Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuvi 200

Hello!

First of all I want to congratulate the developers of this site. Its a great project and I'm 100% supporting it.

Anyway, I'm using a Nuvi 200, its the basic entry level GPS of Garmin. Its pretty straightfoward and handy to use. I did a hack on the nuvi 200 wherein I could record tracks. If I'm lucky would like to upgrade to a 260 which has Text to speech function.

Nuvi track recording

Hi,

I use a nuvi 360 would the hack made on your nuvi 200 to enable track recording work on the 360?

Thanks.

Ben

Comment

i don't think that would work since the hack is specifically for the nuvi 200

Comment

Hi Sir!

I also got a Nuvi 200. I also would like to record tracks on my nuvi so that i can contribute to the mapping community. Thanks!

Originally posted by wilfy819 View Post
        Hello!

First of all I want to congratulate the developers of this site. Its a great project and I'm 100% supporting it.

Anyway, I'm using a Nuvi 200, its the basic entry level GPS of Garmin. Its pretty straightfoward and handy to use. I did a hack on the nuvi 200 wherein I could record tracks. If I'm lucky would like to upgrade to a 260 which has Text to speech function.

Comment

hello i have just bought mine also ....

wanna help out the community

after christmas i'll be in baguio for some r&r ...... hope to check the map also there

errr .... how to i transfer the waypoint file to my garmin? sorry at ot

Comment

Hi everyone! I have been using my Garmin Nuvi 205 for almost a month already. From what I've read, besides being able to save tracks, the 205 is almost the same as the 200. I'm still learning how to use mapsource and hope to contribute tracks to the community in the near future. I'm currently working on supplying the names for the streets (with traffic flow directions) in Batangas City (my hometown) and provide the tracks for the Star Toll extension from Lipa City to Batangas City.
            Last edited by matanglawin; 12-14-2008, 12:28.

Comment

Originally posted by matanglawin View Post
              Hi everyone! I have been using my Garmin Nuvi 205 for almost a month already. From what I've read, besides being able to save tracks, the 205 is almost the same as the 200. I'm still learning how to use mapsource and hope to contribute tracks to the community in the near future. I'm currently working on supplying the names for the streets (with traffic flow directions) in Batangas City (my hometown) and provide the tracks for the Star Toll extension from Lipa City to Batangas City.
              please check the demo version. you'll see the star extension has been incorporated already!
              as for the batangas namin of streets! Great! Need any help, ask! check the how to forum first!
              How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Street Search in Nüvi 200w

Hi Folks,

first of all "Hello" and congratulations to this nice new Forum.

I have a little problem, what I could not understand. Maybe I do somethign wrong, what's new for me.

I downloaded the contributors map 1.02 , I mean the demo and the patch, unlocked the map in my Mapsource and transfered it to my Nüvi. But unlikely the Street Search function is not working, the Nüvi asks me to enter State/Province? What's wrong with my doing?

THX
                AsiaDriver

PS: If I select the old 5.17 map the Street Search is working!
                Last edited by AsiaDriver; 12-15-2008, 18:15.

Comment

must work. it's working here (nuvi 710, 360, mobilext, 276).
                  check following thread: http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthrea...sted=1#post137

if not working, please post screenshots

Comment

Hi again,

look here, I just took screenshots from the steps... if I enable the old map it's working fine...have really no idea, else I would not ask. Maybe I should remove the old maps.

cu /C
                    Attached Files

Comment

yes please try again with the old version removed (osm map aswell)

Comment

jope, problem solved, already before I read your solution I deleted the old maps and there's no more problem. Sorry for disturbing you but so we learned again. I will try out, which map was the bad boy? ;-)

But by the way, it's an interesting problem, cause before with the old map I had no problem, even with the OSM map activated together with the Roadguide map. I will try a bit more. Maybe because the other maps where all together in the units gmapsupp file, and the new map came from SD card. Let's see.
                        Last edited by AsiaDriver; 12-15-2008, 21:15.

Comment

why you would want to have the phil routable 5.17 and roadguide.ph together is the real question though as the latter is an update and hence better than the previous...
                          no point having almost two the same maps on your unit...

Comment

Of course, that's no question, I am just the one who wonder why the street search doesn't work in this constellation. But I found it, it's just the problem of the SD card. If all the maps are in one file, it works. I'm doing this, cause I like to overlay my topo map from OSM data on the Roadguide map, looks nice and I got used of it.

Comment

ah ok, glad it works. topo map eh, have one of those as well, must only figure out where to host it as it is 100mb+... 10meter interval all philippines.

Comment

Working...
                              X