Hello ,,,,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello ,,,,

Hi,, im new in the world of gps. I hope to learn more knowledge and especially contribute for the better of ROAD GUIDE PHILIPPINES.. Im using garmin 55LM. thanks

Welcome to RG!

Hi,

Welcome to RG!

Make sure to read the following link for the additional and useful information.

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthrea...ot-for-Newbies

Comment

Nestie,

Welcome to Roadguide.

I have one suggestion being that your unit has a Life time Map. If you have any plans to go to the US in the future, you best maintain the life time map by updating with Garmin every so often. But it uses a lot of space, so you might need to invest in an additional MicroSD, but a biggish one (CDRking offers cheap big capacity ones nowadays) so that you can load your Roadguide map onto the MicroSD, freeing up space in built in capacity of your device. But USA maps are so huge that they won't fit anymore into your built in memory.

If you have no plans to use the garmin in the US, you can just forget about the Lifetime map status and just delete the US map and load Roadguide map. Makes this more simple of course.

TTFN
      Arvin

Comment

Noob

Good day to everyone. I've only started using a GPS in 2013 and first bought a Navman which I have forgotten the model of. Prior to that, I was just using waze to get around Adelaide, South Australia. But it takes a lot from the battery and didn't want to have my phone on the dash under the scorching Australian summer sun and so I bought a Navman. Wasn't too happy with the Navman even after updating the maps. Replaced the Navman with the Garmin and all was well. Another hurdle with the Garmin was encountered when I brought it here to Manila. I can't seem to use it. Being a noob and a non techie as I am, I will appreciate getting all the help I can get to get it up and running for Philippine roads. I would also like to be a contributor myself.

Comment

Hi. Garmin devices are compatible with our Philippine map.
          This FAQ will answer all your questions http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthrea...ot-for-Newbies
          Goodluck!

Originally posted by comanche_chief View Post
          Good day to everyone. I've only started using a GPS in 2013 and first bought a Navman which I have forgotten the model of. Prior to that, I was just using waze to get around Adelaide, South Australia. But it takes a lot from the battery and didn't want to have my phone on the dash under the scorching Australian summer sun and so I bought a Navman. Wasn't too happy with the Navman even after updating the maps. Replaced the Navman with the Garmin and all was well. Another hurdle with the Garmin was encountered when I brought it here to Manila. I can't seem to use it. Being a noob and a non techie as I am, I will appreciate getting all the help I can get to get it up and running for Philippine roads. I would also like to be a contributor myself.

Comment

Working...
          X