gps work in one car but not in another car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gps work in one car but not in another car

Hi just wanna ask for help why my gps work in my honda car but not in toyota vios. Its alway searching for satellite! Before this it used to work intermitently before totally no signal. But when I move it to my other car it works! Can anybody help me with this.
    Thanks for your help.

If you just transferred your nuvi to the other car, it should work.

Originally posted by batmailliw View Post
    Hi just wanna ask for help why my gps work in my honda car but not in toyota vios. Its alway searching for satellite! Before this it used to work intermitently before totally no signal. But when I move it to my other car it works! Can anybody help me with this.
    Thanks for your help.

Comment

Tint?

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
      How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

If it works in one car but not the other, there is a problem with reception. Hold the unit outside a window in the Toyota until it gets reception, then move it to its inside mount and see what happens. If it loses reception, you'll know there's something in the Toyota blocking the signal. You may be able to buy an external antenna for your unit.
        Experiencia Docet

Comment

agree with the old guy on this one.
          + 1 on TINT. especially VKOOL

* - The technology behind V-KOOL’s revolutionary performance is in a complex process of embedding multiple stacks of heat reflecting precious metals. The super clear substrate is embedded with atomic layers of Gold, Silver and Indium Oxide. This complex process gives V-KOOL its amazing heat reflection qualities without looking reflective or dark.
          Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
          - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

My money is on the type of tint as well and if it's covering the whole front windshield.

If it's not the tint, something in the Vios may be generating some sort of RF interference.
            There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

dash cams also affects gps reception, at least in my case with my sjcam m10. i have to turn off my dash cam first so my nuvi 1300 can get a good signal then i turn my dash cam ON.
              Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
              - Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

Comment

Working...
              X