Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuvi 360

My first post.

I have a Nuvi 360 and the Phil map works fine. I use Macs so I am finding it difficult to use Mapsource.

My 360 comes preloaded with the Phil and City Navigator North American 2008 maps which was uploaded via Windows so when I use RoadTrip, the loaded maps doesn't show up. Is that assumption correct?

When I registered my Nuvi I was given the option of upgrading the north American 2008 maps to 2009 for free. I have already downloaded the upgrade (Mac version) and if I load it to my Nuvi, will it erase the Phil map or just upgrade the American one?

Thanks and I hope to learn from you guys about contributing to this mapping project!

No, it will not erase your America map, just back up your card before installing new maps.

download the Phil standard map, and you'll be happy with it.

Comment

i also plan to get a 360 very soon. i just want some feedback on its ease of use, accuracy. thanks

Comment

what is the latest firmware for the nuvi 360? mine came with 4.70.

Comment

Originally posted by amf View Post
          My first post.

I have a Nuvi 360 and the Phil map works fine. I use Macs so I am finding it difficult to use Mapsource.

My 360 comes preloaded with the Phil and City Navigator North American 2008 maps which was uploaded via Windows so when I use RoadTrip, the loaded maps doesn't show up. Is that assumption correct?

When I registered my Nuvi I was given the option of upgrading the north American 2008 maps to 2009 for free. I have already downloaded the upgrade (Mac version) and if I load it to my Nuvi, will it erase the Phil map or just upgrade the American one?

Thanks and I hope to learn from you guys about contributing to this mapping project!
          i downloaded (at least try to) the free update. due to the big file size (2.7GB), i've been downloading it for almost 2 days. after 2.5GB, a fatal error occured, have to start over again.

question now is if i can borrow a copy, can i just use the unloack code given to me by the website to install in my nuvi 200?

thanks in advance.

Comment

Ive too have the Garmin nuvi 360, brought it to manila earlier this year Jan through end of feb.

I need to give props to you guys, coz this thing worked like a charm for the most part, although I may need to read up on contributing updates to the map.

Here's my issue....

Was able to "obtain" an update disk for the 2009 Garmin City Navigator North America NT.

I followed the instructions and it seemed to have updated my maps.

The problem is, I cant seem to get the gmapsupp.img recognized anymore...

I previously just had to copy it under the /Garmin directory.

Any thoughts on what I should do? i still have the old gmapsup

Comment

k.. just a follow up...

figured out the problem..

I had to run jklinc executable to insert the gmasupp image file into the registry.

After doing this, the Garmin 2009 update makes use of "MapInstall".

After running jklinc, the Philippine map was added to the list of maps that can be sent to the garmin.

After the grueling 1 or so hours of sending the maps to the Garmin, the philippine map is now available in my nuvi 360.

Yeeeay!!!!

Just wanted to share this with you all..

Comment

Working...
              X