WINTEC WBT-201 G-Rays 2, Blootooth GPS Logger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WINTEC WBT-201 G-Rays 2, Blootooth GPS Logger

Whilst the Nokia N95 8GB does indeed have built in GPS, I did not want to strap that to the handlebars of my Yamaha XT 225 and have it damaged by vibration and getting wet if it rained.

I bought a WINTEC G-Rays 2 WBT-201 Bluetooth GPS logger

The Easy Install silicon wrap can be attached the handle or body of the bike to secure small objects such as GPS, flash light, or cell phone.

Product Description:
    WBT-201 is the 2nd generation data logger from Wintec. It is now updated with Atmel-uBlox ATR 0625 chipset to provide excellent sensitivity at -158dBm and 40mA low operating current. In addition, WAAS is now enabled out of box for better accuracy. The new auto on/off mode turns the unit to stand-by mode when there is no Bluetooth activity during navigtion mode. If the unit is in logging mode, then only Bluetooth will turn off.

WBT-201 is a multi-function Bluetooth GPS data logger in an ultra compact form factor. The stand-alone track recording function is independent from any host and can be operated with Bluetooth off. The recorded track can be configured and even uploaded to Google Earth automatically with the bundled GPS utility.

Bluetooth GPS
    WBT-201 takes advantage of the Bluetooth wireless technology to offer hassle free installation on a Bluetooth enabled PDA, laptop and even smart phone.

USB GPS
    WBT-201 has on-board USB for using GPS in real-time through USB connection. The USB interface can also be used for data download or firmware upgrade.

Data Logger
    WBT-201 can record up to 131,072 waypoints. The data string includes timing, latitude, and longitude. The recorded track can be downloaded by Bluetooth or mini-USB and uploaded to Google Earth with bundled utility for viewing and analysis. In addition, the new TimeMachine X software can now combine photos into Google Earth.

Data Logger Specification: 1. New! Push-to-log for user-addable log pint

2. Maximum data up to 131,072 waypoints

3. Circular recording

4. Auto-logging without host device

5. Log-data can be downloaded with the included TimeMachine X software

6. Google Earth integration

7. Data can be downloaded thru USB or Bluetooth

8. Data includes latitude, longitude, time in year-month-date-min-sec

9. Five types for log mode Disable Logger mode
    # Log by interval of time mode
    # Log by interval of range mode
    # Auto log mode (auto-change log interval based on speed)
    # Push-to-log

GPS Specification: 1. Chipset : Atmel-uBlox ATR 0625

2. Channel : 16 Channel parallel satellite tracking

3. Time to First Fix (TTFF) : < Average 3.5/34 sec. (Hot/Cold start)

4. Antenna : Built-in active antenna

5. Output Message : NMEA 0183 (GPRMC, GPGGA, GPGSA, GPGSV)

6. Accuracy : < 2.5m CEP(Stand-Alone, S/A off)

7. Sensitivity: -158dBm tracking, -142dBm acquisition

8. Battery Life : 12hrs with Bluetooth; 15hrs w/o Bluetooth

9. Dimension : 60 x 38 x 16 mm (W x L x H)

Product Content:
    Wintec WBT-201 Bluetooth Data Logger GPS Receiver x 1

Battery x 1

AC Charger x 1

Car Charger x 1

Data Cable x 1

CD x 1

Support Information:
    # Download Google Earth
    # Download User Manual
    # Download Time Machine X (Windows XP)
    # Download USB Driver (Windows)
    # GPSBabel with WBT-201 beta patch for Mac OS provided by Andy Armstrong
    Last edited by Britster; 08-19-2009, 13:23.

WBT-201 Bluetooth GPS Logger

Wintec WBT-201 Bluetooth GPS Logger

Actual size image!

WBT-201: Wintec WBT-201 Bluetooth Data Logger GPS Receiver (Auto on/off, WAAS, Bluetooth, USB, Push to Log, Data Logger with Google Earth Integration)
    by Wintec

Price: $89.95 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.

In Stock.
    Sold by Semsons & Co., Inc. and Fulfilled by Amazon.

Product Description:

WBT-201 is the 2nd generation data logger from Wintec. It is now updated with Atmel-uBlox ATR 0625 chipset to provide excellent sensitivity at -158dBm and 40mA low operating current. In addition, WAAS is now enabled out of box for better accuracy. The new auto on/off mode turns the unit to stand-by mode when there is no Bluetooth activity during navigtion mode. If the unit is in logging mode, then only Bluetooth will turn off.

WBT-201
    is a multi-function Bluetooth GPS data logger in an ultra compact form factor. The stand-alone track recording function is independent from any host and can be operated with Bluetooth off. The recorded track can be configured and even uploaded to Google Earth automatically with the bundled GPS utility.

Bluetooth GPS
    WBT-201 takes advantage of the Bluetooth wireless technology to offer hassle free installation on a Bluetooth enabled PDA, laptop and even smart phone.

USB GPS
    WBT-201 has on-board USB for using GPS in real-time through USB connection. The USB interface can also be used for data download or firmware upgrade.

Data Logger
    WBT-201 can record up to 131,072 waypoints. The data string includes timing, latitude, and longitude. The recorded track can be downloaded by Bluetooth or mini-USB and uploaded to Google Earth with bundled utility for viewing and analysis. In addition, the new TimeMachine X software can now combine photos into Google Earth.
    http://www.wintec.com.tw/en/Products/gps/wbt_201.html

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Wintec

TOPIC - Wintec WBT-201 Data Logger

WBT-201 GPS and Linux

Download WintecGPXLoad WBT201 Edition for Mac
    http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/252...wbt201-edition

Dropzone.com Skydive Forums: Skydiving Disciplines:
    http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/foru...i?post=2919501
    Wintec WBT-201 @ 4Hz

I used the information in that above discussion, to learn how to change from 1000ms (Std) to 250ms (4Hz Mod)

WBT-201
    Wintec WBT-201

Price: 89€
    Trackpoints: 131072
    Battery: Nokia-compatible, a BL-4C (a BL-5C also fits with some force it is claimed in this German forum post)
    Battery life (claimed in datasheet): 12 hours with logging on and Bluetooth connection, 15 hours with Bluetooth off
    Connection: Bluetooth and serial USB
    Chipset: Atmel ATR0625P / u-blox Antaris 4
    Channels: 16
    RawData/RINEX: yes
    FWFlash: no
    FWVersion:
    SPIFlash: SST 25VF016B
    LogFlash: ATMEL 2532
    LogMicrocontroller: Atmel ATMEGA162V8
    ExternalAntenna: no
    BT: RF3505G1
    Size: 60 x 38 x 18 mm
    Weight: 44 gramms with rechargeable battery
    Product Page
    Specification (German; caution: has link to outdated TimeMachineX version)
    USB: Silicon Labs CP2102 USB to UART Bridge Controller
    Comparison with Transystems i-Blue 747 (German/Deutsch)
    WBT-201-Users

Good things

Update rate up to 4Hz
    Very good sensitivity (-158dBm)
    Small and light
    Charges via standard mini-A USB, power supply and car adapter included
    Traces can be downloaded with gpsbabel gpsbabel support for the Wintec
    Works on FreeBSD 7.1, Linux (using gpsbabel), Windows
    Settings can be changed with gtk-g-rays2 under *nix
    Logging rate can be adjusted by time and/or distance
    Settings can be changed very versatile
    Bluetooth can be switched off for power saving
    Track button can mark a waypoint and start a new track
    Shareware for PALM OS devices available to change settings and to read out of the tracks
    Command Line tools in Python available
    u-center GPS Evaluation Software and u-center mobile for PocketPCs - very detailed settings possible
    TimeMachineX WinTec's Windows software
    Omegas software

Bad things

No battery status indicator
    No output except a status LED (no way to judge quality of recorded trace using device only)

Summary
    Good signal reception, lots of space for waypoints, nice device.
    I used u-center GPS Evaluation Software and u-center mobile.

I changed the interval from 1000ms (1 Sec Logging) to 250ms (4Hz Logging)

I can confirm it works, but all 4 x GPS Track logs have the same DateTime Stamp when read on Garmin MapSource and it sometimes gets the order wrong!

It can appear that you went backwards, then forwards again, in a 'jump'.

It can be problematic set to 4Hz Tracking when connecting vis USB to PC and running 'TimeMachineX' application. The WBT-201 so 'busy' outputting NMEA Data @ 4Hz, it difficult selecting the Settings to read the Log.

I get around this, by deliberately selecting the wrong COM Port, and can then select the Read GPS Track Log, then change the COM Port to the correct Port # (Silabser0), so it then enters Command mode and starts reading the GPS Log, to HDD on PC.

I have mine set so it only records Track Points >4Kmph (so it does not record spurious GPS Track points when stationary). I also have the Log Setting 'Mode'. to be on 'Change of Heading'

Condition 1:Valid Speed For Record:After positioning, if the speed is between the left side (minimum) and right side (maximum), it is a valid speed for recording.
    Min: 4Kmph, Max: 130kmph

Condition 2:After Condition 1 working, the Condition 2 would be reviewed. The device will record one point when the angle of left and right side changed more than 5 degrees (total 10 degrees), and record the other point for the other 10 degrees based on the last point.
    I now have my WBT-201 set to 4 Degrees ie deviation from Heading by + 2 Degrees from last Track Point, it records another Track Point (up to 4 per Second with my interval set @ 250ms via UBlox).

I bought the WBT-201 Blutooth GPS Logger so I did not need to strap my Nokia N95 8GB costing Php24,000 to the handlebars of my XT225, and it could read the WBT-201 strapped to the Bike, over Bluetooth.

I therefore can have 3 x GPS Track Logs - i) WBT-201 internal GPS Log, ii) Garmin Nuvi 255 (that does not record a .bin file, so no such 1 Sec Diagnostic Track Log), GPS Application on my N95 8GB (typically Sports Tracker, but many others including RaceChrono.
    Last edited by Britster; 05-04-2012, 14:33.

Comment

Working...
    X