Mapsource 6.16.3 won't link to Google Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mapsource 6.16.3 won't link to Google Earth

Lately my Mapsource 6.16.3 can no longer connect to GE, it always says Google Earth required when i fact i have GE installed already.
    I even installed GE Pro but with same results.
    Any ideas mga kuya?
    Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    - Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

from the ff page:

https://forums.garmin.com/showthread...h-and-BaseCamp

If Google Earth is Not recognized in Mapsource or Basecamp the problem is that Google Earth/Google Earth Pro has not registered properly.

Solution:

First you need to check properties to show WHERE Google Earth is installed:

From the Command Prompt type the the following as applicable and press ENTER:

(Make sure you are in the C:\ root directory)

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google Earth Pro\client\googleearth.exe" /RegServer (works with Google Earth Pro in Win 7...10)

"C:\Program Files\Google\Google Earth Pro\client\googleearth.exe" /RegServer (Google Earth Pro in XP)

"C:\Program Files\Google\Google Earth\client\googleearth.exe" /RegServer (Google Earth in XP)

Should fix Google Earth recognition problem
    hth

Comment

Thank you very much

My Mapsource and Basecamp are now linked on my GE Pro. Thanks a lot Kuya Kinyo
      Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
      - Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

Comment

Working...
      X