This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mapsource higher than 6.15.7 - Incompatible to RG Map

Do not upgrade your mapsource to version 6.15.11 / 6.16.1 / 6.16.2 / 6.16.3. These versions are not compatible with third-party Garmin maps, resulting in locked maps. Stick with version 6.13.7 or the latest known working version, 6.15.7.

For those who have a Garmin map and want to get the latest version, do a dual installation as advised by jonatle. Upgrade one version and keep the other one for viewing roadguide map.
    Last edited by doki; 04-12-2011, 06:28.

Unlocking Problem

Originally posted by pokz View Post
    Do not upgrade your mapsource to version 6.15.11. This version is not compatible with third-party Garmin maps, resulting in locked maps. Stick with version 6.13.7 or the latest known working version, 6.15.7.

For those who have a Garmin map and want to get the 6.15.11 version, do a dual installation as advised by jonatle. Upgrade one version and keep the other one for viewing roadguide map.
    I download the 6.15.11 version yesterday and I could not unlock the v1.10 maps.

How to downgrade to 6.15.7?
    d1754
    "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
    those who accept it avoid the snares of death
    . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

Originally posted by d1754 View Post
      I download the 6.15.11 version yesterday and I could not unlock the v1.10 maps.

How to downgrade to 6.15.7?
      http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=26

Comment

I already have the Mapsource.

I uninstall all Garmin software including the Trip & Waypoint manager from the Control Panel then reinstall it again. It should be 6.13.7 but not. When I run Mapsource, it is still 6.15.11.

I can not downgrade to 6.13.7
        d1754

Comment

hi d1754, found this link on another site.. It has some directions to uninstall mapsource
          http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/i...showtopic=2509

Be careful it's quite risky... it deals with the registry of your computer.. Goodluck! HTH

I already have the Mapsource.

I uninstall all Garmin software including the Trip & Waypoint manager from the Control Panel then reinstall it again. It should be 6.13.7 but not. When I run Mapsource, it is still 6.15.11.

I can not downgrade to 6.13.7

Comment

Originally posted by razorspells View Post
            hi d1754, found this link on another site.. It has some directions to uninstall mapsource
            http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/i...showtopic=2509

Be careful it's quite risky... it deals with the registry of your computer.. Goodluck! HTH
            This one works? Thank you.
            d1754

Comment

Complete Uninstallation of Mapsource 6.15.11

For those of you who is also a victim of this version, I cut and paste the text from the link given by razorspell. For your guidance.

Please follow these steps to completely remove all Garmin and Mapsource entries from the computer.

1. Go to the start menu in windows

2. Select the settings and then select the control panel.

3. In the control panel double click on the icon for ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS.

4. Select MapSource in the uninstall window. The software will ask to if you wish to uninstall all the components, answer YES to this option.

5. Next go to my computer and open the "c" drive, there you will see a Garmin folder delete it, while there look in the Program Files folder, if you see a Garmin folder there delete it also.

6. Next go to Start and click on Run

A. Type in %temp% and click ok, this will bring you to your temp files

B. G o to edit and click on select all

C. T hen go to file and click on delete

D. O nce the files start being deleted, there may be some that will give you an option to select yes or no, select no you don't want to delete it, some may simply say that the file can not be deleted that is ok because those are needed files, once you click on ok in that pop up the process will stop

E. Y ou can start it again by pressing and holding the (Ctrl) key on the key board, and then clicking on the first file in the list, that will deselect the first file which should be the one that stopped the process

F. Now click on Delete on the key board and start the deleting process again

G. Keep repeating these steps until the temp files have been cleaned out accept the ones that need to stay.

7. Select the Start key to the run option. In the run window type in < regedit > and enter. In the registry editor, you need to be very careful and please follow these steps precisely.

a. Select the (+) next to the folder stating HKEY_CURRENT_USER

b. In this view select the (+) next to SOFTWARE, when you click on this it will open your registry further.

c. In the SOFTWARE view you will see a series of folders, one will be GARMIN. Highlight the word GARMIN and press the delete key. It will ask for confirmation of deletion. Make sure that the word GARMIN is the only key highlighted. Press on the (-) signs to contract the expansion.

d. Repeat the same process for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. It may not be in this registry.

8. Shut down your system as normal and then let the system set for about 30 seconds and then start up your computer.

9. Before re-installing the software please disable or turn off any security programs; i.e. Norton, McAfee, Spyware, and or Zone Alarm.

10. Reinstall the software. It will ask for the destination folder, if the setting is the C:\Program Files and so forth, click on the browse option and type in a different destination folder. C:\Garmin. This folder will not exist, but the option to create it will follow. Select OK.

11. Reboot after finishing your installation allowing the software to rest in the destination folder.

12. After you reinstall, I recommend that you upgrade your operating software to the MapSource 6.15.7 version only.
              d1754

Comment

For those of you who is also a victim of this version, I cut and paste the text from the link given by razorspell. For your guidance.

Please follow these steps to completely remove all Garmin and Mapsource entries from the computer.

1. Go to the start menu in windows

2. Select the settings and then select the control panel.

3. In the control panel double click on the icon for ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS.

4. Select MapSource in the uninstall window. The software will ask to if you wish to uninstall all the components, answer YES to this option.

5. Next go to my computer and open the "c" drive, there you will see a Garmin folder delete it, while there look in the Program Files folder, if you see a Garmin folder there delete it also.

6. Next go to Start and click on Run

A. Type in %temp% and click ok, this will bring you to your temp files

B. G o to edit and click on select all

C. T hen go to file and click on delete

D. O nce the files start being deleted, there may be some that will give you an option to select yes or no, select no you don't want to delete it, some may simply say that the file can not be deleted that is ok because those are needed files, once you click on ok in that pop up the process will stop

E. Y ou can start it again by pressing and holding the (Ctrl) key on the key board, and then clicking on the first file in the list, that will deselect the first file which should be the one that stopped the process

F. Now click on Delete on the key board and start the deleting process again

G. Keep repeating these steps until the temp files have been cleaned out accept the ones that need to stay.

7. Select the Start key to the run option. In the run window type in < regedit > and enter. In the registry editor, you need to be very careful and please follow these steps precisely.

a. Select the (+) next to the folder stating HKEY_CURRENT_USER

b. In this view select the (+) next to SOFTWARE, when you click on this it will open your registry further.

c. In the SOFTWARE view you will see a series of folders, one will be GARMIN. Highlight the word GARMIN and press the delete key. It will ask for confirmation of deletion. Make sure that the word GARMIN is the only key highlighted. Press on the (-) signs to contract the expansion.

d. Repeat the same process for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. It may not be in this registry.

8. Shut down your system as normal and then let the system set for about 30 seconds and then start up your computer.

9. Before re-installing the software please disable or turn off any security programs; i.e. Norton, McAfee, Spyware, and or Zone Alarm.

10. Reinstall the software. It will ask for the destination folder, if the setting is the C:\Program Files and so forth, click on the browse option and type in a different destination folder. C:\Garmin. This folder will not exist, but the option to create it will follow. Select OK.

11. Reboot after finishing your installation allowing the software to rest in the destination folder.

12. After you reinstall, I recommend that you upgrade your operating software to the MapSource 6.15.7 version only.
                thank you for this one sir.

Comment

Mapsource 6.15.7

Can somebody please supply me with the link where I can can download the mapsource 6.15.7 all google shows is the latest version.
                  Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by jnieurzyla View Post
                    Can somebody please supply me with the link where I can can download the mapsource 6.15.7 all google shows is the latest version.
                    Thank you
                    from "how to get mapsource". both 6.13.7 and 6.15.7 is here

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....88&postcount=1

Comment

mapsource

Thank you for your help

Comment

Mapsource 6.15.7

I downloaded, and after some trouble managed to install it, got the map to display, but to unlock, in utilities it still says to go online to garmin, the version is 6.15.7
                        Help please.
                        John

Comment

Originally posted by jnieurzyla View Post
                          I downloaded, and after some trouble managed to install it, got the map to display, but to unlock, in utilities it still says to go online to garmin, the version is 6.15.7
                          Help please.
                          John
                          hi sir. did u use the unlock wizard?
                          if not, then go to start>all programs>garmin>unlock wizard

Comment

Mapsource 6.16.1 is now available at Garmin

here

looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by kinyo View Post
                              Mapsource 6.16.1 is now available at Garmin

here

looks good!
                              Beware. You can not unlock the map from third party source like the one we got here.
                              d1754

Comment

Working...
                              X