• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

China Map

Does anyone have china map??? Thanks

Originally posted by gareth85 View Post
    I've seen some china maps but file size is huge, more than 1GB...

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
      I've seen some china maps but file size is huge, more than 1GB...
      Wow! 1GB na map!

Comment

may na dl ako kaso hindi sya accurate. napupunta sa dagat. lumang map siguro file size mga 302.1 MB

Comment

oo nga sana may makuha tayo new maps for china...i'm looking for one now pero not sure if they would be reliable

Comment

Try this sir, I found this from a previous post. I bookmarked it so, everytime someone ask, i recommended the site.

http://www.mapsntrails.com/en/china/maps-vector

Comment

Actually I am doing project on china. but I have no perfect maps for my project. If anyone have china map, Please give link to me.

Comment

OSM of China work with non-China GPS.

GPS in CHINA
                There are many fairly reasonable priced GPS Navigators on sale in China.

These tend to be Windows CE based or Android OS versions.

There are 'mods' so that Windows CE can be compatible with Windows Moblile GPS Software (such as Garmin Mobile XT for Windows Mobile).

NB: All GPS Units and Smart Cell Phones with GPS Navigation, sold in China for Domestic use, has Digital Maps and GPS Tracking with an 'Offset'!

I took a 37Km car ride to Jiangyou, North of where I am living to NW of Mianyang, Sichuan. I was asked if I could help out taking a Kingergarten English Class for some 5 year olds.

I had no Classes at my School, as closed for 2.5 days for 'Tomb Sweeping' holiday.

I had with my my Chinese Android Smart Phone, and my Garmin Nuvi 255 (with replacement battery fitted). ;Should last at least 3 hours at least, once more!

I need to reload a decent Chinese Map to my Garmin Nuvi (as I replaced it with OSM.ph and RG.ph and 10m Contour Map when I came back to Philippines in Jan/Feb).

This particualar Android Smart Phone (W80 from Gretel) does not have a GPS Receiver, it uses Cell Site information to triangulate approximate position. So it is not going to track movement, as well as a dedicated GPS using orbiting Geo-stationary Positioning Satellites.

I am working on how to use my WBT-201 Bluetooth GPS Logger but might have to take it off the modified 250ms Log Interval, and try 500ms or the standard 1,000ms, as having problems with most Android Bluetooth Apps for GPS currently (locking up).

It did show the vehicle as being on the roads, of the China Google Map

I was able to compare its shown position with the trace/track being drawn by my Garmin Nuvi 255.

Coming back from Jianyou, it followed the outward Journey pretty well (apart from the last part where different road taken to take me back to the School where I am living at). matched (most of the time) the position shown on the Mobile Phone Google Map.

http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=2076772

I uploaded to GPSVisualizer.com the GPS Track from my Garmin Nuvi, and created a Google Map >showing that GPS Track to Jianyou and back.

This added my uploaded .gpx track to a created Google Map with a visible OFFSET (which when zoomed in and positioned against the Map 'Scale" Ruler, seems to be 1000' to the West and perhaps 750'' to the North)!,

On MapSource, the imported GPS Track, from my Garmin Nuvi 255, added to the Garmin 'Global Map' view, shows it pretty much aligns up with the few Roads that are on that basic Global Map of China.

However one can see that the GPS Track does not align with the roads shown on that Google Map created by GPS Visualizer, using it here in China!

See [ur;]https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?32938-Map-tracks-in-China[/url]

All Google Maps and official Garmin Maps and other GPS Maps of China, all have this OFFSET!

Any GPS not bought in China, that is taken into China, will create tracks that don't line up with China Maps!

China Maps are to the East by 1000' it seems and to the South by 750' perhaps?

OpenStreetMaps of China don't have this problem (but they are not particularly up to date!).

Garmin China City Navigator NT map 2012.40

Before the Spring Festival, Garmin launched the latest version of the map in 2013, the version number is 2012.40, with the latest point of interest and road network for Garmin users, convenient holiday travel customers. 311 districts nationwide update navigable road mileage increased to four million kilometers, also increased the number of points of interest.

2012.40 Major update:

1. the total number of points of interest more than 12.5 million records.

2. 3 D junction real figure of nearly 600 new junction, covering 69 cities of the country's 24 provinces / municipalities.

3. the 2D landmark buildings icons coverage and quantity continues to increase, a 21% increase in the number.

4. covering the country the doorplate address information increased nearly 10%, and continued to lead the industry.

5. ATM before the name, plus the name of the road, and user-friendly identification.

6. based on user feedback to optimize the path planning.
                The Official Garmin Map of China is in Chinese and has this Offset

However it is possible to get hold of 'Venus' modified versions The 'Venus' version, has the correct Offset Shift Adjustment so GPS Tracks, should align correctly.)

City Navigator China 2012.20 NT is available on certain websites (* not allowed to give any URL) in English (Pinyin) (Official Shifted & Venus Shift-Corrected)

There are also versions with QSI

QSI, stands for "Quick Spelling Input".

It let you search a Chinese name by entering only the first letter of each Chinese character in PinYin, instead of entering the full PinYin.

For example, to search TianAnMen (天安门), you need to enter "tam" only instead of "TianAnMen". This is very useful for long names especially.

These are the File sizes of the Venus (Shift Corrected) version of the Garmin China City Navigator NT map 2012.40
                Venus-CN-China-2012.40-CHS-NT17-QSI gmapprom.img: 2.18 GB (2,345,353,216 bytes), gmapbmap.img: 2.18 GB (2,345,353,216 bytes)

Venus-CN-China-2012.20-ENG-NT17 gmapsupp.img: 1.51 GB (1,626,701,824 bytes).

Even the older map (in Pinyin) is big to fit on my Garmin Nuvi 255!
                The answer was to find tutorials and Tools that allows one to load such Map into MapSource. Then I selection only parts of China (2012.20 and 2012.40 - wanted to be able to switch between Maps to see if latest had more detail, then switch back to read Pinyin version). and uploaded to my Nuvi 255.

To show one needs a 'Venus' shift-carrected version of Chinese (and Google Maps), for use with GPS not bought in mainland China (for domestic use), here is that same GPS Track Log, as Mapsource screen shot, but with such 'Venus' version of the Garmin Map of China (and every Digital Map available in China):-

NB: This Garmin China City Navigator NT map 2012.40

This was realeased in 2013, the Data is already out of date as new roads are being added all the time.

This shows my outward and return journey along a new road at the Intersection with the Southwast Finance and Economics University, that takes one to the Southwest University of Science and Technology.

This road is NOT on that new Garmin Map of China!

It is now on the OpenStreetMap (and OpenCycleMap) as I added it to OSM!

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=31...04.692&zoom=14
                http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=31...om=13&layers=C
                Last edited by Britster; 05-13-2013, 16:50.

Comment

Garmin.CH - Free 'Attractions Book' downloads

http://www.garmin.com.cn/richpoi/

Home »Attraction book download
                  There are 43 Volumes

On each URL, there are Downloads for MAC and WIN

http://www.garmin.com.cn/richpoi/detail/poi_001/
                  http://www.garmin.com.cn/richpoi/detail/poi_043/

All in Chinese I expect?

poi_001/ = SoutheastAsia_CHN.zip (Angkor/Bali/HongKong/Macau/Singapore Travel)
                  poi_002/ = KLTravel_CHN.zip
                  poi_003/ = SeoulTravel_CHN.zip
                  poi_004/ = NOBeijing.zip
                  poi_040/ = WuhanTravel_CHN.zip = WuhanTravel_CHN.gpi
                  poi_041/ = LoveInXian_CHN.zip
                  poi_042/ = SplendidHunan_CHN.zip
                  poi_043/ = DiscoverShanXi_CHN.zip
                  Last edited by Britster; 05-13-2013, 17:33.

Comment

I know this is a very old thread, but...

may na dl ako kaso hindi sya accurate. napupunta sa dagat. lumang map siguro file size mga 302.1 MB
                    Baka iyan ang map na gamit ng mga chinese fishing boats na naliligaw sa Philippine waters?!?

LOL.

Comment

Working...
                    X