GPSmap 76csx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPSmap 76csx

just recently got mine anyone here who has it? been using it lately.. love its so far

so where are your tracks?

put interval on max and make sure you record all on the sd card!

waiting for your contributions!
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Isn't it that when "Saving Tracks", Garmin tends to simplify and reduce points on your tracklogs to make the file smaller (loosing data in the process).

Maybe we should continuously remind that track contributors should save their "Active Tracklogs" frequently on their harddrives (instead of the saved tracklogs), and email them to this Forum. But preferably removing the previously sent portion of the Active Tracklogs (to prevent duplicates).

Comment

Originally posted by ralleon View Post
        Isn't it that when "Saving Tracks", Garmin tends to simplify and reduce points on your tracklogs to make the file smaller (loosing data in the process).

Maybe we should continuously remind that track contributors should save their "Active Tracklogs" frequently on their harddrives (instead of the saved tracklogs), and email them to this Forum. But preferably removing the previously sent portion of the Active Tracklogs (to prevent duplicates).
        yes saving tracks does that.
        on the csx series you can however continuously record on the sd card with 1m interval without loosing accuracy or trackpoints.
        if their screens would be bigger they would be the ultimate gps to have, even as they are they are the best tracking tools (nonprof) available at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by boybakal View Post

just recently got mine anyone here who has it? been using it lately.. love its so far

hi boybakal

i have the same unit also (given only) im using the upgraded map and not the default map How much is the unit cost ?

Comment

Originally posted by t3kk3n View Post
            hi boybakal

i have the same unit also (given only) im using the upgraded map and not the default map How much is the unit cost ?
            where did you get the upgraded map?

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
              where did you get the upgraded map?
              Hi Jan
              I have a PM for you regarding the map upgrade

Comment

hi sir t3kk3n

i got my gps for $314 my sis bought it at Houston texas then she visited philippines this december.. im still trying to understand the unit will be contributing in few days ill compile and organize it first..

Comment

Originally posted by boybakal View Post
                  hi sir t3kk3n

will be contributing in few days ill compile and organize it first..
                  that's the spirit !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                    so where are your tracks?

put interval on max and make sure you record all on the sd card!

waiting for your contributions!

Hmm its just now that i understand this post

I notice the tracks are inaccurate when i pass by lots of high rise obstruction, flyover and tunnels etc.. my tracks are set on "auto" thinking its best. Now my next track would be "max" or "most often" too bad went out for 3 days tracking and some roads doesn't really track that nicely on high speed and obstructed places...

Comment

Hi boybakal.
                      we meet here again, as angler GPS user

Comment

Hi kalapati! haha your here too hope you contribute and get the latest map here... im still enjoying my 76csx thanks to your advice.. my next buy would be a cigaret lighter power supply for the gps i got a car mount for gps76 but got no suction cup to use it..

Comment

Where to Buy?

just bought the GPS map 76CSx, i want to mount it in my car. Where can I buy the external magnamount antena and the case with suction?
                          d1754
                          "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
                          those who accept it avoid the snares of death
                          . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

i also owned a 76csx, d best thing to this model is it floats!!!

Comment

Originally posted by marksman View Post
                              i also owned a 76csx, d best thing to this model is it floats!!!
                              It's a marine GPS and accepts blue chart maps. With said maps you can determine tides at any given place, date and time. A friend of mine uses the chart to find the position of reefs for spear fishing...

Comment

Working...
                              X