Nuvi 760 External Power Supply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuvi 760 External Power Supply

I have bought this product from CD-R King and it really works great and is very helpful.

If you are navigating on foot, motorcycle, banca or on a mountain bike and there is no cigarette lighter power supply, you can plug this external power supply to your nuvis and instantaneously you'll have power which lasts for another 4-5 hours.

You may also use this to charge your nuvis as well when you are not navigating. This is also useful for charging cellphones, ipods etc..

here is the product : http://www.cdrking.com/local/product...706401-0779965

**This is not an ad nor I am promoting CD-R king. I just want to share something I which has been useful to me.

Originally posted by ravewave View Post
    I have bought this product from CD-R King and it really works great and is very helpful.

If you are navigating on foot, motorcycle, banca or on a mountain bike and there is no cigarette lighter power supply, you can plug this external power supply to your nuvis and instantaneously you'll have power which lasts for another 4-5 hours.

You may also use this to charge your nuvis as well when you are not navigating. This is also useful for charging cellphones, ipods etc..

**This is not an ad nor I am promoting CD-R king. I just want to share something I which has been useful to me.
    How much it cost?

Comment

880pesos, sir

Comment

a nice back-up.thanks for that link!

Comment

youre welcome =) ive now bought 2 actually for looong distance trips

Comment

+1

Comment

Originally posted by ravewave View Post

Actually, there ain't many products that can sync and charge the Nuvi that's why I bought from the internet.

Sync and charge means that while using the Nuvi, it can also charge the Nuvi simultaneously. Even the car chargers whose specs is also the same, NOT all can sync and charge. That's when I saw Gomadic.com. They have a wide range of accessories for almost all GPS makers and brands, even cellphones.

Comment

PageDown, that is true. Not all units have the capability of sync-and-charge. Actually I have to do 5 steps with my nuvi760 before it charges while on navigation mode.

With the unit turned on :
                1. Press the battery icon for 8-10sec.
                2. It will then go to sort of a diagnostic page. That's when you plug in the power supply.
                3. Pres Exit (It could be found on the lower right corner)
                4. It will then exit the diagnostic page and unit will reboot (But it will hang)
                5. Turn off the unit and turn it back on.

Voila!! It will go to the main page with the battery charging and at the same time ready to navigate.

Comment

I can do it in 2 steps on the 255W:

1. Plug in the USB and allow it to go to "sync" mode
                  2. Unplug the USB and wait like 1-2 secs. and plug it again

Try this on the 760 and see if it works.
                  There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by oj88 View Post
                    I can do it in 2 steps on the 255W:

1. Plug in the USB and allow it to go to "sync" mode
                    2. Unplug the USB and wait like 1-2 secs. and plug it again

Try this on the 760 and see if it works.
                    Wow!!! Great!! Thanks for the tip.. It actually worked!!

Comment

Newbie here.

Just got my NUVI 760 from a friend.

I noticed that NOT all USB cables work when connecting to the Nuvi. For instance, I used the cable from my external Bufffalo Harddisk to connect. Although it seems to be charging, it could not connect to my computer.

Is this common? OR do I need to bring the actual USB cable that came with the box?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Comment

Not all USB cables are created equal. Some cheap cables have poor shielding or on the really bad ones, incorrect or incomplete pin-to-pin connections.

I am using a USB cable that came with a Sony digicam in the office while at home, I use a generic USB cable from God knows what gadget it came with. Both will sync and charge my Nuvi.
                        There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Good to know oj88. Thanks for the feedback.

I used both USB on my external WD Harddisk and one from my APC external battery. Both seem to charge ok, but I am having trouble syncing.

Will try others that I have and hope one would work.

Comment

Originally posted by RRM0221 View Post
                            Newbie here.

Just got my NUVI 760 from a friend.

I noticed that NOT all USB cables work when connecting to the Nuvi. For instance, I used the cable from my external Bufffalo Harddisk to connect. Although it seems to be charging, it could not connect to my computer.

Is this common? OR do I need to bring the actual USB cable that came with the box?

Any assistance would be appreciated.
                            i use my buffalo cable on my nuvi...no prob encountered.
                            FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Hi Reiji. Mine does not work.

Would me being in Windows 7 have anything to do with it? I already tried a number of USB cables (even for the Blackberry) but still cannot connect.

Comment

Working...
                              X