Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the track log of my almost 2-hour joy ride while doing some ocular visits to some resorts in Antipolo City. Had uncovered some new roads along the way.
    Attached Files

Comment

Recorded 1s-track from Antipolo to Pasig.
      Attached Files

Comment

Garmin nuvi 255W

Sorry Sir for late reply,I used my new garmin nuvi 255W.Thanks

Originally posted by hbt View Post
        hi sir edu,

may we know what garmin you are using to trace this

Comment

Add new tracks in Cebu

Mountain roads in Consolacion and Liloan.
          Attached Files
          Experiencia Docet

Comment

Originally posted by joshuap View Post
            I find it difficult to see what's lacking if these tracks do not make it to the next map version because the recorded tracks cannot be uploaded back into the GPS, thus I have no way of knowing if the street I might come across with is already recorded. (BTW, is there a way of doing this?)
            Hi joshuap! Yes there's a way. A track can be uploaded back to your GPS (as long as it's a handheld like the Etrex or the GPSMap series). I've posted a short description here http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....54&postcount=3 (don't mind the taglish as this was posted before the taglish rule was implemented ). Anyways, here's what you need to do:

1. Open your tracks in mapsource.
            2. Select those tracks that you want to send back to your GPSr.
            3. Edit your selected tracks by deleting all unnecessary tracks
            4. Rename your tracks for easy recall in the GPSr.
            5. For each track be sure that the number of points does not exceed 500 (max limit of the GPSr saved track). If more than 500 pts., check the properties (select track/right click track properties/filter) then select filter by 500 pts. This will truncate the track so the number of pts will not exceed 500.
            6. Be sure that number of saved tracks will not be more than 20.
            7. Connect GPSr to mapsource then click send to device/check tracks. The sent tracks will show in your GPSr as saved tracks and will appear in the map page as well.

... HTH

Comment

Stonecrest Subdivision, beside Southwoods. I dont know how to connect several route/track files so i just put the 26 files (GPX) on 1 rar file.

They are separate files so when i click on 1, the other tracks cannot be seen.
              Attached Files

Comment

I forgot to mention that Stonecrest Subdivision is 11 years old, and are all cemented roads.

Comment

Originally posted by le_stat View Post
                  Stonecrest Subdivision, beside Southwoods. I dont know how to connect several route/track files so i just put the 26 files (GPX) on 1 rar file.

They are separate files so when i click on 1, the other tracks cannot be seen.
                  if i may help,
                  open mapsource stance as master file
                  then open the rest of your files
                  on each file, click the name of the track > copy > then paste to the master file. in the end, you will see that all tracks are combined.
                  or in the simplest terms, make a simple copy-paste of the tracks from all files to 1 file.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by doki View Post
                    if i may help,
                    open mapsource stance as master file
                    then open the rest of your files
                    on each file, click the name of the track > copy > then paste to the master file. in the end, you will see that all tracks are combined.
                    or in the simplest terms, make a simple copy-paste of the tracks from all files to 1 file.

HTH

sorry but i dont understand. what is mapsource stance as master file? All i know is opening mapsource and do not find any stance or master file.

Comment

sorry but i dont understand. what is mapsource stance as master file? All i know is opening mapsource and do not find any stance or master file.
                      sorry. let me rephrase.

what you did is 1 track/trace on 1 mapsource file.
                      what you have to do is open 1 file, click the name of the track, click copy, then close that file. then open the second file, then click paste, then you will see 2 tracks now, then highlight the 2 tracks and click copy, close the file, open the third file, then click paste, you will see 3 tracks now, then highlight all 3 tracks, click copy, paste on 4th file and so on and so forth until you completed the 26 files.
                      what i mean by master file is to make a common mapsource file to paste all the tracks, in case you dont want to go thorugh the "copy-close-open next file-paste" thing

btw, you can open a blank mapsource file by going to start>all programs>garmin>mapsource
                      and you can open many mapsource windows at the same time
                      Last edited by doki; 06-28-2010, 17:24.

Comment

thank you doki. at last merged all tracks !

Proud to say that i filled in 40 hectares of blank space. I own a property here so i want the subdivision to be on the map.

So here it is... Stonecrest Subdivision. Once i get a hold of all the street names, i would upload again. Waypoints for the clubhouse, pool, etc. on the other thread.
                        Attached Files

Comment

thank you doki. at last merged all tracks !

Proud to say that i filled in 40 hectares of blank space. I own a property here so i want the subdivision to be on the map.

So here it is... Stonecrest Subdivision. Once i get a hold of all the street names, i would upload again. Waypoints for the clubhouse, pool, etc. on the other thread.
                          hi there,

did you know that your nuvi is equipt with the better resolution 1 sec. track recording aka easter egg. try to do this:http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=384&page=2
                          Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                          - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

yes hbt. i did that on the extension of 28th street in Fort Bonifacio.

This time i traced the entire subdivision using google earth and paired it with the contributors map via mapsource.

Comment

yes hbt. i did that on the extension of 28th street in Fort Bonifacio.
                              did you convert the file using wnutrack?
                              Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                              - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                                did you convert the file using wnutrack?
                                yes. but found out that the whole 28th st. is not in line with the exact location of the nuvi.

Comment

Working...
                                X