This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
    Updated our nuvi 255W from v6.0 to v6.2 just this afternoon in the hope that the recorded 1sec tracks can be extracted by wnutcracker. However still no luck, no gps.bin files show therefore no files converted to gpx by wnutcracker. Can't see the debug folder the others have been writing about & where the gps.bin file is supposed to be at. I've activated track recording & the pc win explorer set to show system & hidden files. Anybody know how i can extract them 1sec tracks from a 255W? TIA
    kuya b,
    doki was able to extract it. pointed input folder to /debug folder (its a root folder same level with /garmin).
    FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Hi guys,

Was able to use the track recording on my Nuvi 760. I was also able to convert it using WNUTRACK and open it via Mapsource.

Can I use the recorded track to be my new route from office to work (and back)? This is because the route suggested by the NUVI is a different route from what I am taking on a daily basis.

Can this be done? and how?

Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by RRM0221 View Post
        Hi guys,

Was able to use the track recording on my Nuvi 760. I was also able to convert it using WNUTRACK and open it via Mapsource.

Can I use the recorded track to be my new route from office to work (and back)? This is because the route suggested by the NUVI is a different route from what I am taking on a daily basis.

Thanks guys.
        if thats what nuvi suggested, then it will suggest same route unless you change setting.
        but heres what you can do:
        1. open track in mapsource
        2. make a route over the track
        3. upload route into nuvi

Comment

Originally posted by RRM0221 View Post
          Hi guys,

Thanks guys.
          And to add what Reiji suggest, once you become a contributor, there is a good chance that the route suggest by your nuvi will now be correct as the free map is a bit outdated (or maybe the tracks/route in your area is not yet corrected or not yet in the map) , in current map , there are continuing corrections going on, so kindly try to get the contributors status and experience the benefit of contributors map. We are willing to guide you guys once you start contributing.
          Last edited by jspalaroan; 03-13-2010, 11:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
            if thats what nuvi suggested, then it will suggest same route unless you change setting.
            but heres what you can do:
            1. open track in mapsource
            2. make a route over the track
            3. upload route into nuvi
            Hi Reiji0463,

Thanks for the feedback.

I actually followed the steps and was able to create the route over the tracks using intersections as waypoints to lessen the intervals. Now it appears as a valid route in Mapsource.

But when I tried sending the route to the Nuvi, it says that is successfully transferred but when I open the Nuvi the route I created was NOT there.

Am I missing a step?

Comment

Originally posted by jspalaroan View Post
              And to add what Reiji suggest, once you become a contributor, there is a good chance that the route suggest by your nuvi will now be correct as the free map is a bit outdated (or maybe the tracks/route in your area is not yet corrected or not yet in the map) , in current map , there are continuing corrections going on, so kindly try to get the contributors status and experience the benefit of contributors map. We are willing to guide you guys once you start contributing.
              Hi jspalaroan,

I am looking forward to becoming a contributor and getting the map. But I might need a couple more days to familiarize myself with the software and the device. This is actually a very impressive device and I would like to learn more as I go along. I am sure I have the guidance and support of experienced users like yourself. Thanks a lot for that.

Comment

Nuvi 1460 1s

Originally posted by elx221 View Post
                1s tracklog for 13xx series
                press the speed on the lower right in navigation screen > press speedometer gauge for few secs > press diagnostic logging >
                done this in 1370t, i think this will work in other 1xxx series HTH
                Hi All, Just an FYI. I have a Nuvi 1460, and I have confirmed that it has the diagnostic logging feature as elx221 has described.

The track logs are viewable using mapsource. However, not all the track points are 1s durations, there are still a handful that will be > 1s.

Comment

Originally posted by etgomez View Post
                  Hi All, Just an FYI. I have a Nuvi 1460, and I have confirmed that it has the diagnostic logging feature as elx221 has described.

The track logs are viewable using mapsource. However, not all the track points are 1s durations, there are still a handful that will be > 1s.
                  hi sir,

just to confirm, can you please trace it at full signal bars, convert it and then see the leg time.

thanks
                  Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                  - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                    hi sir,

just to confirm, can you please trace it at full signal bars, convert it and then see the leg time.

thanks
                    try it in a clear area. no tall bldgs, trees, etc.

Comment

Hi HBT, Reiji,

Attached is my track log for today. I recorded it using the diagnostic logging feature on my nuvi 1460. I have a lot more 1s intervals with this one than the regular track log, but still not all are 1s intervals. Please have a look if this is something that can be useful. Diagnostic logging started somewhere around index 33.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi HBT, Reiji,

Attached is my track log for today. I recorded it using the diagnostic logging feature on my nuvi 1460. I have a lot more 1s intervals with this one than the regular track log, but still not all are 1s intervals. Please have a look if this is something that can be useful. Diagnostic logging started somewhere around index 33.
                        No good. It's stuck on road.

Comment

yes... i agree leg time is not 1s and try to uncheck stick on road

request for other member who have 4 digits nuvi.

can somebody submit 1s tracks recording so that we can compare

thanks peeps
                          Last edited by hbt; 04-11-2010, 23:46.
                          Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                          - Bruce Lee

Comment

Here's the step by step instructions to get to the Diagnostic Logging screen on the Nuvi 1460

1. Start at the main screen, and go to view map:

2. In Map view, click on the speed display on the lower right hand corner

3. In Speedometer view, touch and hold the center of the speedometer for about 10 seconds.

4. Once the "Diagnostics Page" screen comes up, select the Diagnostic Logging option

5. In the "Engineering Mode:Logging Control" screen, select Start Recording to start logging your tracks.

6. A stop button will appear on the map, click it to stop the diagnostic logging

There you have it, I hope this helps.

Comment

Hi HBT, Reiji,

Does'nt look very usefull I'm afraid!?
                              Questions? Check Out The: "HOW TO"

Comment

hi sir,

can you try to record with the stick to road uncheck

thanks
                                - Bruce Lee

Comment

Working...
                                X