X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garmin Gpsmap 60csx

Here's my improvised multipurpose straps
    Attached Files

Nice! I have a touratech motorcycle mount on mine, will take a photo and post. I love this GPS but have a problem with the altimeter inside pressurized cabins, is there a way to set it to Satelite altimeter?
    http://davao-uas.com/

Comment

Ops, i don't know how to.

any gurus here? help.

Comment

Wohoooo! Just got my 60CSx yesterday!!! Installed the roadguide map last night and explored the unit to the max. It's very user friendly as they say it is in the net reviews. Coming from an Etrex vista and an 76S, I must say that this may be the best handheld i've ever got my hands on. Got me also a 2GB MC, a bike mount, a RAM handlebar mount, and a USB car charger. I intend to test which mount is best for my MTB.

Btw, for 60CSx users, I tried to do a navigation simulation in demo mode but can't seem to get it going. Any tips?

Got me a BT GPS10x as well for my N73! Tested it this morning and the 10X gets a sat. fix pronto. My only gripe is that the N73 is a tad too slow in re-calculating when you go off-route. But then again, the N73 wasn't designed for navigation softwares, and sometimes it even takes a while for it to respond when browsing the menus. I also got the 10x to work with Mobile PC in my laptop. But not yet with NRoute...

Comment

updates: was able to make the GPS10x work with NRoute by letting the USB bluetooth adaptor detect first the BT GPS before opening NRoute. It then assigned a COM number for the 10x for both incoming/outgoing. With Mobile PC, it detected the 10x outright after i plugged in the USB adaptor... the 60CSx (para hindi o.t.) will also work fine with NRoute but not with Mobile PC.

Comment

Congratulations on your new 60CSx!

Mind sharing where and how much you got it? I'm torn between the 60CSx and Colorado units.

Thanks!

Comment

A good friend vacationing in the US bought it for me from amazon.com, free shipping to his US address. Items were handcarried home to the PI. Amazon.com has the best rates and some items, if more than $25, they will ship for free to any US address. Thanks to Jan for directing me to Amazon.com . Check out their prices, it fluctuates from time to time. I was able to get mine at a very good price last December.

Comment

Originally posted by amf View Post
                I'm torn between the 60CSx and Colorado units.
                I haven't handled a Colorado 400t yet but according to its specs, there's a 3D map view and a built-in worldwide basemap with shaded relief. But i doubt if you can maximize its features if you use it here, there being no detailed topo maps available for our handhelds. But priced a hundred $$$ more than the 60CSx, is it bang for the buck? The 60CSx has the most and best GPS user reviews... that clinched it for me. Good luck in your search.

Comment

Originally posted by amf View Post
                  Congratulations on your new 60CSx!

Mind sharing where and how much you got it? I'm torn between the 60CSx and Colorado units.

Thanks!
                  I spent a couple months comparing between the 60CSx, Colorado and Oregon units and ended up getting the 60CSx. Maps aren't very important to me especially since it will be used exclusively offroad. I wanted something accurate and according to other users out there, nothing beats the tried and true 60CSx. My main use for it is to mark waypoints and to be able to navigate back to those waypoints.

The Colorado is a nice unit, the screen resolution is pretty amazing but from what i've seen the backlight is pretty dim compared to the 60CSx. I have also heard that the Colorado is less intuitive to use and navigating the menus can be a pain.

If you are going to use the GPS mainly for the PI you can't go wrong with either and maybe after a topo map is created for the PI it'll be really nice on the Colorado.

here in the states you can get the 60CSx for $275USD and a Colorado 300 with only US maps for $311USD on amazon.com.

good luck on picking one out! sometimes you just have to dive in...

Comment

Thanks for the information!

Comment

hahaha my wife relented and let me buy a gpsmap 60csx! the only reason she let me buy it was it was 0% for 6 months to pay (but the price was high).

i hope to contribute as soon as i get a hang of it. i'm a total noob!

Comment

Fishing with 60csx

I get my handheld GPS in korea. there is no much choice.
                        I use my 60csx mainly for fishing trip.
                        so far I am happy to use it.

Comment

my first gps device is a ipaq 6515 smartphone.. then i got a garmin etrex yellow which became my companion for geocaching.. visit www.geocaching.com

later i upgraded to gpsmap60csx...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X