's Nuvi 225W has 1sec track feature or not, but searching our forum leads me to a wild goose chase

Is there a poll feature or should we just start a new thread so that all the members can just chime in, then I will collect and report the information?

TTFN
      ARvin
      Last edited by arvin555; 10-28-2010, 18:50.

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
        Guys, we have so many members here with different Nuvi units, maybe we can start a poll to learn which units are confirmed to have 1sec or easter egg feature, and then we can make a database for it, so that we wont' have to ask over and over again

I realize this because I am trying check to see if my friend's Nuvi 225W has 1sec track feature or not, but searching our forum leads me to a wild goose chase

Is there a poll feature or should we just start a new thread so that all the members can just chime in, then I will collect and report the information?

TTFN
        ARvin
        hi kuya. perhaps this would help
        nuvi that are capable of 1 second tracks aka easter egg

however, also read posts starting post #254 onwards of this thread for additional info why some units might still have problems.

Comment

Thanks Kuya Doki, didn't see this

Will try to come up with a draft, hopefully someone can post it in the front of this 1sec track topic for quick reference

Still need more updating though as we should also (as you mentioned) clarify the need for Firmware updates on some of the models.

TTFN
          Arvin

Comment

while i was fixing a friend's unit (nuvi 1200). i discovered this.
            maybe this will help those who can activate their 1-sec track but cannot extract because they cannot find their logs folder despite setting the windows to show hidden files.

DRIVE H: may vary depending on what drive letter your garmin will appear on your windows.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

then use wnutrak. well since i'm already showing it, might as well include the process.

5.jpg

6.jpg

go to your output folder. click gpx file to verify 1-sec track

and here's the output

4.jpg

oh. btw, HWID is 0971.

those with HWID 1091, pls do try this if this will work. thanks.

hope this helps.
            Last edited by doki; 10-16-2013, 07:27.

Comment

tried above post by doki during last eb on stir's nuvi 1460 and it was a success!
              FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Does not work with my 255W bought 2010.

Comment

I have tried activating that unit prior to arrival of Master Reiji but was futile,good I pass on to him the unit and after few minutes viola.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

Comment

tracklog feature on nuvi 255W and 1350

Originally posted by Walter View Post
                    Does not work with my 255W bought 2010.
                    same here.. won't work for 255W with HWID 1091..

1350 is OK.. it also has an option to save the track directly in .gpx file, which can be found in E:\.System\Logs\gpx folder

Comment

Doki,

Thank you very much for your post. Have been racking my brain trying to look for the log folder in my 1350. I can see the files using the unit's delete track feature but cannot find them from my computer. It seems all I could do with them was delete them. even the "playback track" option was greyed out (nothing happens when clicked).

Comment

Originally posted by elx221 View Post
                        1s tracklog for 13xx series
                        press the speed on the lower right in navigation screen > press speedometer gauge for few secs > press diagnostic logging >
                        done this in 1370t, i think this will work in other 1xxx series HTH
                        It is working for me! My unit is nuvi 1450, I can start recording track now. Thanks!

Comment

Is Mine HWID

Mine says:
                          <Model>
                          <PartNumber>006-B1091-00</PartNumber>
                          <SoftwareVersion>630</SoftwareVersion>
                          <Description>nüvi 255W</Description>
                          Is this HWID? I'm not finding a debug folder.

Rocky
                          Originally posted by elkabong View Post
                          Open the GarminDevice.xml file in your Nuvi Garmin folder using any Internet browser.
                          Find these text - usually at the start of the listing.

<Model>
                          <PartNumber>006-B0932-00</PartNumber>
                          <SoftwareVersion>260</SoftwareVersion>
                          <Description>nüvi 205W</Description>
                          </Model>

The B0932 number listed at the PartNumber is the HWID, in this case it is 0932 for the Taiwan Nuvi 205W.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by chiefmizer View Post
                            Mine says:
                            <Model>
                            <PartNumber>006-B1091-00</PartNumber>
                            <SoftwareVersion>630</SoftwareVersion>
                            <Description>nüvi 255W</Description>
                            Is this HWID? I'm not finding a debug folder.

Rocky
                            kuya rocky,
                            try to attend the EB at cebu. maybe we can find a solution. (maybe)
                            Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                            - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Sorry for my ignorance

When and where is the EB?

Thanks

Rocky

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                              kuya rocky,
                              try to attend the EB at cebu. maybe we can find a solution. (maybe)

Comment

Not working

Thanks Doki for your help, but all I get is errors. Tried it in XP and Vista. What is the EB that some have mentioned?

VR

Rocky

Originally posted by doki View Post
                                while i was fixing a friend's unit (nuvi 1200). i discovered this.
                                maybe this will help those who can activate their 1-sec track but cannot extract because they cannot find their logs folder despite setting the windows to show hidden files.

then use wnutrak. well since i'm already showing it, might as well include the process.

go to your output folder. click gpx file to verify 1-sec track

and here's the output

oh. btw, HWID is 0971.

those with HWID 1091, pls do try this if this will work. thanks.

hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                                X