Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nüvi 1370T - Black Screen

Good Day,

I have a nüvi 1370T and have a problem with black screen. It was working fine before, then my brother decided to update the map using Garmin map installer. It was bought in Dubai so we're trying to put a Philippine map on it so we can use it locally. Unfortunately, its not working anymore. Were stuck on boot up with black screen, we try to power it up while connected on PC or car charger. I also think that the unit's battery is dead since it wont open if not plugged on to the PC or car charger. Can anyone here help me fix the blank screen issue?

Thanks a lot and Best Regards,

P_20170304_152638.jpg

You might want to try a factory reset. Lots of info if you google that.
    Experiencia Docet

Comment

Originally posted by hennme69c View Post
      You might want to try a factory reset. Lots of info if you google that.
      I already tried to factory reset the unit, unfortunately it doesn't power on without power source (connected thru pc or car charger) which is required to do a factory reset (I think the unit's battery is dead). I was hoping there's another way to reset the unit while plugged in on a power source. Anyways, thanks for your reply!

NOTE: Here are the steps i followed when trying to do factory reset.
      A master reset will erase all favorites1 and will restore your device to the default factory settings. If you would like to back up your favorites to your computer, you can find instructions to do so here.
      To perform a master reset on a nuvi 200, 205, 405, 500, 600, 700, 705, 1100, 1200, 1300, 1400 series, 1690, 1695, 2300 LIVE series, zumo 220, 450, 550, 660, and 665:
      Start with the device OFF and unplugged from power
      Touch and hold the lower right corner of the screen with an index finger or the eraser end of a pencil
      Continue touching and holding the lower right hand corner of the screen then power the device ON
      Release the power button when the device powers ON
      You will see a new message: "Do you really want to erase all user data?"
      Remove your finger from the touch screen when this message displays
      Touch Yes
      If text language is not in English, this is the button on the right
      The device will now reset. Follow the on-screen prompts and then place your device in an area with a clear view of the sky until it acquires satellites.
      Although the master reset will erase all saved favorites, any loaded custom points of interest will remain intact on the device.
      Last edited by rgalguerra; 04-21-2017, 09:11.

Comment

Up ^

Comment

Working...
        X